Chapter 43

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 43

 

It has been confirmed. Doctor Lee as our Sheep's paediatrician has confirmed that our Sheep are having jaundice. I was too worried when Doctor Lee informed us about the twins need to be hospitalized but he assured me it is common among babies. It can be cured according to him. Well I must say it is tiring. Having both infants and a wife hospitalized at the same time is tiring me out. The hospital has become my second house. My wife has yet to show any signs of waking up soon.

Now that our Sheep are hospitalized, I mostly spend my day at the hospital and even tell our mothers that I will take the night duty so that they can rest at night. Even though I do my work at the hospital, I cannot always let Chanyeol handles everything at the office. I will go to the office in the morning as soon as our mothers arrive at the hospital. I will visit our Sheep and after bidding goodbye to my wife telling them I will come back as soon as possible.

"How's Dabin and the twins ? Any improvement ?" Chanyeol asks as soon as he lands his on the chair in front of me. He knows I was from the hospital. I switch on my laptop before I look at him.

"The twins are doing great. They are recovering while Dabin, she is still the same." I tell Chanyeol while hanging my coat. I heave a sigh as I sit down making Chanyeol looks at me.

"It must be tiring for you. From hospital to the office." He mutters while playing with his pen. I give him a light smile before I speak.

"It is a lie if I say I am not. To be honest, it is super tiring but I need to be strong as Dabin and my twins. They are recovering and I believe Dabin will wake up soon." It has been three days since our Sheep were hospitalized and according to our paed, the jaundice level is going back to normal level compared to the night I brought them to hospital. The reading was quite high.

"Dabin is such a strong girl. We all believe she will wake up soon. We are with you, Xing." 

I smile when hearing to Chanyeol and mouth 'thanks'. Seriously Chanyeol is one of the best friends I have ever had. Our friends actually went to the hospital bringing all balloons to celebrate the labor of our Sheep but it was gloomy when they were informed about Dabin's condition. The girls always come to the hospital in between their lunch hour just to visit my wife and I cannot help but to feel glad having friends like them.

"So, how about the progress of our new tender ? Is everything good ?" I ask earning a confirmation nod from Chanyeol. For the past few weeks, we have been working on a new tender and to be honest it is a huge project.

"We are schedule to submit our tender next Wednesday."

 

****

 

It is 2 pm in the afternoon and I just came back from meeting my client. I make a stop at one of the florists on my way to the hospital. I forgot that I did not change the flower in the vase this morning before going to office. After choosing the flowers for my wife, I drive to the hospital. In 5 minutes, I already arrived at the basement and I parked my car nearby the elevator.

Taking out the fresh flowers with me, I then make my way to the elevator and I am a little bit hesitate which floor should I visit first. The paediatric ward is below the maternity ward.

"Let's visit Sheep first." I muffle and press the 5th floor. As soon as I arrive at the 5th floor, all the nurses look at me with smiles and I wonder why. Do they try to flirt with me ? I know I look like a hottest daddy but do they know that I have a scary wife ? Dabin will look at them like she will eat them if she finds out that those nurses try to flirt with me. 

I stop at the counter and place the bouquet of the roses on top of the counter making one of the nurses squealing. Oh God. Don't tell me she thinks that this bouquet of roses is for her ? 

"Can you keep this for a while ? This is for my wife by the way. I am going to check my babies." I say making she loses her smile. Oh great. She does think that these roses are for her. 

"Sure, Mr. Zhang."

Entering the room, my lips forms a smile when seeing our Sheep are placed under a special lamp. It is called a phototherapy. The lamp color is blue color and they only wear their diapers and protective eye patches. 

According to Doctor Lee, the aim of the phototherapy is to expose our Sheep' skin to as much light as possible. It has schedule by the way. It means our mothers and I have time to hold them while they are under phototherapy. The phototherapy will usually stop for 30 minutes every 3 to 4 hours so that I can feed our Sheep, change their diapers or simply give them a cuddle.

"How are they ?" I ask one of the nurses when she signals to me that I can hold them for a while. I take my baby boy first and carefully open the eye patch. As soon as our eyes meet, I give my boy a smile and he gives me a little smile. 

"They are good and their jaundice level reading shows an improvement." She tells me before excusing herself so that I can have moments with our Sheep.

I kiss him and cuddle him closer to my chest so that he will not feel too cold. While holding my boy and giving my baby boy his milk, I keep checking on my only baby girl who is still sleeping. I am glad that she is still sleeping while her brother is having his milk session. I cannot feed two babies at the same time. 

"Are you done hmm ?" I ask my baby boy and put his bottle of milk on the table next to us before I turn him around so that I can burp him out. It does not take a long time for my boy to burp when he is the easiest baby compared to his sister. My baby girl usually takes a while for her to burp after drinking milk. I always enjoy burping them out after giving them milk. It is satisfying. Well for me.

I rock him for a while to make him sleep again and as soon as he sleeps, I stand up and put him back in the previous place before I take my baby girl. I let out of chuckles when she does not even bother to open up her eyes as soon as I lift up the eye patch. She is still sleeping peacefully.

"Princess, wake up hmm." I call my baby girl as I rub her milky cheeks with the back of my fingers and she tries to open her eyes but she closes it back. Probably feeling strange when seeing the light. I continue caressing her cheeks until she finally opens her eyes up.

"Are you hungry, Princess ?"

 

It takes one hour for me to be in paediatric ward and I bid them a goodbye when a nurse on duty helps me to put them back on their bed for the phototheraphy session. Taking the bouquet of the roses from the nurse at the front counter, I then make my way to the elevator and press my wife's ward level. Since it is only 3.48 pm in the evening, my mother and my mother in law must be there. 

Just like at the paediatric ward, every nurse at the maternity ward also look at me in smiles. A big smile. Should I stop being handsome ? Oh gosh. I onnly give them a light smile in return even I do not have any ideas why. Do not get me wrong. They are the people who take care of my wife and my babies. I do not forget to thank them everytime they help me.

I take a deep breathe as soon as I arrive in front of my wife's room and carefully swung open the door. I do not want to disturb our mothers. They are probably taking a nap and it might wake them up. I then close the door back and walk to where my wife is. I barely hear our mothers' voices and as soon as I arrive, I do not expect to see this situation. I stop walking and freeze in my spot when seeing them. My mother, my mother in law and my wife.

Yes. I know. Of course my wife will be there. I am seeing my wife right now. In front of my eyes. She is sitting on the bed while looking at me with her smile. It has been a long time since I saw her smile. Even though she looks pale but she never fails to give me a beautiful smile.

"Yixing, what are you doing ? Come here." My mother in law calls me when she sees I still freeze in my spot. Is this reality ?

"Is he shocked or w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter