Chapter 41

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 41

 

"Baby." 

I call my wife and patiently wait for her to open her eyes. She has her face frowned probably feeling hurt. Our working hours had just ended and now we are in our car as I have our car parked in the parking area of a supermarket. Because tomorrow is weekend, I need to buy grocery. We always buy grocery every Friday before heading back home. 

"Do you want to stay in the car ? I will be quick." I say leaning my body closer to her. I raise my eyebrows when she looks at me with a smile. She grabs my hand as long as her sling bag as if she wants to go out.

"Let's go together."

"You can stay here if you feel tired. I will be super quick. Promise." I tell her only to earn a laugh from my wife while holding her baby bump. 

"You and your quick. You might end up standing for hours in front of the snack section." She says with laughs and I have a frown on my face. She always makes fun of me. It cannot be helped though. I tend to buy more snacks because we always have our movie session every Friday and weekends. 

"Let's go." My wife pats me on my thigh. I look at her in worry. My wife is actually overdue. Her due date supposed to be last week on 26th but she has yet to give birth. We were told by our doctor it is normal for the first born.

Our doctor gave us time for another one week. If she did not feel anything, she might end up going for caesarean. She looked worried when our doctor told about the caesarean. We have tried many ways just to induce her labor but still it takes time. 

We did all the natural ways to induce labor including having regularly. It is one of the ways to help inducing the labor. Also, she just can stay at home while waiting for the time to deliver our Sheep but she insists on working.

It might help her to dilate faster because I know she does not want to go for caesarean. I will only follow her decision. As long as it does not hurt her, I will be fine. I guess neither the options will help though.

I have my wife's hand wrapping around my arms as we stroll around the supermarket. She wants to eat pasta tonight and I want to cook pasta for my wife and our Sheep.

I have been cooking a lot ever since we got married. I also cooked for our lunch box everyday and for our snacks. We just can eat outside after picking up my wife from her office but we love home cooked.

I love cooking and now that my wife is pregnant. It makes me want to cook all the time for her. I want my wife and our Sheep to eat healthy food.

We spent a half an hour buying groceries and within five minutes, we then reached our apartment. We bought quite a lot and it will make two trips to bring the groceries to our unit.

"It is okay. Let me bring some." My wife says and is about to hold a few bags until I stop her. 

"It is okay. I will bring later." I tell her but she insists on wanting to help me. 

"I can hold the light ones. Come on." 

In the end, I let her carry a bag. A light one just because she insisted to. I did not want us to waste time arguing about wanting to carry the groceries.

"I promise I will work hard to buy a decent house for you and our Sheep." I tell my wife as we wait the elevator to reach our level. She wraps her hand around my arm and looks at me with her smile plastered on her face.

"This apartment is fine though. It's perfect for us." She says, rubbing her hand on my arm. 

"I want our kids to grow up in a decent house and we do not need to go to our car repeatedly just to bring the groceries to our apartment." I exclaim and lean down so that my lips can capture her lips. I want to buy a big house with a spacious home yard for our kids to play.

"Sure. One day you will buy it for our Sheep. You and our Sheep will be living in that big house." She says pressing my arm and pokes my nose only to earn a frown from me. 

"You too. Mommy, Daddy and Sheep will be living in a big house soon." I correct her and she just gives me her smiles not caring to reply to my words. 

We then reach our unit level and I need to remind my wife to keep holding me. If you look at her, she looks like she does not even have an energy to walk.

"You can shower first, baby. I will join you in the shower after boiling the pasta." I inform my wife as I place the groceries on the table making my wife does the same. 

Holding her hand, I then bring my wife to our bedroom even though she keeps whining 'no need to'. Back to the kitchen, I start boiling the pasta and it will not take a long time for the pasta to be soften after we washed up. It will save our time.

"Yes! Coming, baby!" I answer, run to our bedroom when I hear my wife is calling me. She probably feels irritate that I took such a long time in the kitchen. I was planning to chop an onion after boiling the pasta but the plan was changed when she yelled. Oh yes. I am scared of my wife.

"Aigoo my baby." I say happily and earn a slap on my abs as I help my wife to wear my black wife beater after we showered. She has been wearing all my clothes ever since she entered her second trimester as my clothes are bigger than her and it makes her comfortable. To be honest, I love seeing my wife wearing my clothes. All of them look y on her body.

"May I help you ?" My wife asks as soon as she enters the kitchen. I am glad that the pasta was not overcooked. Just nice. As expected from a Chef Zhang. -.-

"Maybe you can help me by resting in the living room, baby ? It is okay. I will be quick." I look at her with a wink while sauteing the onion to make the sauce. I smile widely when I feel a pair of hands are wrapping around my torso but what makes me laugh is because of our Sheep. Her baby bump. 

"It is so hard to backhug you now." My wife muffles and laugh. Backhugging me is one her favorite things that she loves to do. She will give me a backhug whenever I am cooking and I do the same if she was cooking. 

"Just a few weeks more and no more baby bump." I say making my wife pulls away from hugging me and I turn around just to check on her. Oh no. Did I say something wrong ? She lost all her smiles that she gave earlier.

"Can Our Sheep stay forever in my tummy ?" She asks me and I do not know how to react. 

"Uh baby. You know that --" 

"Yes I know. It is impossible to carry our Sheep forever. But I might miss feeling their presence in my tummy. You do not understand how is the feeling." She says ending with a pout which makes me laugh. I then place my hand on top of our Sheep and rub it softly. I was about to open my mouth to say something however she cuts me off.

"Whatever. I am hungry." I am holding myself from laughing seeing her changes. From being moody to hungry. 

"It will be done in 10 minutes. Wait for Chef Zhang." I say, peck her lips and continue cooking the sauce.

"Yucks!" 

I look at my wife in disbelieve when she 'yucks' me. 

"Do not yucks Chef Zhang okay, baby." I tell her as I help her to sit on the chair. She insists on helping me to cut the fruits we bougth earlier. 

"Yucks!" She once again says that word and grabs my face before she gives me a peck on the lips. Oh man. How do I get 'mad' when she rewards me with a kiss when she just 'yucks' me.

"Bei, I am hungry." My wife says stopping me from kissing her lips when I was about to lean down for a kiss.

 

"Okay. Let's put it here." I sit down next to my wife on the couch and place a plate of freshly cut fruits on top of her baby bump. We are going to watch a movie as well as having dinner in the living room. I press my lips into a thin line as I notice she is looking at me with her -.- face.

"Are you using our Sheep as the table ?" 

"I have been wanting to do this for months." I say and give her a smile that makes her rolls her eyes. I always see this in movies do I want to do the same.

We are in the second half of the movie when my wife suddenly pulls away from the hug. I look at her with my raised eyebrows as she bites her lips.

"Do you want to ?" She asks me and it does not take a long time for me to understand the meaning of her question. We have been doing that these past few weeks to trigger her labor. Or should I say everyday ? When I did not react, she grabs my brother down there.

"Baby, wait." I stop her by holding her hand and she gives me a look.

"Why ? You did not want to ?" She questions me and she looks embarassed thinking that I just declined.

"It is not like that." I say with a sigh.

"W-why ? You have never rejected me before and vice versa." 

"I do not want you to force yourself." I tell her and hold her hand tightly. I know she wants to do it to make her dilate.

"What do you mean ? Since when having ual intercouse forcing me ?" She asks me, pull her hand and look at me with a frown.

"You do not want to do it with me because I am getting ugly and fat ?" She asks me again when I did not answer to her previous question. 

"Wait no. It is not like that. I do not want you to force yourself just to make you dilate. It hurts me seeing you try to endure the pain just to trigger your labor." I exclaim, try to hold her arm but she pulls away not wanting to be touched. Panics rush over me as I notice she looks like she wants to cry with her teary eyes. 

"B-Baby." I try to hold her again but she pushes me lightly as her tears drop. 

"Y-You do not understand me." She muffles with a sob. My heart is aching of wanting to hold her in my embrace but I know I would be pushed for the third time.

"It is not like that --"

"It is. You do not know how scared I am when our doctor told us I might end up with caesarean or might end up to be induced." She sobs harder even cups from getting louder.

"If you understand me, you would let me and we will try our best so that I will have a normal delivery. I do not want to be forced. Inducing labor is like forcing your baby out from your tummy and it scares me like hell by just having that thought. In case you did not remember, there are two babies inside me." 

I just kept my mouth shut as she talks. I feel guilty that I did not try to understand her. I really do not mind but it hurts me seeing her whenever we had our ual intercouse these past few weeks. Her thighs are starting to feel hurt and according to our mothers it is one of the signs of labor. 

"It looks like I am the only one who is trying so hard and there is no support from you." I lift my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter