008

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will that work?” Krystal asks.

 

“Yes, just give it thirty minutes and next thing you know he’s passed out and snoring,” Soomin answers.

 

We’re inside the café, plotting how we’ll kidnap our own husbands. Yes, our own husbands. The rest of us are bummed about the fact that the guys are way too busy and doesn’t even have Sundays off now. We respect their time for work, but we’re convinced this is all too much now. Eri says it’s been going on for a month, which I hadn’t noticed until last week because I was busy myself. I wasn’t exactly thrilled to find out that there were about three days they didn’t leave the office. I’ll have to ask Sehun about that. It worries me how he gets way too much into work he tends to be at taking care of himself—which is one of the many things we share in common and I’m still debating whether to find that cute or annoying.

 

Earlier in the office, I wasn’t kidding when I said the guys looked like zombies. They aged for like a decade, bags under their eyes, eyes tired, and pale faces, but they still managed to look good. I also wasn’t kidding when I said my husband looked like a tired hot model. He is tired, but he also looks like a man who jumped out of a Burberry ad. I don’t know how he does it, but he’s really good at it.

 

“Okay, so Driver 1 is Soomin and I’m Driver 2, correct?” Ah Yeon asks as we all nod. We’ve all settled on giving the guys something to make them fall asleep and just drive them to the resort. We’re taking two separate vans because Eri says she hates congested places. Of course we’re following her because she got the passes.

 

“Alright, if I’m driving I’m going to need my husband in Ah Yeon’s van,” Soomin says.

 

“Why?” I ask her.

 

“Because if he wakes up in the middle of the drive and starts tripping I might hit him and it’ll spoil the trip,” Soomin bluntly responds and we blink at her and then we nod at her because the possibility of her arguing and possibly strangling her husband before we even get there is higher than the possibility of us pulling this off.

 

“Let’s not ride with our husbands instead to be fair,” Ah Yeon says and we all look at her, “So I’ll take Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo since I’ll be taking Hae and Krys,” She adds and I nod halfheartedly. I want to be in the same car as my husband but the chances of him waking up furious is also high so I’ll just ride where there’s no argument.

 

“And Soomin gets get Joonmyeon, Sehun and Jongin and me too,” Eri writes down our names on the napkin with two drawn columns on them, “I’m so excited about this. I’ve never kidnapped my husband before,” She giggles.

 

“One problem though,” Krystal says, “How do we carry the guys to the vehicle?” She looks at us and we all pull out our thinking faces, well, not really, but we start thinking, “And where do we meet up?”

 

Ah Yeon hums for a moment, “I guess we’ll just meet up at Eri’s because she’s pregnant and a pregnant girl gets everything her way,” Eri whacks Ah Yeon’s arm and we all laugh at her, “No but seriously, she can’t carry her husband and there’s no way we’re letting her drive because Kyungsoo will wake up and murder us all if we let Eri do that,”

 

We nod because Kyungsoo is very careful of Eri since he found out she was pregnant. Eri sighs at the plan. She’s not used to not doing things for herself because of her condition. We all know how much of an independent woman she was but now that she’s pregnant she’s not even allowed to drive her own car.

 

“I’ll ask Mr. Jo to help us carry the guys,” I tell them.

 

“Perfect!” Soomin claps enthusiastically, “So Krys, make sure you spend the night at Jongin’s on Thursday, alright?” She reminds and Krystal nods, a bit of worry washing over her face. We all agreed that Krystal should stay overnight before the morning we kidnap the guys because it would be easier for her to make him drink the coffee with the sleeping powder or whatever it is that Soomin puts in Baekhyun’s drink when the guy refuses to rest and sleep.

 

“And Hae will coordinate with the employees,” Ah Yeon looks at me, “You got that covered, right?” I nod. My role in this plan is to make sure the work they’re about to unconsciously leave—literally—will be taken cared of while we’re gone. Among us, I’m the one closest to the office employees mostly because I’ve worked there and even though I was too busy to visit, I’m still around the place more than any of the girls have.

 

“I’ll get a hold of their secretaries,” I say, “But don’t forget Thursday, alright?”

 

“Yeah, we’ll be there. Don’t forget to make conference room reservations,” I laugh at Eri when she says ‘conference room reservations’ and she rolls her eyes playfully, “I mean it. We’ll need the space if we’re contributing on the work,”

 

Soomin dramatically sighs, “More work,” She groans, “Do we really love them this much? I mean we can all just go and leave them here,” She jokes but her face is half serious. Soomin has always been like this and never the first to admit she loves her husband more than she actually says. She’s one to show her affection through arguments and sarcasm and Baekhyun is one to react—loudly—to all her words, which makes it entertaining to watch when they have these small arguments.

 

“I’m scared. What if they get mad?” Krystal asks with a worried expression.

 

“Trust me, they will get mad,” Ah Yeon says in her matter-of-factly tone and I give her a look. She shrugs and then looks at Krystal, “It’ll be fine. I’m sure they’ll thank us for kidnapping them when they realize how much fun they’ll be having,”

 

“Yeah. We’ll just throw on our bikinis and then ask for forgiveness,” Soomin says as we laugh.

 

“Meanwhile, I already have my special weapon,” Eri states proudly and we look at her, “I’m pregnant. Kyungsoo will never stay mad at me,” She shrugs as she rubs her huge belly.

 

“See, pregnant girls do get everything their way,” Ah Yeon chimes in as Eri whacks her arms again.

 

After a small chat, Eri goes back to work and Soomin takes Krystal to shop for swim wears. I like how everyone is confident we’re going to pull this off, probably because the guys will never suspect a thing. Sehun always drinks his morning coffee so I have no problem with that. While the rest are gone, Ah Yeon and I have decided to stay for a while and talk. She knows about me quitting my job, she was there when I told my boss I quit and she was the first to try to knock some sense into me. But right now, I really want to ask about her—about how she’s handling her relationship with her husband knowing the man is having an affair.

 

“How did he handle it?” Ah Yeon asks.

 

“He was furious. But we worked it out. We still have yet to talk about more of that later,” I tell her and she nods slowly, “Anyway, what about you? How’s it with you and Joonmyeon?”

 

She nearly scoffs, “Us?” She asks like the word is disgusting. Ah Yeon shakes her head and lets out a defeated sigh, “I tried talking to him about work, like how was New York, how was his flight and all that stuff but he just sounded distant when he was answering. And not just that,” She takes the paper bag she brought with her and places it on the table.

 

“What’s that?”

 

Ah Yeon pulls out a blazer, which I’m guessing is her husband’s. She tosses it to me and I give her a look, “Smell it,” I do a quick sniff and immediately smell a strawberry scent. I look up at Ah Yeon as she crosses her arms across her chest, “I doubt my husband would wear Estee Lauder,”

 

“Well…he could be?” I shrug at her. Ah Yeon gives me a look and I sigh, “What are you going to do?”

 

This time she’s the one shrugging, “I have no idea, Hae. I normally would leave a cheater, but…this is Joonmyeon, you know. He’s not just a cheating bastard, he’s my high school sweetheart, my college lover, my favorite corny person,” She sighs, looking at the blazer in my hands. Ah Yeon shakes her head and the tears from her eyes fall down. She wipes them away, “I don’t know what to do,” She puts both hands to cover her face as she sobs.

 

I immediately stand up from my seat and walk to her to give her a hug, “Maybe you should confront him about this,” I tell her as she continues to cry, “You two should talk it out and then both decide what you two would want to do with your relationship. It’s not just you in this marriage, Ah Yeon. He told his vows, too.”

 

She lets out a breath, “I don’t know if I can handle it. I just…I don’t think I can bear hearing him admit it,”

 

“But if you keep this to yourself, the gap between you two will only grow wider. You should talk to him now before your relationship goes beyond repair,” I say.

 

“Is it still worth repairing?” She asks and I’m dumbfounded.

 

I spent the afternoon with Ah Yeon, trying to take her mind off of things with her marriage. She’s being very brave although she claims she’s also being stupid. I can feel her frustration, how much she wants to know how to handle her situation, but she’s completely clueless. As of the moment, she doesn’t want to leave Joonmyeon. At least not yet, not without trying to mend their relationship although I know it would be hard on her part. A part of me believes Ah Yeon is trying to stay and not break because she’s blaming herself for what her husband is doing. She was way too busy to take care of him that Joonmyeon didn’t long for her anymore. But I don’t think that should be a reason to give up on your wife and cheat.

 

As promised, I arrived home before Sehun. It’s only six o’clock in the evening and I still have time to make dinner. I find the house a bit weird without Vivi around since he’s currently staying with Jinhee for a while. I check the cupboard and see what’s in it. I should really put a reminder to do some grocery shopping soon. We’re running out of stock. Pasta night, yes, good idea. Sehun’s going to love pasta after a long day at work. I make a mental note to thank my brother for teaching me good pasta recipes because it’s making my husband happy.

 

I miss the kitchen. It’s been a while since I’ve cooked dinner on a Sunday and is about to have dinner with my husband. I’m all giddy like I’m about to go on my first date w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter