007

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Sehun wakes up from a light kiss on the cheek and the smell of toast and bacon. When he flutters his eyes open, he is met with a view of his wife still in his shirt, but this time with a small yellow flower tucked on the space between and her nose. Her hair is tucked behind her ears and her face is bare but her cheeks bloomed so rosy and her eyes still twinkled like there were two stars in them and her smile was definitely brighter than the sun, or so Sehun would say. He immediately smiles, albeit lazily, at the sight of his beautiful wife, because damn if it isn’t the best thing that has happened to him right there in front of him. After admiring her, Sehun finally recognizes the tray of breakfast his wife had prepared for him.

 

“Good morning,” She mutters as she takes off the flower from her face, “This fell off from the vase,” She adds, looking at the small flower that is now in her hand.

 

Sehun lightly pushes himself up, his stomach still flat on the bed though. He keeps one eye open and the other squeezed shut, “Why do you have to look like a freaking goddess at—” He turns to the clock on his bedside table, “—9 o’clock in the morning?”

 

Haerin chuckles at her husband’s compliment, “Sweetie, flattery isn’t going to do you any favors. Joonmyeon just called and you’re supposed to be on your way to the office,”

 

“It’s Sunday,” He pouts as he scoots closer to her, resting his head on her thigh, “Tell him you won’t let me go to work because you missed me too much,”

 

Haerin laughs at his statement and runs her fingers through his hair, “I’d really want to keep you all to myself today but the meeting sounded very urgent. So get up and eat your breakfast and then get ready for your meeting,” It’s funny to Sehun how she tries to sound domineering sometimes because she just turns out cute when she tries to.

 

He looks up, “Okay, but will you shower with me later?”

 

Her face splits in two with a grin, “Wow. It’s only been a week, Sehun. How much could you have possibly missed me?”

 

“I’d say more than very much but then I think I’d rather be showing it than saying it,” He wags his brows as Haerin chuckles. Sehun sits up and kisses his wife, catching her off guard. He smirks at the small gasp she expelled. He always liked it when his wife is stunned with his actions. Her reaction is always the best when he hugs her by surprise, kisses her out of the blue and does sweet things when she least expects it. It’s very like him to do these things but Haerin still reacts like it’s always the first time Sehun would pull such.

 

Haerin breaks away from the kiss with a grin across her face, “Sehun eat your breakfast and get ready for work.”

 

“I will,” He whispers as he locks his lips with hers again and this time he pulls her to him, making Haerin strangling him, her legs on either side of his waist.

 

“Hey,” She says with Sehun’s mouth barely off of her own, “You really need to prepare for work, sweetie,” But neither of them actually stops from kissing. Haerin gently pushes his shoulders away but Sehun only pulls her towards him until his arms are hugging her waist.

 

“Sehun.” She whines but with a trace of a giggle.

 

Sehun pecks her lips repeatedly until they’re just feather kisses. He blows a sigh, “But I want to keep kissing you all day,” He pouts and buries his face on the crook of her neck, as Haerin chuckles and hug her husband, “It’s really been a while since I’ve got an entire day with you. This Sunday should’ve been it,” He mutters, his face still on her neck.

 

Haerin smiles and kisses his head. She gently pulls his face off of her neck and cups it with her hands, “How about I make you a deal?” She says as he gives her an inquisitive look, “Get your work done as you should and I promise I’ll be here when you get home,”

 

He then realizes that his wife actually really quit her job and this is the first Sunday in such a long time that she promised she’d be home before he is. Sehun looks at her in the eyes and search for any trace of sadness, but all there were was sincerity and a loving look. He can’t help but feel a pang of guilt, “Are you really sure about quitting your job?”

 

Haerin smiles, “Can we talk this out through dinner? Joonmyeon really sounded like he’d shave your head if you walk in late today,” Her answer makes Sehun frown at her and she just chuckles and kisses his nose, “I’m fine, Sehun. I’d rather have us talk about this when no work is waiting for you,”

 

He looks at her intently but Haerin shows no trace of anything for Sehun to worry about—which still worries him because Haerin could be getting good at masking her feelings. He sighs, knowing Haerin won’t be up for a talk if he still has work to do.

 

“Are you just staying home all day?” He asks as she shakes her head, “Where are you going?”

 

“I have to talk to my boss for the reassignment of the project. I’ll just hand down a few notes for the new director in charge of my supposed-project,” She tells him as Sehun nods slowly, “Don’t worry, I’ll be home before you get here. Way earlier, even,” She chuckles.

 

She had successfully made Sehun eat breakfast and they indeed took a shower together, and maybe did something a little more than that. The two took separate cars since their destinations are out of each other’s way. Haerin would be lying if she said she’s got a light heart. Of course it’s still a bit in pain after arguing last night. Making love doesn’t always wash away the pain entirely.

 

But Haerin doesn’t regret quitting; she knows it’s for the best. She knows she has to give it up because she’ll never stop if she knows it’s there. And trying to think of it, she’s already reached the peak of her career and stays afloat in the industry. So she doesn’t see anything wrong setting that aside to make way for something that needs fixing before it gets more damaged.

 

Although Haerin treasures her career, she still thinks Sehun is her top priority. She’s been setting him aside for a while and she fears one day he’ll get used to being set aside he won’t even bother to try be first anymore. Besides, she knows they’re financially stable. She’s got savings and Sehun makes more figures than she does, what’s a year or two off of work to prioritize having a family, right?

 

Right now, Haerin wants Sehun to feel what it’s like to have a wife to come home to and not one whom he has to wait for or sometimes miss in the morning. She wants to be there for him when he holds an event for the company, when he makes a speech, when he launches a new ad, and everything else. She wants to be there for him as much as she can now.

 

Haerin arrives and she passes by her desk where stacks of old script, drafts, and a few notes from her past projects lie. Her assistant Hyemin runs to her crying, “Director Kim, is it true you’re really leaving?” She cries as she hugs the Director.

 

She chuckles as she hugs Hyemin back and then pull her away with a smile across her face, “Hyemin. We can still see each other outside of work, you know that, right?”

 

The moping assistant nods, “Do you really have to go?”

 

Haerin nods and fixes Hyemin’s hair. Her assistant is the closest thing she’s had to a sister—well, at work, at least. She spends most of her working days with this gal and she has learned to look after her like her little sister and Haerin enjoyed that very much because she’s always the one treated like the baby when she’s around her husband or brother and pretty much all her friends. With Hyemin, Haerin gets to be the big sister, the older one who gets to call the shot and gets to give her pieces of advice when she’s troubled.

 

“Mr. Kwon and Director Ahn is waiting for you in the conference room with the new Director I’ll be assisting,” Hyemin says as she wipes her tears. Haerin ruffles her hair as they both go to the conference room where indeed her boss and her good friend in the industry was waiting with a new face along with them. The new director seems right about her age, her hair tied up neatly and glasses around her eyes. She’s dressed in a yellow shirt and black pants. There’s definitely a bit of a tomboy vibe from her style.

 

Haerin sees Mr. Kwon frowning upon seeing her but she just smiles at him, meanwhile, Director Ahn looks equally disappointed and saddened. She walks further inside and bows at the new director. Haerin stretches out a hand as she introduces herself, “I’m Oh Haerin. Nice to meet you…” She trails off, waiting for her to say her name.

 

“Nam Jisoo,” The new director says as she shakes hand with Haerin.

 

Haerin settles on the chair across Director Ahn and Next to Mr. Kwon, “Are you mad?” She asks, looking at the disappointed man next to her. She can only smile small after he gives her a despondent look. She has worked with and for this man ever since she started in the industry. Him and Director Ahn are two of the people she owes the opportunities to. If it weren’t for them, none of the world would see her potential. They’re the extra kick she had when things were rough.

 

Director Ahn sighs dejectedly, “Hae, why?”

 

“I need this.” Is all she says but her lips form into a small smile.

 

“A series, Hae. You wanted something as big as this. Every Thursday and Friday your show will air for months. Isn’t that part of the list?” Director Ahn asks, reminding Haerin of the list the two of them had written in an old receipt when they were in one of the shooting locations for a movie they’ve worked together in the past.

 

She lets out a breath and shrugs, “It was a selfish list,” Director Ahn is almost in the verge of crying when she continues to look at Haerin, “I need to focus on my life for a while,”

 

“Isn’t this your life?” Mr. Kwon suddenly asks, “I’ve seen you work and I’ve never looked at you do this like it was a job, Haerin. You’re certainly not doing this for the money, either,” He says.

 

Haerin’s head falls silent as she sighs, “I’m sorry, Mr. Kwon. I just really need to do this.”

 

“For your husband?” He asks.

 

“For myself.”

 

The meeting ends with Mr. Kwon and Director Ahn failing to make her stay. Not even a local project made Haerin change her mind. The two proceeds to talk to the new Director while Haerin excuses herself to clean up her desk. Everyone in the office seems to be saddened about the news. She is after all almost everyone’s favorite. Her colleagues have been nothing but nice to her and vice versa. In that office, Haerin has her second family. And it pains her to know that she’s flipping this chapter of her life so not to miss the chapters she’s supposed to be enjoying with her husband.

 

Haerin settles her stuff in a box, piling stacks of scripts, drafts in it. She opens the drawer and retrieves the photo albums her staff had given her as a gift in the past occasions, a collection of photos during filming, silly moments on set. She takes off the amount of Polaroid from her corkboard, a few small notes and reminders of meetings. She packs everything from papers to photos to small souvenirs in the box. Looking at the now filled box, Haerin bites her lower lip, her eyes filled with nothing but desolation. As sad as she is, she knows it’s the right thing to do.

 

“Director Kim,” She hears a sniffle and it’s Hyemin, in tears again as she holds something in her hands. Haerin can’t seem to make out what it is as it is wrapped in blue paper. She only smiles up at her, “I want you to have this.” Hyemin hands her the gift and Haerin opens it, only to find the keychain with a small stuffed bear hanging on it.

 

“You always forget where your damn keys are so I figured this should help you find them easily. Anything with a silly small bear on it, you know that’s it.” She adds.

 

“Hyemin,” She smiles at her, but a bit sadly as she spreads her arms open and her assistant immediately runs into her arms and hugs her, “You’re such a silly girl,” She cries, ruffling her hair through the hug.

 

“Thank you for being such an amazing boss and mentor, Director Kim,” Hyemin says, “And no, I’m never calling you Director Oh. Your husband can get mad if he wants to. You’re always Director Kim to me,” Haerin chuckles at her silly comment.

 

Haerin was out of her office by lunchtime. She decides to visit Sehun in the office and bring him some lunch. Knowing her husband, she’s very sure the man hasn’t even thought about looking at the clock. Settling for pizza, she drives to Two Moons. For some reasons, she’s excited to go see him in his workplace. After all, it’s been a while since she’s done this. Haerin steps in the marbled floors of the building as she enters the familiar lobby. She looks at reception and they greet her as Mrs. Oh this time and no longer Ms. Kim. There’s that nostalgic feeling, looking at the female employees sit behind their desks as they give out visitor’s passes to people. The memory of her internship days flashes in her head, getting a look of the silly, younger Haerin that she was.

 

She gets inside the lift along with a few employees. They’re all staring at her, at what she’s wearing, wondering why she isn’t in proper office attire and why she’d wear such laidback dress and open-toed sandals inside this building. She must have such guts to wear this inside this, they think. The older women keeps whispering about her, pointing out how the length of her dress is a few inches above her knees and how much legs she’s exposing—through, truthfully, the dress isn’t ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter