An Ex

Love Me The Same

An annoying ringtone woke up Mark from his deep sleep. With his eyes half opened, he extended his arm to grabbed his phone on the night stand. When he checked his phone, it was his Dad calling him.

"Yes dad, good morning." Mark greeted as soon as he answered the phone.

"Good morning my son, did you just wake up?" 

Mark looked at his phone first, checking the time before answering his dad's question. "Ahm, yeah. I don't have early morning class."

He lied. Of course he has an early morning class and he's late now.

"Ohh I see. I called to ask you if you're free this Saturday. Can you come here? I just want to talk to you."

"Is this about our company?"

There was a long silence before his dad answered Mark honestly. "I don't want to bother you since you're studying. Our company is facing a problem son. I will tell you all the details this weekend."

"Okay dad, see you."

After Mark ended the phone call, he looked outside through his window. He can't help but to think about what his father told him before, that he's going to be the heir of GTC Group in the future. Now their company is facing a problem, he needs to help his father solve it.

 

"Park Ji Min. 3rd year, 173 cm, Major in Theater and Film. He's super hot girls, promise!" said a girl from Theater and Film Department. Her name is Nayeon. "I still have one! He is from California and he transfers here because of his family business. Hong Jisoo! 1st year, 177 cm, Major in Theater and Film. Everyone calls him Joshua, they said it's his English name."

"He's mine!" Jisoo claimed. "We have the same name, so just give him to me girls."

"Presenting from Marketing Management! Super cute Kim Tae Hyung, 2nd year, 177 cm and he's really funny and active." Irene said, a girl major in Marketing Management.

"My turn, I also have my bet. Super tall, handsome and hot guy, Kim Min Gyu, 2nd year, 187 cm, Major in Medicine" It was Seolhyun. 

"Ohhh~" Everyone said in an awe.

It's an all girls talk and this is what Jinyoung doesn't like. They're too noisy and only talk about the boys in their campus. If he could just disappear from this group, he already did it.

"He's perfect." Sana commented. "Right Jin.E?"

He was in his deep thoughts when the girls stared at him, trying to get his attention because he's obviously spacing out right in front of them. "Ahh... yeah... really great!"

"I think Jin.E is also thinking of his bet here in the campus." Nayeon said as she smiled. "Can you introduce him to us?"

"Ahm..." the girls leaned closer to him, getting ready to listen to the person that he thinks attractive. "Hmmm, Mark Tuan!"

"Huh?" Dahyun's face suddenly changed after hearing Mark's name. "Mark? You mean our classmate?"

Jinyoung smiled while nodding his head. "Mark Tuan, 2nd year, don't know how tall he is, International business. And..." He let out a creepy smile before he continued. "Arrogant, boastful, selfish, and a monster."

If they showered those boys with compliments, here's Jinyoung, saying something that is completely different from them. The girls stared at Jinyoung before bursting into a fit of laughter. They can't believe all the things that he said about Mark.

"You're so cool!" Irene complimented him. "Sana can't even say those things even after they broke up."

Wait what? They... broke up? They are couple?

He turned to looked at Sana who's still laughing. "You guys... were couple?"

"Yes, they were!" Jisoo in.

"Hey, she's asking me." She said it playfully before nodding her head at Jinyoung. "He was my boyfriend before but after a month we broke up."

Showing a worried face, Jinyoung just stayed silent as he waited for her to tell him more about it. He can't help but to feel pity for her. He can't say anything about it. How could that guy hurt a lovely girl like Sana. 

"It was all in the past, it has been a year since it happened. I'm fine now, no need to show me that face." She said, reassuring Jinyoung that she's really fine. "If you have a chance to get to know Mark, grab it. You'll be surprise. He's different."

"What makes it different when he hurt you just like what all men do?"

"Sana likes Mark so much." Seolhyun tried to explain everything to Jinyoung. "She did everything for them to be together. She succeeded but she saw that Mark is not happy with her, so she let him go."

 

 

The sky is painted with pink and orange, Jinyoung noticed as he stared at it while walking going home. Jaebum is busy with his job once again, so he needs to go home alone. What happened during lunch time suddenly crossed into his mind. He can't believe that Sana and Mark were couple and just acted like nothing happened in front of each other. Despite of having a broken heart inside, she can still smile like that. 

"She's so brave." He murmurs to himself.

"Who's brave?"

"Oh my god ghost!" Jinyoung accidentally fell the book he was holding when Mark suddenly speaks behind him. "What the hell, Mark!"

Mark giggled at his funny reaction. "Why you always get scared everytime you see me?" He bend down and picked up Jinyoung's book.

Jinyoung accepted it but he used it to hit Mark's arm then he threw it on his stomach. "Why shouldn't I get scared when you just suddenly appeared everywhere?!"

"I will not pick it up anymore."

"Then you're not a gentleman."

Mark sent him a glare before picking up the book for the second time. "I'll bring it... or else i'm going to break all my bones for picking this a thousand times."

"A book is not that heavy so I won't say thank you."

"You already said it, you're welcome." And he showed an annoying smile to Jinyoung which made Jinyoung's blood to boil.

He snatched his book from Mark then rolled his eyes at him. Mark chuckled at his cute action. They continued walking home together in silence and Jinyoung finds it very awkward. Since when did they started going home together?

Jinyoung glanced at Mark before he decided to break the silence. " You..."

"Hmmm?" Mark hummed as he looked at Jinyoung.

"Do... do you have a girlfriend?"

"Why you want to know? You like me?"

"Definitely not! I was just asking if you have!"

Mark let out a soft chuckled at Jinyoung's reaction. Teasing him is a real fun for him. " I don't have. I never had a girlfriend."

Why is he lying?

His face turned into a frown after Mark answered his question with a lie. " Why are you lying? I just found out that you were... you were Sana's ex-boyfriend."

What Jinyoung said, made him stopped from taking another step. His facial expression became blank. "Did she tell you about it?"

Jinyoung shook his head while pouting. "No, her friend accidentally spill it."

"I don't like her."

"But why did you deny her a while ago?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"Why?"

"She just claimed me as her boyfriend." Mark admitted, his voice got higher this time. "Will you include it in your relationship history if you were just forced to be with someone? I never treated her as my girl. Never. I didn't even know that we're already a couple. I don't remember that I confessed to her and ask her to be my girlfriend."

Even a single word didn't come out from Jinyoung while listening Mark's side. He shouldn't even asked about it. It's none of his business after all. Mark noticed that his voice got higher, he let out a deep breath then walks away, leaving Jinyoung behind.