013

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” Byul asks, nonplussed, “Sehun, what do you mean you want out?” Her voice is panicked.

 

“It means I want out. I can’t be of any help to you anymore. I tried, but it’s not doing Haerin any good. She comes first,” I tell her and Byul scowls at me, “You can keep the nanny and I can recommend a driver. But other than that, I’m out of the picture,” My offer seem to upset her as she scowls at me even more.

 

“So you’re just going to drop me like Joonmyeon?” She scoffs, “You two are exactly alike,” Byul talks as if I had done this to her and it’s annoying to hear when she makes it sound like that.

 

I shake my head, “He’s my best friend but I’m nothing like him. I don’t run around sniffing on other women and knocking them up,” I know my words hit a nerve and I want to feel sorry, but I don’t. Whatever she’s going through, she’s here because of her own doing. I can only respect her situation, but never her deed, “Speaking of Joonmyeon, I know you intend to raise the baby on your own, but as the father of the child he deserves to know,”

 

“No,” She replies sternly, “That’s for me to decide. I hope you respect that,” My lips press into a thin line and realize that whatever she decides on, she’ll go with it. That’s one of the things Joonmyeon has told me about her. Byul has always been that kind of woman.

 

Whatever Byul decides, that’s none of my business anymore. I’m pulling myself out of the situation completely. I genuinely wanted to help, I really didn’t want her to go through this on her own, but seeing how this had affected Haerin, I’m no longer going to be a part of this. I’m not going to be a part of something that will potentially destroy my wife. She’s my everything—about damn time I stop and show her that like I did before.

 

“Good luck on the whole pregnancy thing.” I tell her sincerely and she blows a sigh.

 

“Good luck with you and Haerin. I hope you two will make up soon,” She smiles small.

 

 

When I get home after work, no dinner is prepared on the table, no Haerin reading on the couch, no Haerin in the art room and no Haerin sitting up on the bed. I pull out my phone and dial her number but I’m put through voice mail immediately.

 

Hi, you’ve reached Oh Haerin. Please leave a message after the beep. However if you are my husband, I’ll call you back asap babe!

 

And then the beep comes. She hasn’t changed her voice mail. This is the same voice mail I’m greeted with whenever she was at work and too busy to answer my call. At the time it only takes her a while before she calls me back. For some reasons, she just knows when to pick up her phone.

 

My heart sinks and all I do is breathe through the line, “Hey, I just got back from work. It’s been really busy in the office,” I say and I wish she’d pick up and ask more about it like she would usually do. But I know that’s not happening now, “I also talked to Yellowstone. They asked about you, of course. They’re putting out a new collection this year and they want us to do the shoot again,” I add and I still wish she’d pick up but no, she doesn’t.

 

“I miss you, Hae. I’m really sorry,” I mutter, feeling my heart being pulled out of its place, “But take your time. I know I deserve this. I just want you to know I’ll be here, okay? I’ll wait.” And the line dies and so does my heart.

 

I sit on the bed, loosen my tie and open the first two buttons of my polo to let me breathe. A home without Haerin is just another empty house. This reminds me of when she’s always away because of her job. She used to go home four days a week, and in those four days she only spends a couple of hours at home and in those hours, she just sleeps mostly. I remember having to work on bed instead of inside the office because Haerin was home and it was a big deal for me, so I signed and read papers while she was snuggling next to me.

 

In mornings she has to go early, she makes coffee for me before going and even though I don’t get to see her face first thing in the morning, the small note and the cup of coffee makes up for it. Some nights she spend it all on filming and so we FaceTime through dinner. Other nights if I can push back work, I’ll visit her on set. She’d get all giggly and happy when I surprise her. Her thirty-minute breaks were a blessing to me. Talking inside the tent for thirty minutes and getting to see her loosen up relaxed me, too.

 

Haerin would always text me out of the blue, asking about my day, asking about Vivi. Sometimes she’d text me about the weirdest things, they didn’t even make any sense but it was genuine information. It’d make me laugh in my office, other times in the conference room whilst having a meeting—yes, I have done that maybe six times—and it would just make my day. We used to be all over each other even though we were away from one another. And now I see it.

 

We did change.

 

Most of all, she changed a lot. Haerin was a lot happier back then, she wasn’t paranoid, she was confident about us, about her love, she kept a smile on her face, nothing—not even a failed meal—brought her down. But now, my wife is just…scared. She’s scared to lose me, scared she isn’t doing anything right, scared she’s hurting me, scared I’m hurting her, scared that we’ll fade. And this is all on me. I did this to her. I was such an . I kept justifying my actions when I should’ve just stopped. I kept trying to do well, but I’m hurting her in the process.

 

I did this to her. I did this to us.

 

I lay in bed alone and I sleep alone. I deserve this.

 

 

“Hey, any news from her?” Joonmyeon asks me and I shake my head as I look at the papers, but really not get any of it into my goddamn preoccupied, worried head. It’s been three ing days and my wife is at taking care of herself. I sure do hope someone is reminding her to eat. I hope she isn’t sick. I hope someone puts a comforter over her when she falls asleep on the couch. I hope they remind her to go out and see something green. I don’t know if she’s okay. I don’t know if she’s laughing right now or if she’s stuck in a room, overthinking and no one is around to ing tell her not to do that to herself.

 

“Sehun,”

 

“What?” I snap at Baekhyun and everyone’s confused look on me sets me off. I let out a breath and run both my hands over my face, “I’m sorry,” I shake my head and turn my chair around as I loosen my tie and let myself breathe.

 

“How many days has it been?” I hear Chanyeol ask.

 

“This would be the fourth day, I think.” Joonmyeon answers him. It’s been four days? It feels like four years to me. It feels like I’m aging without my wife next to me.

 

“What did you two even fight about to separate like this?” Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter