Push andthe Pull

Love Me The Same

"S-sana?"

"H-hi." She muttered, as she stood a few steps away from Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung, Jaebum and I will leave you with Sana for a while. For you guys to talk." 

Together with Youngjae and Jaebum, Mark also left Jinyoung's room. Leaving only Jinyoung and Sana inside the room.

 

 

 

There was a long silence after the three went out to give the two some privacy to talk. Sana just kept on hanging her head low as well as Jinyoung. The atmosphere was really awkward, but they both knew that they had to break it. So, Sana spoke first.

"I know that you're not expecting to see me here."

"Why did you come?"

It was a question that made Sana feel hurt. She knew that her appearance was never needed in there, so it's just normal for them to say it. But hearing it personally, made her to feel hurt and unwated.

"I just want to apologize."

Silence. Jinyoung turned silent after Sana stated her intention for coming at the hospital and visit him.

"Jinyoung..." She called, trying to get the attention of Jinyoung. And this made Jinyoung to look at her. "An apology is not enough for what happened. I know that. But it's the only thing that I can do."

Jinyoung didn't hate Sana. He was angry at Sana's father. But hearing Mr. Nam's reason on why he did all those things, Jinyoung could actually relate somehow. When his parents were killed by Mr. Nam, all he wanted was to seek revenge for them.

"My life was a mess because of your father. And it even became messier when I met you." Jinyoung stated, recalling the hardships that he struggled to overcome because of Sana and his father. 

"I'm sorry."

"You both are alike. You both hate me and want me to vanish from your life."

"I..." Sana's tears started to gather in her eyes. "I didn't have any idea about everything. If I did, I would do everything to stop all of his plans. But, it was too late."

"You would? Have you forgotten that you almost kill me inside the storage room?"

"Jinyoung... I-i'm sorry."

"I hate how you can only say sorry after everything."

Her tears dropped. "I know and I hate it also. My apology won't change anything or even make your parents come back. What should I do? Only I can do is to say sorry and I know you will never forgive me and my dad. But that's okay. What we did was unacceptable, unforgivable, and unforgettable."

Sana, was the first person that Jinyoung met at the university. They became friends, and hanged out together at school. Their friendship was just broken because of jealousy. Sana was jealous with Jinyoung because of Mark. Jinyoung knew how kind Sana was and because of it, he couldn't hate or resent her. She was just blinded with jealousy that's why she did all those things. Then, Jinyoung let out a sigh.

"No matter how much you hate me, I couldn't bring myself to hate you. You were the first person I met at the university, remember?"

She did. Sana remembered it and she nodded her head in response. "Yeah, I do. You can change your voice from manly to feminine. I was really amaze at that time."

That statement made Jinyoung to chuckle quietly. His lips formed into a small smile. He looked at Sana and they both laughed while remembering the past.

"Jinyoung, I would like to say sorry about exposing your real identity and... for breaking you and Mark."

"It's okay. No secrets can be hidden forever. About Mark, we're not really meant to be together. It should be you and him in the first place."

"I already accept the fact that Mark doesn't love me. He loves you."

"No. He loves JinE, not me."

"But..."

Sana pursed her lips. She took a step closer towards Jinyoung's bed and said. "I've never seen Mark look at someone the way he looks at you. When he found out that you were kidnapped, he was determined to find you. When you were shot, Mark cried while holding you in his arms. He was afraid that you'd be gone. The way he looks at JinE is still the same as the way he looks at you, Jinyoung. He loves you."

Jinyoung was listening attentively to everything that Sana said. He's trying to sink in all those information. Does Mark really love? Like the real him and not as JinE?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After his conversation with Sana, Jinyoung still refused to talk to Mark even until he was discharged from the hospital. Since he didn't want to see or even talk to Mark, Jackson and Bambam were the only ones who welcomed Jinyoung back home.

While giving Jinyoung some time, Mark busied himself in helping his father with their business now that everything was slowly going back to normal and since it was their vacation as well. They have regained the trusts of their clients that was once lost because of Mr. Nam. And also, their sales were increasing almost everyday.

"Yugyeom-ah, can you help me review this one?" Mark asked while handing the younger with a folder.

"Yeah, sure. But..." Yugyeom glanced at his wrist watch after taking the folder. "Do you need this right away?"

He lost track with the time because of too much things to look into the company now that Mr. Nam was gone. He felt bad at Yugyeom for making him work without any breaks. "Yah! Even though we're busy, you should have your meals on time."

"Yah! You were the one who's giving me lots of paperwork. I'm not complaining, okay? I was just saying since you're blaming me for not taking my meals on time when it's actually your fault."

Mark snorted. "Okay, sorry sorry. Well, dad doesn't need it right away so let's have our lunch first."

"Yes, that's right. Hyung, don't you know that eating can make you productive?"

"I know~"

As the two headed to the company's cafeteria, they spotted Jaebum heading towards them with his head hanged low. It seemed like Jaebum was  also hooked up with work that he would be taking his lunch late, just like them.

"Jaebum hyung? Are you going to have your lunch as well?"

When Jaebum heard his name being called, he lifted his head and looked ahead where he saw Yugyeom and Jaebum standing in front of him.

"Aww, Yugyeom-ah. Yeah, I'm going to have it. How about you two?"

"We're going to have our lunch as well."

"Yes, Mark hyung is punishing me. He's giving me lots of paperwork."

Jaebum laughed at Yugyeom who's whining for having too much work load.

"I thought you said that you're not going to complain?" Mark snorted, remembering what Yugyeom said just a few moments ago. "Fine, I'll buy you a good lunch. Jaebum hyung, please join us."

"Yeah, sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark, Jaebum, and Yugyeom placed their food trays on the table before taking their seats. Yugyeom's eyes were sparkling while looking at the delicious food that Mark bought for them. 

"Waaah~ Mark hyung, if you're going to buy me delicious meals everyday then I won't complain anymore."

"I'll lose all my money as well."

Jaebum laughed at the two.

"So stinky." Yugyeom cutely pouted, then he looked at Jaebum sitting across him. "Jaebum hyung, are you busy at your department as well?"

"A little, but I'm almost done with everything. I'll be leaving the office early today, so I'm trying to finish all the paperwork right away."

"You're leaving early today? Why hyung? Is there something wrong at home?"

"No, everything is okay Mark. Youngjae asked me to help him buy something for Jinyoung's party tomorrow. You should come."

"Only Mark hyung? How about me, hyung?"

"You should also come, Yugyeom-ah."

"Yes!" Yugyeom was bobbing his head after receiving an invitation to the party.

"Is it Jinyoung's birthday?"

"No. It's like a welcome home party for Jinyoung."

"Ohh, I see."

"You should come. I know that you're not in good terms with Jinyoung, but I think it's time for the both of you to sit and talk."

"Right, Mark hyung." Yugyeom agreed while munching his food.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Party streamers, balloons, and banners were decorated at the living room as soon as Yugyeom and Mark arrived at Jaebum's house. Jackson and Bambam were there, busy decorating and helping Youngjae in cooking their food for the party.

Jaebum welcomed the two and let them sit at the living room while waiting for the food to be served on the table. The party wasn't really that big, it was just a small party intended for Jinyoung's family and close friends.

When everything was finally set, they all gathered at the dining area where lots of mouthwatering food were placed on the table. Jinyoung stood at the center while Jaebum and Youngjae stood beside him.

"To start off, I would like to thank you for coming to this small party that we prepared for Jinyoung. It's not his birthday today, but we want to host this celebration for him because finally, Jinyoung had freed himself from the darkness."

Jinyoung smiled at Youngjae's reason for doing that party. All he knew was that it was just a simple welcome home party for him. He didn't know that there was a deep meaning for it.

"For the past five years, Jinyoung was carrying a painful past. And it was the reason why he couldn't live his life like a normal person. But now that everything's finally over, we want to celebrate his new beginning."

Jackson and Bambam were so touched at the elders' message to their child that they both pout their lips, stopping themselves from shedding tears. 

"I told you not to do this party." Jinyoung cutely whined at the couple. "But anyway, I'm always thankful to the both of you." He opened his arms wide and hugged the two.

Bambam also scooted closer to his boyfriend and hugged him as well. Realizing that Bambam moved even closer to him, Jackson opened his arms and embraced his boyfriend while still staring at Jinyoung hugging his foster parents.

Mark, on the other hand, just stood there and looked at Jinyoung adoring Jaebum and Youngjae. Of course, Yugyeom glanced at Mark and he could see Mark's sad eyes. He could feel that Mark wanted to feel Jinyoung in his arms also but for Mark it was just impossible.

Before they would become too emotional, Youngjae pulled away from the hug and patted Jinyoung. He then smiled so wide and official announced that everyone could finally eat and try the food that he cooked with the help of the kids.

While having their dinner, they were having a conversation about a lot of things. They were laughing and sharing their opinion, but Jinyoung completely ignored Mark. Like Mark wasn't even their sitting right across from him. And this made Mark even sadder.

When the party was over, Jackson sent Bambam home while Mark and Yugyeom went home together as well. It was a little bit late already when Yugyeom and Mark reached home, but they saw Mr. Tuan still at the living room watching TV.

Mark let Yugyeom went to his room and take a rest first while he stayed at the living room with his father. "Dad, why are you still awake?"

"Nothing, son. Just I feel like wanting to watch a television."

For the first time in a while, Mark's father decided to watch a television. It made him happy seeing his father at that state. For the past years, he felt sad for his father who's struggling with their company. But now, he could say that his father wasn't in that situation anymore.

"How was the party anyway?"

"Ohh, it was good. Youngjae hyung cooked delicious meals and we enjoyed it."

"How about Jinyoung?"

"Jinyoung... he's doing fine and he's still recovering. His wound is slowly getting better."

"Good to hear that. How about you and him?"

"Hmm? J-jinyoung and I? What do you mean dad?"

His father let out a sigh. He grabbed the controller and turned off the television. Now, all of his attention was focused to his son. "I can still remember the look on Jinyoung's eyes after we were rescued. It's full of sadness and regret. Do you think that I didn't know? I may look like I'm busy with the company, but I always have my eyes on you."

Mark just stayed silent. He knew that. Yugyeom had told him before, so he wasn't surprised at all.

"I know that you ended your relationship with Jinyoung after you found out that he's a boy."

Well, he didn't know that. Mark widened his eyes as he looked at his father in disbelief. "Dad~"

"What? Don't look at me like that. If you want to ask on how and why, then I have my own sources. Okay? Now let's get back to you and Jinyoung. I already told you that I'm not against it. As long as you're happy, then I'm okay with it. What's taking you so long to get him back?"

"I-it's impossible to get him back, dad. I hurt him."

"Staying away from each other doesn't even prevent the two of you from hurting. It will only get worst."

"But staying away from each other will help us heal also."

For a while, Mr. Tuan looked at his son. He pursed his lips and slowly nodded his head. "If that's what you want, then don't ever regret your decision for not giving a try." He tapped his son's shoulder and stood up from his seat. "And also, I felt lonely living this house without you. How about moving back here, son? What do you think?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jinyoung!" Youngjae called the younger. Jaebum and him were getting ready to leave for work and since it's still their vacation, Jinyoung would be staying at home alone.

"Yes, hyung!" Jinyoung answered while taking the stairs going down to where the older was.

"Your breakfast is on the table. For your lunch, it's in the fridge just reheat it."

"Okay okay."

"Call me if there's something wrong."

"Eyy hyung~ Everything will be fine. It's over now, right?"

For the past 5 years, this was Youngjae's routine. Taking care of Jinyoung and making sure that he's safe while he and Jaebum would be at work. But it was changed. There's no need for him to get worried because there's no danger waiting for them anymore. 

Upon realizing the sudden changes, Youngjae smiled and slowly nodded his head. "Right, it's over now. Okay, we need to go. Don't forget to eat your meals on time."

"Yes, I will hyung."

 

 

 

 

 


After Jaebum and Youngjae left for work, Jinyoung was left inside the house all alone. To kill the boredom, he watched TV, read books, cleaned the house and cooked food. But when the afternoon came, Jinyoung surprisingly heard knocks on the door.

He frowned. It's not Jackson and Bambam because they were both busy with some stuff. He walked towards the door and held the door knob then slowly twisted it to open. When he finally saw the person behind that door, Jinyoung held his breath. He was avoiding that person ever since he was discharged from the hospital. And seeing that person in front of him, standing on his doorstep, Jinyoung didn't know how to react. 

"Jinyoung..." 

"Mark... w-what are you doing here?"

"Do you have time?"

"I'm busy." Jinyoung attempted to close the door, but Mark strongly held it.

"W-wait! Just for a few minutes. Please."

"What do you really want?" He asked annoyingly.

"I just think that... maybe it's time for us to talk and sort everything."

Jinyoung sighed. He thought that they were fimally over about it, but no, not yet. Mark just didn't want to give up. "I told you that we're already done talking about it."

"No, not yet!" Mark strongly disagreed. "I know I hurt you, but I was just really shock at that time. I couldn't think properly. I was... I didn't know what to do."

"You didn't know what to do that's why you didn't try to listen to me and decided to end everything... between us. Was that it?"

"And that was the biggest mistake that I did." Mark muttered softly, but his voice sounded like he did regret his actions before.

"It wasn't a mistake. It was meant to happen. Who would not declare a break up after finding out that your partner wasn't a real girl after all?"

"Me. I want to go back on that day and change everything. That's why I'm here. I want to fix something that I broke on that day. Our relationship."

Jinyoung couldn't utter any words. He did clearly hear everything. Mark wanted him back. "I'm not JinE anymore, Mark. The girl you used to love doesn't exist in this world."

"I didn't come here for JinE. I'm here for Jinyoung. I'm here for you."

He shook his head. "This isn't right. You should be with a girl, not a man."

"I like you, Jinyoung."

He breathed heavily as his tears started to gather in his eyes. "You like JinE, not me!" Jinyoung exclaimed.  "You were with JinE the whole time. How can you say that you like Jinyoung and not JinE? Don't try to fool me."

"I'm not trying to fool you, because that's the truth. I like you."

"Enough, Mark. Let's just stop hurting ourselves. Other than the pain that I have from my parents' death, I have this pain because of you. And I hate it. I was just fine before you came. But when our paths crossed, you're giving me so much pain that it became unbearable. So please, just leave me alone."

Jinyoung was so stubborn and Mark couldn't believe it. Now, he finally knew how it felt like when someone you love pushed you away from them. It's no difference from what he did to Jinyoung on that day.

"Am I really giving you so much pain?"

"Oh, so much."

With that answer, Mark sighed and looked away from Jinyoung. He wanted to cry. His tears were threatening to fall, but he's trying his best to stop it. "Then do you... really want me to leave?"

No. Of course not. Jinyoung wished that he could say those words to Mark. He loved the older so much but, he knew that they were both not meant to be together. He respected Mark's father because he was a good friend to his father and for him, repaying his good deeds in that way was just disappointing.

"Yes."

Jinyoung mustered all his courage to give that answer to Mark, and now that he finally let it out, he's crying internally.

"I see." Mark nodded his head. He plastered a small smile before he turned around, getting ready to leave. But he saw Jaebum and Youngjae a few steps from him. Judging from the look on their faces, the couple probably heard everything. 

Mark couldn't bring himself to greet the two, and so he left without any words. He went straight to his house to pack his stuff and leave the place. His decision was actually based on Jinyoung's answer. If Jinyoung forgave him, he would continue living that house. But since Jinyoung, wanted to officially end their relationship, there's no reason for him to stay in that place. It would only hurt him to see Jinyoung everyday.

Meanwhile, Jinyoung finally let his tears dropped from his eyes as soon as Mark left. He covered his face with his hands as he cried so hard. Jaebum and Youngjae rushed towards him and Youngjae pulled his son into a hug. While Jaebum caressed Jinyoung's back.

"Youngjae, I'll go see Mark."

"O-okay."

Jaebum then followed Mark in his house, Mark just left the door opened and so Jaebum entered without bothering himself to knock. Mark wasn't at the living room, so he headed upstairs where Mark's room was. And when Jaebum arrived there, he saw Mark getting his clothes from the cabinet and placed them on the bed. Mark was packing his clothes while sobbing.

"Why are you packing?" Jaebum asked in confusion.

"Hyung..." Mark mumbled after he turned around and saw the older.

"Are you leaving? Jinyoung just told you to leave him alone, not leave the house."

"I know, hyung." He sniffed. "Actually, dad asked me to stay with him. I was planning to stay here, if Jinyoung and I could fix our relationship. But, he already gave up. So there's no point of staying here."

"So, you actually like Jinyoung? You were with JinE. How can you like Jinyoung?"

"JinE was just the visual. But the one who's making me happy and my heart flutters was Jinyoung all along." Mark pursed his lips. "I realized that when Jinyoung was shot." He snorted at himself for realizing it later, and he continued packing his things. "All I want is to see him happy, not knowing that I'm giving him too much pain already."

"Mark..."

"Anyway, I'll just see you at the office hyung."

"And at school as well."

"No, I'm transferring school hyung, so you won't see me at the university anymore."

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sobbing. Jinyoung continued to sob even after Jaebum left to check on Mark. He was sitting on the couch with Youngjae after the older brought him to the living room. Youngjae was caressing his back and he continued to cry.

"You're crying like this after pushing him away. Aishh, you're really such a stubborn kid. Come here." The older opened his arms, wide enough for Jinyoung be fit. The younger scooted closer and hugged Youngjae. "Stop crying now."

 

 

Youngjae was still hugging, carressing the younger's back, and shushing him when Jaebum came back after seeing Mark. Upon seeing Jinyoung cry, he suddenly reminisced the time when Youngjae and him cried like that because their parents wanted to separate them. Seeing someone experiencing what he had been through, a feeling of sadness rushed over him.

"Oh! Jaebum hyung, you're here." Youngjae said after noticing Jaebum quietly standing at the door step. "How's Mark?"

For a while, Jaebum took that time to glanced at Youngjae and Jinyoung. He pursed his lips and sadly stated. "He's leaving."

"Huh?" The two said in unison.

"Like he's literally leaving. He's packing his stuff when I came over."

"But where is he going?"

"He said that he's going back home. He'll be transferring school as well. That house will be on the market after he leaves."

Both were shocked at what Jaebum said. The couple shifted their attention at Jinyoung who was just staring at a corner, probably spacing out.

"Are you really going to let him go like that?"

Jaebum's question made Jinyoung to lift his head and looked at him. "Hyung..."

"Maybe not today or not even tomorrow, but time will really come, that you're going to regret letting him go."

"Jaebum's right, Jinyoung."

"I don't want to get hurt anymore, hyung."

"It's part of loving. You don't really love someone if you don't get hurt." Jaebum strongly insisted.

"If you love each other, then be together. If not, then let go of each other. For the last time Jinyoung, let me ask you this. Do you love Mark? Or not?"

Instead of answering Youngjae's answer, Jinyoung just stayed silent. And because of this, he earned a sigh from the couple. Jinyoung pursed his lips and curled his hands into a fist before he stood up. Without a word, the younger stormed out of house.