Chapter 31

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

 

"Are you fetching me or not ?"

 

Dabin sends a text message to her husband. He usually will inform her an hour before he comes to her office. But today, it is already 5 in the evening still she does not get his calls and his messages. She puts down her phone on her table and continues doing her work as she is waiting for his reply. When half an hour passes without getting any calls and any messages, Dabin decides to give him a call. It is ringing and she is waiting for the call to be picked up. She furrows her forehead when she was connected to an operator. She keeps trying but an operator greets her after ringing. 

Dabin finally calls Chanyeol since that guy might know the whereabouts of her husband. She sighs in relief when Chanyeol picks up his phone after several rings.

"Yeol! Is Yixing there ?"

"Is he fine ?" Dabin asks in a worried tone while bitting her lower lips. 

"It is okay.. Thanks, Yeol.."

 

*****

 

Entering their house password, Dabin pushes the door and a view of her husband sleeping on the couch with a thick blanket welcomes her. She closes the door and walkes to the couch to check on her husband's condition. He rarely falls sick. It makes her worried so much after Chanyeol told her Yixing went home earlier and he took an MC. Dabin touches her husband's forehead and furrows her forehead when feeling the hotness. She turns her head to look at the coffee table to check on the medicines he got from the clinic before making her way to the kitchen.

She takes a medium basin filling it with water and soaks a small towel into the basin. Dabin then brings the basin to her husband and she sits on the floor while squeezing the towel before she starts to wipe on Yixing's forehead. Her mother always does this whenever she is sick. His temperature is too high to the point he does not even move when the wet towel contacted with his skin. 

Yixing squirms in his sleep and opens his eyes up when something hits him. He wakes up taking his phone as well that is placed on the coffee table and is about to curse when seeing few missed calls and a message from his wife. The clock shows 6.33 pm in the evening. Dang! He is late. Just Yixing is about to stand up, he turns around when he hears a sound coming from the kitchen. 

He walks to the kitchen while punching his head a little bit because of the headache. His shoulders fall down as soon as he sees his wife is cooking. She is cooking with her work clothes. He feels so bad of letting his pregnant wife went home by herself and now she is cooking. Great Zhang Yixing. 

"Are you fine, Bei ?" Dabin asks her husband when she notices him in the kitchen. She wipes her hand with a kitchen towel and makes her way to Yixing who is standing next to the kitchen counter. She touches his forehead and glads it is not that hot. Well it is still hot but not hot like before.

It has been a long time since he heard his wife calling him Bei. Ever since she gave him a silent treatment, this is the first time she calls him with that nickname. He wants to cry. Call him a cry baby, he does not care.

"I am sorry.." Yixing muffles with his scared expression as soon as his wife arrives in front of him. 

"It is okay.. I took subway to our house.. ohh.. I cooked samgyetang for you.. 'cause you're sick.." Dabin tells him making Yixing's eyes dart to the kitchen stove. She is preparing their dinner and it is almost done. 

"I will take care of this.. You go rest.." Yixing hugs his wife's shoulder and takes her jacket together with her handbag to bring her to their shared bedroom. 

"But, you're sick.." She tries to protest but Yixing is fast enough to pulls her by the shoulder.

"But, you're pregnant.." 

 

***

Yixing enters their shared bedroom only to be welcomed by the sight of his wife sleeping on the bed. Earlier, he washed the dishes and told his wife to rest. It was like only a few minutes and here she is. Already sleeping. He walks to the bathroom to brush his teeth before joining Dabin on the bed. He presses his lips into a thin line seeing his wife sleeping. He does not dare to touch her as he is afraid he might be pushed. Yixing is confused too. She greeted him earlier like there's nothing happened but gave him a silent treatment during their dinner.

He switches off the light and pulls the duvet to cover Dabin from the coldness before kissing her head and her forehead before his lips move to her baby bump not forgetting to kiss their babies as well. Yixing always waits for his wife to sleep first and he would secretly kiss her as well as their babies. There's a time where he talks to their babies while his wife's baby bump.He just loves doing it. He finds it is too awkward of not hugging his wife like they used too and tries to close his eyes to put him into sleep. He then opens his eyes up when feeling a movement from his wife and a hand suddenly is wrapping around his waist.

It is dark inside their room but thanks to the light of the moon, Yixing can see the stares given by his wife. They are looking at each other without saying anything. He misses Dabin so much and also her hugs. They both love skinship and everyday, hugs and kisses are the things they always do. It is a must. Without Yixing realizes, he pulls Dabin for a hug too.

"Aren't you sleeping ?" He asks while one of his hands resting on Dabin's hip, caresses it. He stretches his hand making Dabin lifts her head and puts her head on top of it.

"N-Nope.."

"I miss you.." Yixing muffles as he brushes his wife's hair making Dabin to pull away from the hug with a chuckle.

"I am here.. Everyday.. We see each other everyday.."

"I know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter