018

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been four days since Haerin and I has gotten back from our little trip at Lake Atlas. Today, she decided to talk to Jongin already. I didn't push her to do it sooner because I know it's difficult on her part, too. It's Friday and Jongin hadn't come in so my wife decided to drive to his place instead. I focus on the meeting instead of wondering how their talk is going. I know my wife will tell me everything and I mentally prepare myself for the cries and rants to follow. Haerin loves Jongin like a brother and I know this would definitely affect her. Somehow, I feel guilty for making her talk to him. But I want to be honest to her, always. I have always known Jongin loved her. I've seen the way he looked at my wife. And that bothers the hell out of me. Not that I don't trust my wife to think that she would let anyone steal her from me. It bothers me because I know Jongin will continue to hurt. We may be jackasses around each other, but I love the guy. Before we hated each other, we got each other's back. I want him to wake up from his feelings before he gets hurt any further. And knowing my wife, I know Haerin wouldn't let this pass anymore. She tried. She knew Jongin had feelings for her, but she wanted to overlook it so to keep the friendship. But now that it's out in the open, there's just no way both of them could pretend.

 

“Mr. President, what do you think?”

 

I snap out of my reverie and I put my mind back to the meeting, “If that will get them to-”

 

“M-Mr. Oh!” Soojung barges in the room and everyone of us gives her a look. She bows at everyone before she hurries to my chair, “S-s-sir, Mr. Kai called. H-he said y-your wife is being rushed to the hospital.” My eyes widen and I immediately stand up from my seat. I see her holding my phone and I take it as I rush out of the conference room.

 

Joonmyeon follows me out of the room, “Sehun,” He calls but I don't respond and find myself running through the halls.

 

My heart thuds loudly inside my ribcage. What the happened to my wife? I want answers but the only way to get them is to go to the hospital. So I rush to the hospital, beat three red lights and overspeed. I clutch on the steering wheel, worried as hell. I try to call Jongin but he isn't answering. I toss my phone in the passenger seat and step on it.

 

When I get there, I immediately go to the nurse's desk, “I'm here for Oh Haerin. She was rushed here. Where is she?”

 

“May I know your relation with the patient?” Is she ing kidding me?

 

“I'm her husband. Where is she? Is she okay?” The nurse looks at the clipboard and takes her goddamn time. I open my mouth, about to yell the out of her.

 

“Sehun!” It's Krystal. Her face is damp and the panic in her face cannot go unnoticed.

 

I run to her and hold her shoulders, “Where's Haerin? Is she okay?”

 

“She's...okay. She's at Room 204,” I waste no second. I run past Krsytal but she catches my arm, “I'm sorry. Please tell her that,” I frown at her but I can't stay and contemplate what she means. My wife needs me, so I run to her room. I take the stairs, two steps at a time and rush through the hall. When I find the room, I immediately walk in and I see the doctor standing across the bed next to Jongin who has blood on his shirt.  My stomach drops. Why is there blood? . My eyes drifts to the lying body on the bed.

 

“Hae!” I exclaim as I run to her and she reaches a hand out. I take it and hug her. She cries the moment I hold her, “You're okay. Thank God you're okay. I'm here now, baby.” I whisper and kiss her hair.

 

“You must be her husband.” The doctor says and I stand up properly, but keep a good hold of my wife's hand. Jongin walks out of the room before one last look at Haerin and I. I don't chase him for answers. I would rather hear it from the doctor.

 

I use my other hand to offer him a handshake, “Yes, doc. Please tell me what happened to her. Is she going to be okay?”

 

“She and the baby's fine, Mr. Oh.” She and the baby? I feel my heart skip a beat as my mouth hangs open. I cannot force a word out as I stand in shock. The doctor laughs at us, “I take it that you also didn't know she's three and a half weeks pregnant.”

 

I dart a nonplussed look at Haerin who still has tears in her eyes. She squeezes my hand and I think my muscles must have gone jello. I fall on the bed next to my wife and listen carefully to the doctor, “What happened to her was almost a miscarriage. You see, the rate of miscarrying through the first four weeks of pregnancy is very high. Usually women miscarry even before they find out their pregnant. But you and your wife are lucky. She was brought here before it was too late,”

 

Baby.

 

My wife's pregnant.

 

She's carrying my baby.

 

She's pregnant.

 

I'm...I'm going to be a dad.

 

“Congratulations Mr. Oh, you're going to be a father,” The doctor smiles at us, “I will let you both gather your thoughts before we go further discuss her pregnancy. Your wife will be admitted for the night just to be safe. I will be back tomorrow morning. Congratulations again,”

 

“Thank you, doc.” I say and shake his hand again before he goes out. When I'm alone with Haerin, I sink on the bed, still stunned by the news. She's three and a half weeks pregnant? She almost miscarried? I'm going to be a father? My wife and I are going to be parents?

 

“Please say something,” Haerin mutters and I snap out of my own reverie and turn to look at her.

 

“I'm going to be a dad. I...I'm going to be a dad?” I try to gather my wits but the excitement and nervousness had mixed up really well that my head cannot function properly, “You and I...we're going to be parents...I...I'm going to be a dad and you're going to be a mommy…"

 

I hear her chuckle, “Yes, Sehun. You're going to be a dad and I'm going to be a mommy. We're going to have a baby, Sehun.”

 

A baby. We're going to have a baby. We're going to have a baby.

 

Haerin. Me. Baby.

 

Me. Baby. Haerin.

 

Baby. Haerin. Me.

 

“Hold on a sec, babe. I just. I have to do something.” I mutter as I take a deep breath and walk away from her.

 

“Babe, you okay?” She asks.

 

“Yeah baby. Just...I just need to...uh...I can't breathe. Just a minute sweetie,”

 

I put my hands on my waist and look down in attempt to slow down the pace of my breathing and rapid heartbeat. Holy . I'm going to be a father. I'm going to have a baby. Haerin is carrying my child. She's...pregnant. She's pregnant. She's...holy , she's pregnant. I open the door for some air and I walk out. My heart feels like it's about to burst. I try to hold it in. No, Sehun. Do not do it. Do not embarrass yourself or your wife.

 

But goddamn it.

 

“I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!” I yell through the hall and I get looks from everyone—nurses, patients, doctors. Yes, look at me everyone. I am going to be a daddy. I see most of them laugh and smile and clap their hands. Some of them are yelling their congrats from a distance and I run back inside the room. Before Haerin can speak, I claim her lips.

 

I hold her face, “I'm going to be a dad!” I tell her like she doesn't know. She laughs and I kiss her all over her face, “I'm going to be a dad! I'm going to be a dad!”

 

“Yes, Sehun. You are going to be a dad. The world gets it, sweetie,” She laughs as I continue to kiss her face, “God aren't you just excited,” She chuckles and then starts to whimper a bit. I immediately back away and widen my eyes in panic.

 

“Hae, are you okay?” The panic in my voice is obvious. I look down her stomach and look back at her, “I'll go get a doctor,”

 

“No. This is nothing. It's just a cramp. The doctor already warned me about this,” She smiles and I breathe again. Haerin touches my face and pinches my cheeks, “Sweetie, we still have lots to talk about with the doctor tomorrow. Please calm yourself down. I'm fine now,”

 

“Are you sure?” I ask and she nods. I scoot closer and hold her hand. When I look at her face, I notice the small purple bruise on the upper right of her head. I frown, “Hae, why do you have a bruise?” How the did a bruise get on my wife's face?

 

She squeezes my hand, “Krystal and I got into a misunderstanding and she pushed me. I...didn't know I was pregnant. I was going to take a test this weekend...but...but then I bled when I hit the fridge…I”

 

“She hurt you?!” My frown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter