010

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one is saying a word; the room is quiet as it fills of guilty hearts and conscience. I’m sitting on the couch, waiting for something, a word, a curse, a damn sound other than breathing. I look at the floor and hope it swallows me whole. I shouldn’t have done this. Haerin, what did you do?

 

“I don’t even know what to say to you,” Jongin starts off with hands crossed across his chest as the guys give us their piercing glares. We have successfully kidnapped them and we safely arrived in the beach resort about an hour ago—and yes, they have been awake for over half an hour now and we’re currently being grilled in Ah Yeon and Joonmyeon’s room. Clearly, they are upset.

 

“We thought it’d make you happy,” Soomin mutters.

 

“We’ve got deadlines, ever thought about that?” Baekhyun asks and Soomin glares back at him, which makes him stumble back as he puts Chanyeol in front of him as if the tall male is his shield from his own wife.

 

“Girls we had a load of stuff to do in the office and you just took us?” Joonmyeon asks, still trying to get his head wrapped in the situation, “I can’t believe this.” He says with a disappointing look on his face and even Ah Yeon cannot say anything.

 

“You could have asked us,” Kyungsoo sighs and shakes his head, “We can’t just leave work like this, we have projects and deadlines,”

 

“If we did would you have gone with us?” Eri looks at Kyungsoo and the man just lets out a breath and looks down on the floor. Eri looks at all of them, “We know you have deadlines and we know you can’t just leave work like this that’s why we made this happen,” Her tone is different—it’s clipped and disappointed and I can see Kyungsoo not able to look up at his own wife’s face, knowing Eri is right.

 

“We’re sorry, guys,” Krystal speaks up, fidgeting on her fingers as she looks directly at Jongin who is looking away, glaring at a distance, “We just wanted a fun weekend. You were all so busy and we just wanted you to ease up a little,”

 

Chanyeol crosses his hands over his chest, “I don’t really know why these dips are mad because this is honestly a good thing for us, I’m thankful you took me out,” He tells us as we all look up at him, blinking, “Now, if y’all aren’t done here, I’m gonna leave because I have no woman to be mad at so I’m gonna go swimming, peace out,” He walks out of the room and the guys all turn around in different directions to release their frustrated breaths and glare at something else.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun’s gaze is intent on me. I look up at the upset Sehun and he just briefly looks away as he lets out an exasperated sigh. I look at him apologetically and he lowers his head to look at the floor before looking back up at me.

 

“We should go back,” Jongin says and the girls and I panics. I frown over his statement.

 

“No,” Ah Yeon stands up, “Listen to me you ungrateful workaholics,” Everyone is silent, the guys are nonplussed and the girls and I stands up to back her up, “We planned this trip very well and there is no way we’re going back,”

 

Soomin crosses her arms across her chest, “So this is what you’re going to do—you will not talk about work, not even think about work and you will change into your swimsuits and you will have fun,” She looks over Krystal.

 

“You’re all not allowed to contact anyone, you’re practically dead in the city for the weekend so surrender your phones,” Krystal tells them and then looks at me as I reach my palm out to the guys.

 

“Hand them over, boys,” I tell them and they all look at us, trying to see if we’re actually serious and then they budge. They all reach out inside their pockets and hand me their phones.

 

“Anyone who disobeys will have to skinny-dip in the ocean at night and we’ll all be watching. Imagine the cold breeze and the cold waves hitting your ungrateful ,” Soomin adds as she glares at Baekhyun who just looks away and whistles.

 

“I swear you girls are in big trouble when we get back,” Jongin says, glaring at us as he places his phone in my hands.

 

“Yeah, well that isn’t until Sunday night so loosen up big boy,” Ah Yeon says and then points at the door, “Now go and change into something and we’ll see you outside,”

 

The boys sigh and drag their feet to the door while Joonmyeon leaves the room for a while as well, leaving all of us girls in the room. When Sehun shuts the door behind him, we all give each other a look with gleeful grins across our faces and we jump and scream at the success of our operation.

 

“Alright, now go leave, my husband needs to change,” Ah Yeon tells us and we all laugh. The girls start to leave the room but Ah Yeon asks me to stay for a bit. She tugs me towards their suitcase and hands me a paper bag, “Here,” She smiles at me.

 

“What’s this?” I ask her with an intrigued look as I take the bag. I look at the content and see a pair of bathing suit. It’s simple and it’s black, “Ah Yeon, you didn’t have to,”

 

“Don’t sweat it.” She tells me, “I was shopping for new ones and thought that’ll look good on you. I like the black bow in the middle, it has elegance and innocence to it—it fits you well,” My heart swells at her statement. Ah Yeon has never had a sister and she had always treated me like one. When we first me, we clicked because she had passion for script writing and I was into movies. It wasn’t at all hard for us to get along.

 

“Thank you,” I smile and hug her, knowing my action isn’t just for gratitude but also an apology. I can’t even look at her right now, knowing that I know something she doesn’t and it kills me to think that I have something that’ll break her heart more. We pull away from the hug and she looks at me all smiley and giggly. Ah Yeon’s been looking forward to this weekend because it’ll take her mind off of things and enjoy Joonmyeon’s presence. I look at her, trying to smile though I know my eyes are sadly gazing at her.

 

“We finally made the weekend happen. You and Sehun should make it up to each other,” She tells me and I nod at her, “Meanwhile, I’m going to see if I can still impress my husband. I bought too many bathing suits so I won’t run out of choices,” She laughs and I let out a weak one, feeling a sting on my chest.

 

Ah Yeon gives me a look and her smile slowly fades, “Hae, you okay?” She asks and I gulp.

 

Should I tell her?

 

“Can I come in now?” I hear Joonmyeon ask as he knocks on the door.

 

Ah Yeon looks over to the door and then sighs, “Do you want to talk about it?”

 

“No, it’s nothing. It was a long drive and the thing with the guys earlier almost stressed the hell out of me,” I tell her and my heart cracks. I have to go now, otherwise I’ll just break and ruin everything, “Anyway, I’ll see you later,”

 

I open the door and see the look on Joonmyeon’s face. He smiles at me and puts a hand on my shoulder, “Thank you for planning the weekend, Hae. I could really use some time with my wife and I know you and Sehun could use this too. Please thank the rest of the girls for me,”

 

I am suddenly reminded of what Sehun told me that Sunday night. Joonmyeon’s trying to make things right and I’m all torn up, thinking if I should keep it a secret from Ah Yeon. I look behind me and I see Ah Yeon happily laying out her bikinis on the bed with a happy smile on her face. She’s smiling like her husband didn’t have an affair, like her husband never knocked up another woman, like there wasn’t a life developing inside another woman’s womb that is her husband’s child with his mistress, she’s smiling because she doesn’t know any of that. All she is right now is excited to spend time with her husband. She’s not crying. She’s not thinking about Joonmyeon’s affair. She’s happy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter