002

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how is it?” Haerin asks with a hopeful look on her face that Sehun is not about to disappoint once he tells her the taste of whatever she just cooked is…not how it’s supposed to taste. To be quite honest he can’t actually figure out what exactly it’s supposed to be. This is her first time cooking for him after their wedding. He is not about to disappoint his wife on her first kitchen endeavor. Sehun plasters a smile across his face and Haerin continues to grin so gleefully at him, “You like it?”

 

“I love it,” He can barely feel his tongue. Sehun just wants to eat something else but he continues to chew the beef that feels like a cardboard in his mouth, “You sure do know how to make extraordinary things,”

 

“Well, I am something, aren’t I?” She wags her eyebrows proudly at her husband and then turns to the counter to grab more food—if that’s what it is. Sehun finds this an opportunity to take a napkin and spit the meat out but unfortunately for him, she cooked more.

 

“Oh…” He says, looking at the…thing on the plate as he examines it. He’s not sure whether to be impressed that his wife can make food that doesn’t look like food because he hasn’t seen any human—not even ones who can’t cook—do something as…different…as she does. Sehun looks up at his wife and sees how enthusiastic she is about letting him taste it, “Looks yummy,” He chuckles as he takes the plate and puts it across him.

 

“Go on, try it,” She encouragingly says, looking at him with a watchful and hopeful eyes.

 

Sehun takes a deep breath and smiles at his wife, “You didn’t have to cook this much though babe,” He gulps.

 

“Of course I do. I’m your wife now. I get to be in charge of the kitchen,” She adds, making it sound a bit horrifying to Sehun’s ears no matter how sweet her voice actually is.

 

Sehun takes a spoonful of the whatever-it-was and the moment his palettes tastes the bursting awful flavor of the supposed edible thing in his mouth he just wants to curse but being the good husband that he is, he just smiles it off. He dares not to move his mouth and just keeps his fists balled, as one hand tightly holds the spoon. Haerin on the other hand seems to enjoy looking at her husband enjoy the food—at least pretending he was enjoying it.

 

“Is it good?” She asks enthusiastically.

 

“Mhm,” Sehun says as he holds up a thumb and smiles at his wife while his tongue is possible dying inside.

 

“Really, babe?” She asks with the warmest smile he had ever seen as he nods in response. Haerin grabs a napkin and hands it out to her husband, “Spit it out,” She says and Sehun quickly spits out the stuff in his mouth and groans as if in pain. As soon as he has collected his wits after the tragic taste test, he realizes he must have disappointed his wife after putting out the food she cooked in less than a second.

 

He immediately shoots her an apologetic look, “Babe-”

 

“It’s fine,” She smiles small and takes his hand, “I still don’t cook good so I should be the one apologizing. Sorry for making you eat that thing. I don’t even know what it’s supposed to be,” She sighs dejectedly and looks down on the ground.

 

“Come on, it wasn’t that bad,” Sehun says in attempt to cheer her up.

 

“Right, I bet you didn’t want to cut off your tongue after eating that,” She sarcastically responds.

 

“Well, not really cut it. More just like wash it off and wished that thing didn’t go near my mouth but not cut it,” He says, pulling her to him as she sits on his lap sideways with his long loving arms wrapped around her figure.

 

Haerin just chuckles at his response as she looks down on him, “How bad was it? And be a hundred percent honest, I’m your wife,”

 

“Remember the first time I let you try the ramyun ddang I made?”

 

“As bad as that?” Haerin gasps.

 

“No, worse than that,” He adds, earning a look from his wife. Sehun chuckles and kisses her cheek, “But it was an absolutely beautiful sight seeing you move around the kitchen. It’s very…wife material of you,”

 

“Thanks that makes me feel very…wifey,” She chuckles and looks at him, “But I’m really sorry I couldn’t cook you good food now. I’ll work on it I promise! I have spare time so I can probably stop by my brother’s restaurant after dinner shift and practice there,” She adds.

 

“Why not practice here?” He furrows his brows.

 

“Well because I have to let my brother and Changmin and probably everyone in the restaurant taste it for me. I should run it by them first if we don’t want your palette ruined before I could even make proper food,”

 

Sehun lets out a small laugh, “Babe, it’s fine by me. I’d be honored to do a taste test every time you cook,”

 

“But you spare my feelings all the time. I need a complete unbiased opinion,”

 

“I can do that. I can be unbiased,” Sehun says as Haerin gives him a look, “I can totally do it,”

 

“Really?” She asks as she crosses her arms and arches her brows, mocking her husband.

 

“Uh yeah. If you can’t recall, I was your boss. I can do it exactly like how Mr. Oh would roast Ms. Kim,” He says almost as if challenging Haerin. His wife looks amused as she smirks at him.

 

“Fine. Bring it on, Mr. Oh,”

 

One of the many traits she own that Sehun will never get tired of admiring over and over again is the fact that she’s always determined to do her best in everything she put her mind into. No matter how big the success she had achieved, Sehun still sees her aim higher and sees just how much she wants to improve herself. This girl just never runs out of determination and this is how he’s convinced his wife truly deserves all the success she’s getting. After all these years, he can look at her and see the intern that walked inside his office that day. After all these years, he can still count on her the way she said he could. Nostalgia washes over him, wondering what kind of good deed he happened to have done in the past that blessed him with such a woman like her to call his wife. Looking back at the moment she walked through the door, he had no idea his everything had stepped in.

 

 

Sehun just wants to burn everything on his desk right now. His father definitely wasn’t lying when he said being a company president has a lot more work than he thought. The old man has always been away and mostly for vacation, so Sehun thought being president means having it a bit easier only to find out that his father had someone else do the reading, run it by him and enjoy lots of beaches and ladies for himself. Sehun had thought about getting someone to do it, but being the workaholic that he is, he isn’t used to having someone do his job for him. Assistance would be good, but never a substitute.

 

A lady enters his office, holding his planner. It’s his secretary, Soojung, “Mr. Oh,”

 

“What is it?” He asks, frowning as he looks up at her. Soojung immediately traces her gaze away from him and looks down on his schedule for the day, “Umm, you have a meeting with the Kelly’s at five o’clock,” She reminds him as it is already nearing the said time for the meeting.

 

“I almost forgot about that, thanks Soojung,” He says.

 

“Oh and your stepsister is outside. Should I send her in?”

 

“Yes please,” Sehun smiles almost striking his secretary dead with it. Soojung almost tumbles out of the room as she gets Sehun’s stepsister to meet him. Not long enough, a tall lady with chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes enter the room. She resembles only a bit with Sehun because they only shared the features they both got from their mother but their aura sure is very much the same.

 

“Hi Bona,” Sehun greets his not-so-little sister with a smile and warm hug, “How are you?” He asks as he squeezes her in his embrace. Sehun knew he had a younger sister after her mother remarried Bona’s father—Adam Taylor—but had only met Bona when he came to New York to handle the new branch of Two Moons. His two-year stay in New York definitely helped them build their sibling relationship and are now closer than ever.

 

“I’m good. How about you?” She asks as they pull away from the hug and seat on the couch right across each other, “So I heard from mom you’re only here until Friday?”

 

“Yes, sorry I didn’t get to call you though.”

 

“Well that . I’m having a really cool party on Saturday and I was really hoping I could brag about my really good looking brother to all my college friends,” She adds with a light laugh as Sehun arches a brow and gives her a look, “What?”

 

“What did you do?”

 

“I needed a perfect example of a successful business man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter