019

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It turns out I can use the stairs on a regular basis. I can also drive but not longer than an hour. I’m also allowed to cook but nothing that would require too much moving in the kitchen. I’m basically allowed to move but minimal and Sehun is just being paranoid. It’s actually cute of him. I can understand why he is, though. After what happened, even though nobody knew—even me—that I was pregnant, I know Sehun is just trying to keep both me and our baby safe.

 

And speaking of keeping our baby safe, Sehun refuses to let me help set up. It’s not like I want to carry things around. I just want to be outside the back garden to make sure everything is where I want them to be. But no, Sehun wants me to stay inside the living room and sit down and watch TV or read the baby books he had already purchased last Wednesday. I sneak to the kitchen and watch from the door leading to the veranda so I can see them set up the whole place.

 

The tables are set with white mantels and a touch of gold. The chairs are white with gold ribbons behind its backrest. There are lots of people moving around, the catering service is also setting the buffet table and I don’t know where or how Sehun obtained the group of maids moving around and placing the plates we have reserved for special occasions. Everything is fancy, from the set up down to the last spoon people are going to use. I told Sehun I wanted a small gathering, he didn’t agree on it being simple.

 

My husband stands on the centre and looks at everything. He counts the table and his eyes lands on me. I give him a hesitant smile, hopefully he’ll let me stay here and watch, at the very least. He sighs and narrows a look at me. I walk outside, wearing my white high-low sheer dress, with a big smile on my face. He clicks his tongue, “Oh Haerin, what part of sit inside until everything’s done did you not understand?” He puts his hands on his waist.

 

I insert my arms inside the spaces of his arms and waist and hug his upper torso, “Everything about it,” I give him a chaste kiss on the lips and then turn around to look at everything from where I am, “Sweetie, that table is too close together. The kids are not going to have enough space to go through if they start running around,”

 

He sighs, “You actually considered that?”

 

“Yes, the twins are going to be around and also Minhyun, too. Plus, Jinhee’s sons are going with them too,” I tell him and then raise a hand to call the attention of the movers, “Excuse me,” I say and they look at me.

 

“Yes, Ma’am?”

 

“Can you please move those two tables a bit apart?” I say, pointing which tables they need to move and they comply, “Thank you!” And they go back to work.

 

I feel arms wrap around my waist and I tilt my head so he can rest his on my shoulder, “Are you nervous about tonight?” He asks me. It won’t be long until everyone starts arriving here. We told them everything will start at five o’clock and it’s already four in the afternoon. Soon enough they will all be here and soon enough they’ll know about my pregnancy.

 

“Nervous about telling them? No. Nervous Jaejoong might freak out? Kind of,” Sehun laughs at me. My brother has been supportive about my marriage. He knows well that I am very much married to my husband but being the good old protective brother that he is, he sees it like I’ve just been having sleepovers from the moment Sehun and I decided to move in together up to now that we’re married, “He still sort of thinks I’m a princess and a saint,” I add.

 

“We’re married. I’m pretty sure you being pregnant won’t be too hard to understand,” He says and then he touches my belly again, “I can’t wait to see this turn into a baby bump,” He mutters and I turn my head to look at him. He’s been saying this ever since we found out we’re having a baby and he’s growing cuter and cuter about it.

 

I kiss his cheek, “Me too,” I smile and observe him look down on my stomach while he rubs his hand on it, “I’m going to gain a lot of weight though. I’m going to look like a whale soon,” I sigh.

 

It’s not that looks really matters that much to me. I dressed like I gave up on life when I first saw my husband during that interview and I barely put make-up on. But the thought of looking less appealing than I already do and him with that which women often love to stare at, I think my insecurities will come and haunt me in the future as my pregnancy progresses. Eunhee, my sister-in-law and Jaejoong’s long time girlfriend never really cared about how she looked but when she was pregnant, she was a paranoid wife. Any woman my brother laid eyes on, she felt insecure. I don’t know if that’s normal and I’m not sure if that’s bound to happen to me, but I’m preparing myself for the worse.

 

“So?” He arches a brow and I respond with a look, “I’d be more worried if you wouldn’t gain any weight,”

 

“I’m going to be eating a lot, Sehun,”

 

“And that’s a dream come true for me. I’d love to see you eat more than you usually do. Why do you sound so worried about it?” He turns me to face him. Sehun cups my face and looks at me in the eyes and I feel my insides melt.

 

“I’m just…you know, worried about how I would look like I’m not already that less appealing,” I shrug and look down, trying to curse myself in the head for sounding pathetic.

 

My husband chuckles at me and lifts my face up so I can get a good look at his beautiful face and I’m left wondering just what good deed did I do in my past life to end up with a man like him, “That’s crazy. I’m married to the most beautiful woman on earth,”

 

“Really? You’re pulling a line on me?” I almost want to laugh at him for stating a line that sounds like a dialogue from a movie.

 

He chuckles, “Too sweet, yeah?” I nod at him and he chuckles, “I didn’t marry your looks. If it goes away then be it. I don’t think that’ll be good enough to take my eyes off of you,”

 

“You and your words, Oh Sehun. Unbelievable,” I shake my head with a ghost of a smile across my face. Sehun laughs at me and kisses the side of my head.

 

 

The guests are starting to arrive. My brother is the first to arrive with his wife and kids and of course mom and dad who are staying over with them than with us and Sehun. I greet them and give them a big hug when they finally step inside the house. The twins attack me first and Sehun is careful, making sure my stomach doesn’t get squeezed. I kiss their baby boy—Jaehyun—and hug Eunhee and Jaejoong. My dad immediately comes in for an embrace when my brother takes his arms off of me and my mom follows, with teary eyes.

 

“We missed you sweetheart.” She tells me, wrapping her arms around my body. When she pulls away, she cups my face and her forehead creases, “Honey, you look different…are you…” She trails off and I gulp. Okay, when people said mothers know best I didn’t expect mothers know when you’re pregnant.

 

It’s a good thing Sehun is keeping my brother and dad busy with a conversation about business and a few fishing plans. I just smile at my mother and she just smiles back. I know she gets it and she knows I’d prefer if she didn’t tell anyone just yet.

 

My husband walks with my dad, Eunhee and my mother walks together with the twins and the baby boy while my brother keeps an arm around me as we lead them to the garden where tables are all set-up. Once we step out, they all grow silent, looking quite stunned.

 

“When you said small gathering, I figured one table and barbecue. I guess I was wrong,” My brother says, eyeing at the buffet table with the servers standing behind it. He gives me a look, “I don’t recall it being your anniversary because ours go first before yours,” He arches a brow.

 

“What’s going on?” Eunhee asks and the doorbell rings.

 

“Just find a table, oppa. We’ll just attend to the other guests,” I give him a grin and pull away from him and grab my husband before my brother pries any further. When Sehun and I walks back inside the house, I squeeze his hand, “You just really had to set up everything way too extravagant, Oh Sehun. The set up is making them ask questions,”

 

“What more if we went with it my way?” He asks and I gasp as he opens the door, “Hey,” He greets Baekhyun, Soomin and little Minhyun who arrived with Chanyeol, apparently. They step inside and we greet each other with hugs and kisses.

 

“I thought you’re going with Kyungsoo?” I ask, pulling away from Chanyeol.

 

“They’re coming from a doctor’s appointment so I just went with Baek instead,” He answers me and then goes to Sehun to give him a shoulder bump or whatever kind of hug these boys do.

 

I suddenly feel a tug on my dress and I see Minhyun smiling up at me, “Hi, Minhyun,” I crouch so I can level with his height and he throws his small arms around me for a hug, “Aww, you’re such a sweetie,” I carry him and he instantly wraps his arms around me.

 

“Woah, hey there buddy.” Sehun says an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter