021

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s face was screaming with apology before I turned away. I knew in that moment; we would have something interesting to talk about later when we leave the office. As much as I didn’t want to be curious, I started to wonder why Lee Byul was here and how she had the courage to stand tall in front of Ah Yeon, knowing she was Joonmyeon’s wife.

Lee Byul had a lot of guts, I guess.

She’s even prettier than I expected her to be. She looks like a woman who have handled herself better than others and didn’t need a man by her side. I’m not going to deny that look made her y, unfortunately. Her dress that hugged her curves just as they were made to and her high heels, matched well with her curly black hair and she owned lips probably redder than a red rose.

She has the looks of a woman whom other woman would want to be. And I hate to admit, I was one of them.

“Who was that chic?” Ah Yeon asked the moment we entered Kyungsoo’s office. My heart skipped a beat upon her question. I was about to lie or tell her the truth and either way, I would hurt her feelings and that made me feel like a terrible friend.

I looked at her face as Kyungsoo stole her attention by taking out the new ring he got for his wife. Ah Yeon had that exciting smile on her face. She was telling us that Eri was so lucky and that it was such a beautiful ring. I haven’t seen her smile like this in a while. At least not since she found out her husband was cheating on her.

But they’re trying to fix their relationship and I can see how genuinely happy that made her.

So I decided to keep the truth from her.

I’m a terrible person.

“Wow, this is even bigger than the last one!” She exclaimed, still looking at the ring with awe, “Why did you get her a new ring though?”

“This was my grandmother’s. She told me to give it to Eri after she gives birth. My mother called it ‘a mother’s ring’, just thought it’d be perfect since my wife is practically a mother,”

Ah Yeon gushed, “Oh my god!”

“Do you think she’ll like it?”

“Are you kidding? She’s going to cry when she sees this,” Ah Yeon turned to me, “Right, Hae?”

“Of course. Eri’s going to be a sobbing mess,” As much as I wanted to sound ecstatic about it, my statement came out rather forced. I had a smile on but it didn’t play them good.

“Are you alright, Hae? Everything good?” If Ah Yeon didn’t stop smiling, I would be forced to walk out of the room before I burst out the truth and ruin the happiness she and Joonmyeon have going on.

Her smile made me feel guilty.

I shook hands with the woman which was her husband’s mistress.

Byul was pregnant with her husband and I never told her. I’ve known all this while and I didn’t tell her about it.

That made me feel like .

I was growing anxious from the guilt that was rushing through my entire system. I was doing it again, I was beating up myself, overthinking. The fault wasn’t on me. I’m not the one who cheated. But I knew about it and I played clueless. I avoided the situation, in fear that if I’ve gotten myself more involved then it would ruin my own marriage. Sehun and I have been on the rocks and let Byul come between us when we shouldn’t have.

Our marriage was tainted with doubts and it wasn’t the best feeling in the world. And because I didn’t like how that felt, I avoided this—the truth that I’ve long known.

I felt a twisting pain in my belly. I was having a minor cramp.

My baby.

“I’m sorry, I think I just need to step out for a while.” I told them as I placed a hand over my belly.

“Do you need help—”

“No, thank you. I’ve got this,”

My emotions are too strong, even my baby can feel it. This is why the doctor advised me to be careful with it. Stress could do harm to my baby and can lead to possibilities we’re trying to avoid.

I walked out of Kyungsoo’s office, controlling my breathing as the dragging, heavy feeling in my abdomen continues. The nearest comfort room was right outside the department and I intended to go there.

“Haerin!” I heard Ah Yeon yell behind me, but I proceeded to leave the department anyway and walked to the nearest comfort room.

As soon as I got inside, I leaned on the wall and continued breathing—deep inhales and loud exhales as I rubbed my belly.

Sorry, sweetie. Mommy was just too occupied. Please calm down, sweetie.

Cramps had always been a since my pregnancy started. It’s evil and it wouldn’t let me catch a break. Eunhee menti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter