Freedom and Forgiveness

Love Me The Same

Columbarium was a place where cremated remains were stored and Mark found himself inside that place. He was standing in front of one of the compartments, staring into a certain niche.

After letting out a deep breath, Mark then placed his hand on the glass door of the niche that he was staring at. He lifted the small bouquet that he brought, and placed it on the niche vase.

Mark took a step back after placing the flowers that he brought. He stared at the niche once again and made a silent prayer.

"Wherever he is now, he must be really happy." Mark muttered.

"Right, Jinyoung is already with his parents." Jaebum agreed.

While Mark and Jaebum agreed to each other, Youngjae, on the other hand, was sniffing and his tears were falling as he looked at Jinyoung's niche. This was not something that he expected to happen, but it happened anyway and all he needed to do was to accept that Jinyoung had left them already.

"Jinyoung... I miss you. Why did you have to leave us?" Youngjae cried.

Mark and Jaebum were just okay, but when Youngjae let out those statements, the two couldn't hold it back and their tears started to escaped from their eyes. The three of them were crying inside the columbarium, expressing their grief over Jinyoung's death.

----------------

After long hours of being unconcious, Jinyoung finally stirred in his sleep. He contracted his brows as he slowly opened his eyes and was greeted with a bright light coming from the light bulb. He looked around and noticed that he's in the hospital.

He sighed in relief. It was just a dream. He's not dead yet, he's still alive. He shook his head as he could still feel Youngjae's cry in his dreams.

Jinyoung tried to sit on his bed, but when he started to lift his body, the wound from his stomach started to hurt. "Ouch!"

Jaebum and Youngja, who were sleeping on the couch inside Jinyoung's ward, suddenly woke up from their sleep when they heard a noise. Youngjae shifted his attention at Jinyoung's direction to check the younger, but his eyes widened when he saw Jinyoung struggled himself to just sit on the bed.

"Jinyoung?" He called. He stood up and went straight to Jinyoung while Jaebum followed him. "Jinyoung? Are you okay?"

"Y-Youngjae hyung..." He muttered. "Jaebum hyung... what happened?"

Jaebum and Youngjae helped Jinyoung settled himself on the bed before they both sat on the chairs beside Jinyoung's bed.

"This is what you get for bravely pushing Mr. Tuan and received the bullet instead." Jaebum said, but he sounded like he was complaining.

"I did?"

"Yeah, of course you did. Aish, you're lucky that the bullet happened to miss all of your vital areas."

Jinyoung stared at the older before his mind recalled what happened on that day. And yes, he finally remembered that he ran towards Mr. Tuan, pushed him aside and let the bullet hit him.

"You remembered it already?" Youngjae asked in which Jinyoung slowly nodded his head. "I want to ask you on why did you do that? It would have killed you."

"Because I know how it feels like to lose a family." He answered. "I don't want anyone to feel that."

It was an answer that both Youngjae and Jaebum wasn't expecting to hear from the younger. Jaebum and Youngjae glanced at each other after hearing that answer. Then, they smiled at him.

"You know, your parents will be happy for you. You grew up being brave and kind man."

"Thank you, Jaebum hyung. You and Youngjae hyung are such great guardians, that's why I grew up like this." And it made the couple smile. "Oh! Where is Jackson, Bambam, and Yugyeom? And also Mr. Tuan?"

"Don't worry, they're fine. I told them to go home and take a rest. They were here for two days already, waiting for you to wake up."

"Really? How about Namjoon?"

"Namjoom was arrested afterwards together with his men and Mr. Nam. So, you don't have to worry anymore. You're free from danger now, Jinyoung."

"That's good to hear."

"Yeah. But, don't you want to ask about the other person?"

"Other person?" Jinyoung frowned. "Who is it Youngjae hyung?"

"Don't you want to ask about Mark?"

"Right. He was with you from the time you were shot, until you were sent to the hospital,  and even after your surgery." Jaebum added. "He refused to leave your side."

That was sweet, if Jinyoung would only think the positive side of it. But Mark already pushed him away. What happened to them was over a long time ago. So why would Mark act that way?

"Why would he do that? So, where is he now?"

"I asked him to go home this morning so that he could rest."

"Good thing he's not here. I... I don't want to talk to him anymore." Jinyoung pulled his blanket up and slowly laid himself down on the bed. "I'm sleepy. I'm going to sleep first."

"But you just woke up."

"Whatever hyung, I'm sleepy again."

Their break up still hurt Jinyoung. And for him, there's no reason for them to get back together anymore. Jaebum and Youngjae just stared at each other as they let Jinyoung take a nap once again.












 

Once again, Jinyoung woke up from his sleep after his stomach grumbled because of hunger. He hasn't eaten anything for days, and while he was held as a hostage, he was given spoiled food to eat.

He tried to look around, searching for Jaebum or Youngjae to ask for some food. But the person he saw who's sitting on the couch was someone that he wasn't expecting to see. It was Mark.

After staying at the hospital for days, Jaebum and Youngjae were asked to go home, take a bath, change clothes, and take a rest by Mark. He knew how tired the two were. Never leaving Jinyoung and making sure that he's fine. So after Mark came back to the hospital, he told them that he's going to watch Jinyoung and let the two go home.

At first, they hesitated to leave Jinyoung with Mark after hearing what Jinyoung had told them earlier. But then again, they were totally exhausted already and thought that it might help Jinyoung and Mark to talk and maybe fix their relationship. In the end, the two agreed and went home.

Mark was in the couch, playing with his phone when he noticed Jinyoung tried moving his head from left to right, until their eyes met. He stood up and approached Jinyoung. "D-do you need something?"

Jinyoung looked away. He didn't want to look at Mark in the eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I let Jaebum and Youngjae went home to take a rest, so I'm here to watch over you instead."

"It's okay. There's no need. I can take care of myself. You can go home now."

But Mark just stood there, staring at Jinyoung who was shooing him away.

Jinyoung glanced at Mark and said. "Why are you just standing there? I told you, I'm fine being alone so you can just go home."

"I'm staying here with you."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to."

"Because you wanted to? Or you just feel guilty? You're here because I got hurt after saving your father, right? Well, you can go now. There's no need for you to do this."

Mark felt insulted. He wanted to be with Jinyoung. He wanted to take care of him, and not because he's guilty after Jinyoung saved his father. "Why are you pushing me away?"

"Didn't you say that you don't want to see me again?"

This time, Jinyoung looked at Mark straight in the eyes. And by staring at Jinyoung, Mark could clearly see Jinyoung's sadness.

"If you don't want to see me again, then why are you here?"

What he said on that day remained on Jinyoung's mind. He ended their relationship on that day and left Jinyoung not only with a broken heart, but he left him with painful words.

It was like a dejavu. Jinyoung pushing him away was never different from how he pushed the younger away from him back then. Instead of defending himself, Mark just stayed silent. There's no words that could make Jinyoung feel better, painful words that Mark had told him before were already engraved in Jinyoung's mind.

"I'm sorry."

That was all Mark could say before he approached the table that was across from Jinyoung's bed, he unloaded the food containers from a paper bag and placed them on a table. Mark opened those food containers, and the smell of the food started traveling around the hospital room.

Without any words, Mark settle the food on a small table before carrying it and placed it in front of Jinyoung. "Youngjae cooked these for you. He asked me to give this to you once you wake up."

While Mark was busy preparing Jinyoung's dinner, Jinyoung just followed Mark's action with his gaze. And when he opened those food containers, Jinyoung lightened his eyes after seeing those mouthwatering food inside the countainers. He wasn't able to eat for days, and seeing those food in front of him made his appetite increased.

"I'll be outside. When you're done, just put it at the side. I'll clean it before leaving."

And Mark left Jinyoung's room after saying those. Jinyoung didn't want to see him, and so he decided to stay outside while the younger was eating. On the other hand, Jinyoung likely had an attack of conscience because he felt guilty after treating Mark that way and shooing him away. Jinyoung was so determined to get rid of Mark even though the older still tried his best to take care of him.













 

Mark strolled around the hospital, he found a small park where the nurses or family members of the patients strolled their relatives who were hospitalized. He sat on one of the benches, and stayed there until Jinyoung finished having his meal.

When he got back at Jinyoung's room after more than an hour, he found Jinyoung sleeping already. Following his orders, Jinyoung placed the small table on the nightstand. Mark checked the containers, and it was all clear. Jinyoung was totally hungry after being held at that abandoned building.

Mark then threw those empty containers before he slowly walked towards the younger once again and stared at Jinyoung's sleeping figure. He stared lovingly at Jinyoung's face and his lips slowly formed into a smile. Mark found Jinyoung being a cutie even when he's sleeping. Then, he recalled all his memories with Jinyoung.

Back then, whenever he's with JinE, Mark would always feel Jinyoung's presence. At first, he thought that it was normal since JinE and Jinyoung were twins. But after knowing the truth, he realized that JinE and Jinyoung weren't different at all. The two were just the same. JinE may dressed up as a girl and wore wig, but his personality being Jinyoung stayed within him.

He brought his hand towards Jinyoung's face and carefully caressed it on the younger's clear and smooth skin. " Good night, Jinyoung." Those are the words that came out from Mark's mouth before he turned around.

He was about to leave when something stopped him from leaving. A hand suddenly held Mark's wrist. "Don't go. Don't leave."

Mark widened his eyes because of the sudden touch and from what he heard from the younger. He quickly turned around and he saw that Jinyoung's eyes were still closed.

He sighed. "He's sleep talking."

Mark then slowly pulled his wrist from Jinyoung's grip, but before he could successfully let go from it, Jinyoung whined.

"Where are you going? Just stay with me. Why are you leaving me again?"

"I... I'm not leaving you." Mark answered innocently. He sounded like he was blamed for doing something bad.

Disregarding the plan of going home, Mark obediently sat on a chair beside Jinyoung's bed. He decided to stay at the hospital and... sleep beside Jinyoung since the younger wouldn't let go of his wrist.

Mark made sure to Jinyoung that he wouldn't be leaving him alone as he intertwined his hand with Jinyoung's hand that was holding his wrist. With that action, Jinyoung let out a sigh of relief and held Mark's hand tight.

Mark smiled. He smiled when Jinyoung held his hand so tight. He laid his head on the bed while facing Jinyoung. He slowly closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.












 

The next day, Jaebum and Youngjae came at the hospital, bringing food containers with flavorful dishes for breakfast in it. And when they entered the room, the sight of Mark laying his head on the hospital bed while holding Jinyoung's hand, greeted them.

That set up, made their eyebrows raised. They didn't know how to react to it. Will they be happy or angry? Happy, because the two finally fixed their misunderstanding? Angry, because Jinyoung accepted Mark's apology right away?

"Jinyoungie forgave Mark right away." Jaebum concluded. "Well, I thought he's going to make it hard for him. But I guess Jinyoung reallyhas a kind heart."

"I don't see it like that, honey."

"Why? Why don't you see it that way?"

"I just don't think these two were okay now. But... forget about it. Let's just place these on the table."

Both of them ignored Jinyoung and Mark, they just proceeded on unloading the paper bag that they brought. Inside it, where delicious food that Youngjae cooked for Mark and Jinyoung.

While doing it, Jinyoung suddenly stirred from his sleep followed by Mark. They were disturbed by small noises that Youngjae and Jaebum made. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He saw two figures of a person at the table across his bed.

"Hyung?" Jinyoung whispered almost inaudible.

Jinyoung was about to sit on his bed, when he noticed that he was holding someone's hand. He looked to the other side and saw Mark started lifting his head up. Then, he saw their intertwined hands. His eyes widened, especially when Mark looked at him.

"Jinyoung... you're awake already."

After releasing that statement, Jinyoung quickly withdraw his hands and acted like nothing happened. But, Youngjae and Jaebum already saw it and the couple locked their eyes at the two. "Why are you still here? I thought you'd go home last night."

"Go home? Why would he do that?" Youngjae jumped in. "Mark told us that he wanted to stay here and let us go home to rest. Then, why he would go home?"

"Unless, Jinyoung asked Mark to go home."

"It's wasn't like that, Jaebum hyung." Mark reacted, trying to defend Jinyoung from the two.

Youngjae let out a deep sigh. "Why won't the two of you just fix your problem instead of fighting, huh?"

"Denying your feelings won't do any good, let me tell you."

"Enough now. Youngjae hyung, Jaebum hyung, I know you brought food. I'm hungry now."

And arguing Jinyoung while he's in the state of recovering wouldn't do any good as well. So, Jaebum and Youngjae dropped the conversation just like how Jinyoung wanted it.

"Okay fine. Mark, sit here. Have your breakfast as well."

"Okay, Youngjae hyung."

While they were serving the food that they brought to Jinyoung, Mark's phone suddenly beeped. His father sent him a message. After reading it, Mark informed the two about the message that he received.

"Jaebum hyung, my father just send me a message."

"Ohh, what was it Mark?"

"He said that he's coming here today."


















 

Inside a coffee shop, Sana was sitting on one of the tables. In front of her was a thick white envelop and it seemed like she was there to meet someone.

The bell rang, indicating that a new customer has entered the establishment. Sana lifted her head and it was the person that she was waiting for. Mr. Tuan. She stood up when Mr. Tuan looked at her.

Upon seeing Sana sitting at the corner of the coffee shop, Mr. Tuan walked straight towards her. And when he was already standing at their table, Sana bowed at him. "Please sit down, Sana."

She obliged and sat on her seat. While Mr. Tuan did the same thing as well, sitting across her. She stared at the older in front of her, and her thoughts went to her father. The man in front of her was blamed for killing her mother and his business was about to go down because of his father.

Thinking all those things made her feel embarrassed meeting Mark's father. She held the envelope in front of her, slid it politely across her, and hanged her head low. "In behalf of my father, I apologized for everything that happened."

But Mr. Tuan wasn't surprised at all. He already know why Sana called to meet him, but the thing that Sana slid in front of him, he wasn't sure what was it and what was it for. "What is this?"

Sana withdrew her hands, leaving the envelope placed in front of Mr. Tuan and she answered. "It was the money that my father stole from your company. I withdrew all of them from my father's multiple accounts. I called to make an apology and to return that to the right owner."

When she mentioned that it was the money that was stolen from his company, Mr. Tuan grabbed and opened it. He checked what was inside.

"I know that's not enough and it's not the full amount of what was stolen. My father... I know he had taken more. I'm sorry, Mr. Tuan."

"Sana... you didn't have to do this."

"I know, Mr. Tuan. Giving it back won't change everything. And it won't make him free from the prison. But... I won't be asking you to do that."

"It's not what I mean, my dear. Now that you're alone, this will help you with your everyday needs. So instead of giving them back to me, just keep it. And I think, not all money that your dad kept in his accounts are all stolen. He worked hard to earn it as well."

"Stolen or not, I won't change my decision in giving them back to you. That might help me, but I can't afford to use the money that came from illegal acts. Everything my father did in your company was purely illegal. Why do you have to defend him, Mr. Tuan?"

"Sana... do you know why your father was the vice president in my company?"

She shook her head.

"He was the person I trusted the most. With all those things that he did, I know that your father is a good person. He was blinded by your mother's death that's why he made all those mistakes."

"Thank you." Sane muttered, her tears started to fall from her eyes. "Thank you for not hating my father."

"I understand him, my dear. But, he needed to take the responsibility of what he did to Jinyoung's family."

"Yes, I know that. And speaking of Jinyoung, I'm going to visit him today to apologize as well."

"Do you want to come with me?" Mr. Tuan offered. "I'm heading to visit  Jinyoung as well, after our meeting."

"Thanks for the invitation, Mr. Tuan, but I needed to see my friends before going there."

"I see." He smiled and stood up from his seat. "Well, I should get going now. See you at the hospital." He didn't miss to pick up the money from the table, then he looked at Sana. "About this, I'm going to take it because you insisted."

Sana nooded her head with a smile. Mr. Tuan left the shop first, while Sana stayed there, waiting for her friends to arrive.









 

A basket of fresh fruits and a bouquet of flowers was held by Yugyeom as he was getting inside Jinyoung's room with Mr. Tuan. Jaebum and Youngjae greeted Mr. Tuan as he got inside the hospital room. They also help Yugyeom in carrying those gifts and placed it on the table.

"May I have a word with you, Jinyoung?"

It was something that Jinyoung expected from Mr. Tuan. After all those years, they were a lot of things that they need to tell to each other. Jinyoung glanced at Jaebum and Youngjae, then nodded his head at them. Cueing them to leave him alone with Mr. Tuan. They obliged and immediately vanished from the room with Yugyeom and Mark.

"How are you, Jinyoung-ah?" Mr. Tuan asked as soon as they were left alone.

"I'm... getting better now, Mr. Tuan."

"I'm happy to hear that. Jinyoung, what you've done, was really dangerous. Why did you do it?"

"It was a decision that I made."

"A decision? But... it doesn't make sense. You save someone like me who  was the reason why you lost your parents. You should've let me die there."

"That's the reason why. I don't want Mark to experienced my life. I know how it feels like to lose your parents right in front of you. It's unbearable."

"When my mother and father died, my life became miserable." He continued. "I even thought about ending my own life and just be with them. But Youngjae and Jaebum hyung helped me to stand up again, even though it took a long time."

"Thank you. That's all I can say, though it won't make your parents to come back again. I couldn't save them just like how you saved me. Jinyoung, forgive me."

"No. If you were there, I know you would do something to save them."

"But I wasn't there. It was already too late."

"Mr. Tuan, I already told you. I didn't blame you for what happened to them. There are things that's bound to happen. All we need to do is to accept them and move on, even though those things may hurt us." Jinyoung smiled, hoping to lift the older's mood. "Well, hearing you saying that, do you think I should regret saving you, Mr. Tuan?"

"You said it was a decision that you made." Laughing, as the older responded. "Why are you trying to take it back now? You're making me feel guilty."

Jinyoung chuckled. "I was just kidding."






 

When Mark, Yugyeom, Jaebum, and Youngjae took a look at what was happening inside Jinyoung's room, all they see was just Mr. Tuan and Jinyoung both laughing at each other.

"I guess our mind was just running wild. We all thought that Jinyoungie and Mark's father would be fighting, but here they are laughing and smiling." Youngjae commented.

"When I found out about everything, I was really and totally surprised. I didn't know that it was like that. If I was Jinyoung, I wouldn't save the person who's the reason why his life turned out like this. I would probably resent him."

"Jinyoung was born with a good heart. So, I know that he will never hate someone that way."

"You're right, Jaebum hyung." Mark said with smile on his face and looked at the older. But that smile suddenly dropped when Mark saw someone behind Jaebum. It was Sana and she's walking towards them.

The couple saw how Mark's smile dropped, and they followed Mark's gaze where they saw Sana.

"What are you doing here?" Mark blurted out.

Before Sana could answer, she bowed at them, greeting them with such respect. "I would like to talk to Jinyoung."

"About what, young lady?" Ever since Youngjae knew that Sana was Mr. Nam's daughter, he never trusted her as she brought too much pain to Jinyoung as well.

"I... My father and I had caused too much trouble to Jinyoung, so I would like to apologize."

"Are you even sincere of what you're going to do?"

"Youngjae~"

"I am aware that what we did to him was beyond unacceptable and unforgivable. Jinyoung may not accept my apology, but I still want to do it."

Sana really stood there and mustered her courage to apologize and it was clearly painted on her face. Her face was full of regret and Youngjae could see it.

"Okay." Youngjae said with a sigh and it made Jaebum and Mark to look at him. "You can talk to him."

As soon as Youngjae permitted Sana to get in and talk to Jinyoung, Mr. Tuan came out from the room as well. And he smiled when he saw Sana.

"Sana, you're here. You should've really come here with me."

"It's okay, Mr. Tuan. I had to see my friends before coming here anyway."

"Ohh, I see."

"Wait. Dad, you met Sana?" Mark asked, curious about how his father treated Sana. His father should've hated Sana just like how Youngjae hated her.

"Yeah, I do son. Sana asked me to meet her."

"But why?" Mark looked at Sana this time.

"A-actually, I..."

"She asked me to see her because she wanted to return the money that his father got from the company. And, Sana gave an apology as well."

The three of them, Jaebum, Youngjae and Mark were surprised to hear that from Mr. Tuan. While they were looking at her with wide eyes, Sana kept her head hanged low. She didn't want to look at them. She was really embarrassed of what had happened.

"Well, I have to go now." Mr. Tuan said then he looked at Jaebum and Youngjae. "Jaebum-ah, Youngjae-ah, please inform me or Mark if you need anything for Jinyoung."

"We will, Mr. Tuan. Thank you so much."

"Yes, no problem." And this time, Mr. Tuan looked at his son and Sana. "I'll see you at home, Mark. Sana, I'll get going now."











 

After Mr. Tuan's visit, Jinyoung was left in his room all alone. He wasn't expecting any visitors at all, because Bambam and Jackson notified him that they'll be visiting the next day since Bambam needed to get enough rest as well.

So when the door opened, Jinyoung lifted his head to see who it was and a smile painted on his face when he saw Jaebum and Youngjae.

"Did Mr. Tuan leave already?" He asked the two.

"Yes. He already left Jinyoung." It was Jaebum who answered.

"I see. I guess I should be taking a nap now."

"Are you tired already?"

"Not really, Youngjae hyung. Why?"

Before giving Jinyoung an answer to his question, Jaebum and Youngjae glanced at each other before Youngjae decided to speak. "There's someone who wants to talk to you."

He frowned. "Who?"

The two didn't answer and just looked at the door that they had left open. A few minutes later, Mark came in followed by Sana. The person that Jinyoung wasn't expecting to appear at the hospital.

"S-sana?"

"H-hi." She muttered, as she stood a few steps away from Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung, Jaebum and I will leave you with Sana for a while. For you to talk."

Together with Youngjae and Jaebum, Mark also left Jinyoung's room. Leaving only Jinyoung and Sana inside the room.