005

Tomorrow (old ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haerin lets out a nervous breath as she fidgets on the cloth of her black dress. It’s her second movie’s premiere night and her husband promised her he’d be there to her on the red carpet because why wouldn’t she want the love of her life to be by her side on one of the most important event of her life? Sehun promised her he’d meet her earlier this afternoon to prepare for the evening, but he told her he’d meet her in the cinema instead. And now here she is, waiting inside the vehicle, taking her time waiting for him while the main cast of the movie makes their appearance on the red carpet and other celebrity guests attending the event.

 

She takes out her phone from her purse and decides to call him. After a few rings, she finally hears him pick up, “Hey, remember me?” She asks.

 

“Hi Mrs. Oh,” Sehun’s assistant speaks, startling Haerin as the crease on her forehead deepens.

 

“Where is he?” Haerin sighs.

 

“Mr. Oh is still in the conference room. But he has a message for you in case you call,” Haerin hears the lady rummage something on her desk as she tries to keep her composure and not feel upset, but her face just shows the disappointment, “Uh…he said ‘going to be late tonight, sorry. See you dinner, love you’ and a sad face at the end,”

 

Haerin doesn’t speak, feeling a small clench in her chest. He promised her. He said he’d clear out his Saturday schedule to attend her movie premiere. He promised he’d be the one to her through the red carpet and sit next to her through the entire movie and meet everyone in the dinner party after the movie.

 

“I’m really sorry, Mrs. Oh. The client went for an ambush meeting and President Oh couldn’t reject them because they’re trying to close a deal,” Sehun’s assistant adds and it only made Haerin create unpleasant words in her head to retaliate against the poor assistant.

 

“Thanks, Irene.” Haerin releases a breath and hangs up. She can’t help but feel disappointed. She told him about the event months before just so he can put it in his schedule but in the end she gets bumped off.

 

The car moves forward and security opens the car door for her, exposing her immediately to the thousands of cameras outside. Haerin plasters a smile across her face as she gets out of the vehicle. She bows and waves at the supporters and media people as her greeting and gratitude for their presence. Soon she steps on the red carpet and how she wishes Sehun was around to stand next to her, but no. She smiles and poses for the camera for a minute and immediately bows before leaving the carpet. She just couldn’t stand there all by herself, knowing she should’ve been with him.

 

Haerin walks through a bunch of reporters asking for the same questions and she attends to them with a small smile and a supposed happy face. Disappointment can’t consume her the entire night, she still has to keep her cool and be okay with her husband missing out. But then again, the moment she’s all by herself and no cameras are on her, the smile falls, the face changes and her aura darkens. She walks inside the cinema and is introduced by the host of the event.

 

She waves to the audience and plasters another forced smile as she meets the cast in front. Haerin greets them with a small hug and faces everyone to give them a smile, “Good evening, Director Kim,” The host says, “Tonight we’re seeing your second about-to-be-another-blockbuster-hit movie for the year. Do you have anything to say to our audience who is about to witness this film?”

She politely takes the mic the host had offered and speaks, “First of all I’d like to sincerely thank everyone for being here. Second, I’d like to congratulate my dear cast for doing such an amazing job throughout the whole filming process. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed doing it,”

 

The stars of the movie are then asked to say something to the audience as well before they are all sent up to their seats. On their way, Haerin sees her friend—Jongin—who is wearing his suit perfectly, making him look like the eligible bachelor that he is. He smiles at her proudly as he carries a bouquet of flowers in his arm.

 

“Hey,” Jongin says with an enthusiastic smile and then looks behind Haerin, “Where’s Sehun?” He asks.

 

“Work.” Haerin says as Jongin lets out a breath and a small smile, feeling bad for his friend, “It’s fine. But hey, you clean up nice,” She adds, looking down on his suit with a satisfied smile across her face.

 

“Thanks. Krystal picked it out for me,” He reponds as Haerin nods with an intriguing smile. Jongin rolls his eyes on her, “She just happens to own a boutique and their material is actually good,”

 

“Come on, admit it. You two are getting really serious,” Haerin smirks as Jongin rolls his eyes at her once again, “Anyway, speaking of Krystal, where is she? Is she coming?”

 

“Oh, she’s out of town but she wanted me to give you her congrats and this,” Jongin opens his arms widely with a huge smile across his face as Haerin chuckles and walks to his hug. He wraps his arms around her figure and squeezes her in an embrace. She rubs her hand on his back as Jongin smiles through the hug, “I’m sorry he can’t be here,” He mutters.

 

Haerin pulls away from the hug and sees the concern on Jongin’s face. One thing about him is that he isn’t one to let Haerin’s unsaid thoughts consume her. She can’t help but feel like having another brother in him and it makes her happy knowing that they still got that friendship after all these years.

 

“Thanks, Jongin,” She smiles warmly at him.

 

“So, my seat is two rows behind yours. I guess I’ll just see you after the movie?”

 

“Sehun’s seat is kind of empty. Do you want to sit there instead?” She asks.

 

Jongin smiles at her, “Sure,” and they both make their way to the seats, “I’m going to sit next to that hot actress, right?”

 

Haerin rolls her eyes, “Yes, Jongin,”

 

The movie starts but all Haerin could think of is her husband and the fact that he is missing this. She feels as though she has no right to demand so much of his presence because this movie is the reason their vacation got cut off and had to go back to their real lives after their honeymoon. But even though that was the case, she never missed any of his events; his important company galas and exclusive corporate gatherings because he wants her there and she promised to be around. But this is yet just another proof that the universe doesn’t always follow what they want. She truly understands that he has to stay in the office for work matters, but there’s that clenching in her chest caused by the disappointment she has been feeling.

 

After the film, everyone gives their round of applause for another movie well done. Haerin receives more praises and is congratulated by pretty much everyone. She gives her congrats to her fellow cast and as planned, they are all headed to the dinner party.

 

“That was a really good film Director Kim—I mean, Director Oh,” Jongin says as they make their way to the parking lot, “And hey, I’m sure that’s what Sehun would say if he got to watch it, too,” He adds as Haerin lets out a breath.

 

“You think so?” She looks up at him and Jongin is caught of guard.

 

He chuckles, “I know so. So don’t be so bummed, alright? He’ll always be proud of you,” Jongin says with a smile on his face, in his attempt to cheer up the disappointed Haerin, “We all are,” Haerin smiles up at him.

 

“Thanks, Jongin. It really means a lot that you’re here,” She says, looking up at him with a sincere smile.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter