Regret

Red Rose

The sky was murky and the rain didn't stop. Everybody was home. Nayeon was inside of her room. Bothered by the sound of the storm, she couldn't sleep. And bored, she decided to watch the heavy rain. The blur was covering the whole window. The little finger of the young girl touched the glass and then she started drawing on it. She was feeling a bit amused. She had that feeling of enjoying what she was doing. A big smile was placed on her tiny lips. Her head moved slightly to the other side. It's been a very long time since she last drawn something on the window. Nayeon was done and once she removed that finger of her, she started looking at her artistic work. After a few moments, she placed her hand on the window and wiped everything. She just wanted to sleep and to have a beautiful dream. But no, she couldn't. Suddenly, Nayeon heard the sound of something hitting the floor. She thought maybe Jackson dropped something while going to find food in the kitchen. "Jackson! Jackson!" No one responded. No one. The confused girl stepped out from her room and walked downstairs. Trying not to make any sound. The light suddenly switched off and she felt down. The vampire girl stopped and got scared when she felt bumping into someone. She stepped back and tried to go back upstairs but she told herself she shouldn't be scared. She should instead defend herself. But the problem was that the light was off and the strange person who was also in the same place as her wasn't clear. "Yah!!!!! Better go back to from where did you came!" After yelling in the middle of the dark, she ran towards the body she couldn't see. "Stop! Stop!" The victim complained. The voice was familiar. The light switched on and Nayeon could recognise the face of the person she was hitting. Her eyes grew wider. Embarassed, she didn't know what to say. "Since when do you practice Taekwondo?" The familiar girl stand up and crossed her arms. "Je....Jennie?!" The girl Nayeon called Jennie was no other than her friend. Nayeon was happy to see her again so she hugged her tightly and her eyes teared of joy and happiness. Jackson was the one who switched the light on and he was half sleeping. He fell over the floor after spelling the name of Jennie.
______________________________________
"How did you know that we were living here? " Nayeon asked.
"Well! It wasn't that difficult" Jennie took a sip from the cup of coffee Jackson offered.
"I always called you but you never gave me a response or called me back" Jennie didn't do it on purpose. She didn't call Nayeon because she was living a hard time. Nayeon didn't get mad about it.
"Girl! Many things happened after i joined those monsters!" She was surely mentioning Tao's gang of the bad and thirsty vampires.
"You was always right and I regret taking that choice. If only I've listened to you from the start. I wouldn't be able to see the cruel things Tao and his group did. Whenever, I saw that red colour of some blood coming from the neck of a victim, i felt guilty. Before joining them, I thought blood was the only thing that would make me feel safe but I was wrong as always. I could live without drinking it. I had to listen so that I won't be living depression. It was very hard to escape from there. I promised myself not to go back there. I'm sorry Nayeon! I'm sorry Jackson!" She was embarassed so she looked against the wall.
"Anybody can make faults! Don't blame yourself for nothing! We will be here for you no matter what!" Nayeon's sweet words made Jennie feel less bad.
Flashback.
On a sunny and beautiful day, tree friends played together. They were running. "I'm gonna be the first!" A blond boy shouted. 
"Pff! No way!" A brunette girl replied.
They all stopped after touching the wall they were supposed to touch.
"I'm first!" The blond boy was dancing because he won.
"No! We all touched it in usion!" The brunette told him.
"No! I'm the one who touched it before anyone else!"
"Bla bla bla! Just accept the reality Jackson WANG!"
"You're the one who has to accept the fact that I won against both of you. Jennie!" He pointed at her and then at the other girl with the darkest hair above them. Jennie rolled her eyes and was annoyed. The black haired girl just giggled at how funny and naughty her friends acted.
"Yo! Why are you giggling?" Jennie asked her friend in wonder.
"Nothing!" She tried to be serious but she couldn't handle it when Jennie gave her a confused look. Nayeon was laughing harder this time.
After walking between the woods, the tree friends stopped when an unexpected person appeared in front of them. "It's nice to see you again dear vampire brothers!" Nayeon and Jackson rolled their eyes when Tao spoke. Jennie didn't know who he was.
"What is it Tao?" Nayeon asked in a serious ton.
"Can't I greet my dear friends. Didn't you miss me? Oh! I can see another girl! Hey!" He got closer to Jennie. She was giving him the poker face.
"My name is Tao! What about you?" He offered his hand.
"Euh.....Jennie!" Her facial expressions didn't change.
"You're a vampire too. I'm so proud that our population is increasing. So since you are. Would you like to join us? I mean. Actually! I and some vampires made a group so that we'll help each other and live together"
Nayeon and Jackson faced Jennie and tried to convince her not to accept Tao's offer since they knew his true personality. Jennie was in a akward situation so she didn't response.
"I don't want an answer now. But make sure you take your decision as quick as possible" He put his hand on her arm and then left after winking at her.
______________________________________
"Oh no! You aren't serious!" Jackson told Jennie.
"What's the problem about it then? He seems to be nice" Jennie faced him.
"NICE?! Tao is nice? Wait! This sentence doesn't make sense. This is totally the opposite of him" Nayeon was laughing hardly.
"Why do you hate him this much?" Jennie wanted to know about the reason.
"Well! Because he drinks blood!"
"We're vampires Nayeon! We drink from blood"
"I agree. But just keep in mind that blood isn't that necessary for us. Imagine you see a cruel scene of blood coming from the neck of someone. Remember the day when one of those vampires bit you and made your blood going everywhere"
Jennie didn't want to listen. She was getting angry. She then stand up and yelled "Yes! That's true! But now that I became one of them, I should do the same thing they did to me to another person" Jackson and Nayeon were in shock. Jennie ran away. The next morning she was unfounded. 
Somewhere else.
"Welcome Jennie! Glad to see you again" Tao welcomed Jennie as she entered a huge house. She was feeling strange. Some vampires gave her a cold look and that frustated her.
"Would you be one of us and respect the rules?" He asked her after putting his hand on her shoulder and looking into her eyes.
"Ye....Ye...Yes!"
"Good decision! Let's all clap for her!" He suggested and the others did what he ordered.
"Jennie! Jennie! Jennie!" Jennie ' s pain disappeared. An evil smile formed on her lips and she shouted in response "YES! THAT'S ME! JENNIE KIM!"
End of the Flashback.