Chapter 15

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Mrs. Choi looks at her daughter when she enters the kitchen and takes a few fruits she bought yesterday before she puts them into a small bag. 

 

"Are you going to Yixing's house, Bin ah ?" Mrs. Choi asks after she stops cutting the apple. 


"Ne, Eomma.." She replied with her tired voice. Mrs. Choi sadly looks at her daughter. Ever since she revealed the new to Dabin, her daughter isn't talking much. She prefers to be alone and rarely eats. What to do ? She already promises to Dabin's future parents in law that she's gonna marry her daughter with their son. 

 

"Alright.. Send Eomma's regards to them ne ?" She tries to talk to her but then she only responds to her by weakly nodding her head. 

 

Stepping out of her house, Dabin takes a deep breath. She's gonna meet Yixing and she really hopes that God will give her strength. She doesn't want to burst into tears in front of Yixing. Slowly and weakly, she makes her way to Yixing's house and stands in front of his door. Dabin looks down and bites her lips but she flinches in shock when the door suddenly swung open revealing Yixing's parents who are looking at her with smiles. 


"Aigoo my daughter.. Did you come here to meet Yixing ?" Mrs. Zhang asks after she hugs Dabin. 

 

"Yes, Mama.. Is he inside ?" She politely asks. 


"Yes Dabin ah.. He's waiting for you.." Mr. Zhang says and calls his son to go downstairs. When Dabin realizes, she quickly lifts her hand handing the small bag she has been holding. 

 

"Mama, Baba.. This is for you.." 

 

"Thank you, Dabin ah.. You always know our favorite.. Just go inside ne ? Mama and Baba have something to do.." Yixing's mother tells her earning nods from Dabin. She then gives the small bag to her son and Dabin tries to control herself when she sees Yixing. He has an excited face and his dimples can already be seen. Dabin then gets inside the house and immediately Yixing closes the door before pulling her into a hug. 

 

"I missed you so much.." He muffles pulling away from the hug to cup her face and gives her a peck on the forehead. The two then share a kiss on the lips expressing their yearning towards each other. 


"I missed you too, Bei.. I'm sorry ---" Dabin says as soon as they pull away from the kiss but are cut off when Yixing once again seals her lips with his. 

 

"It's okay.. I understand, baby.. Don't worry.. Let's go.." He adds and holds  her back leading her to the living room. He brings the small bag to the kitchen while Dabin waits in the living room. Arriving in the kitchen, Yixing takes two cup of mugs to prepare hot chocolate for him and Dabin. He looks over his shoulder when feeling a pair of arms are wrapped around his torso and soon feeling Dabin's cheek on his back. 

 

"I missed you.." Dabin muffles which makes Yixing lets out of chuckles. He stops stirring the hot chocolate and turns around making Dabin pulls away from hugging him. He immediately pulls his fiancé by her waist and looks at her rewarding her with a peck on the lips. 

 

"I missed you two, three, four and forever.." He jokes earning a chuckle from Dabin. She looks at his eyes and she swears she wants to cry but she holds herself not wanting to ruin the mood. She can see he's so happy. 

 

"Baby ?" 

 

"Baby ?"

 

Dabin wakes up from her reverie when she feels a soft thing is placed on her cheek. She gives her fiancé a light smile realizing she's thinking too much. 

 

"Are you okay, hmm ? Sick ?" Yixing asks as he roams his hand around Dabin's face to check if she's sick but Dabin only shakes his head with a light smile. 


"I'm okay.. Sorry.. Have you done ?" She quickly changes the topic not wanting to be questioned by Yixing again. 

 

"Almost done.. You go to the living room.. I'll bring our drinks and cappuccino cheesecake I bought yesterday okay ?" He tells her putting the used spoon in the sink before going to the fridge to take out the cheesecake. 

 

"Ani.. Don't.. Let me bring the tray.. You go there, baby.." He stops Dabin  when she tries to take the tray to bring the hot chocolate in the living room. She then goes to the living room and sits on the couch while waiting for Yixing. Dabin moves a little bit when Yixing wants to place the tray in front of her. He sits in front of her and pulls Dabin closer to him to be hugged making Dabin leans her body against Yixing's chest. 

 

"What movie do you wanna watch ?" He asks as he checks the list of movies that have been saved. 

 

"Hmm.. Any movie is fine.." She assures him tapping him on the cheek. 

 

"Baby.." Yixing calls her when he's still searching for a movie to be watched earning hums from her. 

 

"Let's tell our parents tomorrow.. Maybe we have dinner together ?" He asks making Dabin shocks and sits properly looking at him.

 

"T-tomorrow ?" She questions him with a pale face. It can't be. Tomorrow ? No.

 

"Yes.."


"C-can we p-postpone to t-tell them, Bei ?" She stutters and bites her lips when Yixing suddenly looks at her with a furrowed forehead. 

 

"Why ? Are you scared ? I'm here.." He calms her down by playing and fixing her long wavy hair. She looks so pale and it worries him so much. 

 

"A-Ani.. Hmm.. In few days okay ? Let's tell them in a few days more.. Can we ?" Dabin pleads to her fiancé making Yixing to look at her like he's scanning her brain. 

 

"Why ? Don't tell me you've changed your mind.." Yixing asks looking serious making Dabin gulps down her saliva. 


"N-no.. Let's just postpone for a few days then we'll tell them ne ?" 


"Please ?" Dabin pleads again with an aegyo as she cups his face and kisses his bottom lips when he doesn't say anything.  

 

"Okay.. Anything for my baby.." He says pinching her cheeks together. She gives him a big smile and leans closer before she pecks his cheek. Dabin then adjusts to sit and leans against Yixing's chest as they're hugging each other while watching the movie. 

 

To be truth, she's not watching the movie. She's thinking. Her mother keeps asking her about the answer and she tries to break the news herself but something holds her. She can't open at all. Her mother really hopes she will accept and will marry that guy. She can't just simply be a daughter who doesn't listen to her parents but she wants to protect their relationship at the same time. 

 

Why is it so hard for her ? She loves Yixing so much ever since she was a kid. She wishes how all these problems will be solved once she woke up from her sleep. She does not want to tell Yixing as she knows she will break his heart into pieces. He even has proposed her and can't wait to reveal their relationship. How can she tell him she's going to marry someone she doesn't know ? 

 

Dabin wakes up from her reverie and looks at Yixing when he pulls away from hugging her but still hugging her shoulder. 

 


"Why ?" She asks her fiancé looking confuse when Yixing holds her phone. 

 

"Your phone has been ringing twice.." He exclaims while showing her still ringing phone. She takes her phone and answers it hesitantly looking at Yixing who's looking at her with a judging look. 

 

"H-Hello ?" She greets the caller as she scratches the back of her head. Her fiancé is still looking at her making Dabin turns her body a little bit to speak with the caller. 

 

"Y-yes.. On my table unnie.. O-okay.. B-bye.." She ends the call and puts the strand of her hair behind her ears putting her phone on the table back before adjusting to sit on the couch. She pretends watching the movie but she knows Yixing is looking at her right now. 

 

"B-baby ?" 

 

Dabin gulps gown her saliva when Yixing calls her. It's so quite as the only sound came is from the TV. She looks at him with a light smile. 

 

"Y-yes ?"

 

"Are you okay ?" He asks her looking serious to which Dabin replies by giving him a smile. 

 

"Ne.." She nods repeatedly but Yixing still gives her a scary look. He heaves a sigh rolling his eyes out before talking. 


"Don't lie.. You're thinking of something.."


"I'm serious.. I'm not thinking of something.." She quickly denies but only to earn another stare.  


"You're strange.. I notice it the moment you entered my house.. You keep daydreaming and don't even hear your phone ringing.. Plus.. You only wake up from daydreaming after I called you few times or I touched you.." He exclaims making Dabin bites her bottom lips. Yixing did notice Dabin's changes earlier. But he just shrugs it off thinking that she's stressed. 

 

"I'm sorry, Bei.." She says with her pouting lips. She just eyes Yixing when he suddenly takes the remote control and pause the movie before looking at Dabin.  

 

"I don't want to listen to your sorry.. I want to know what's wrong with you.. Share it.. We're going to be husband and wife.. I need to know your problem too.." 

 

"It's nothing, Bei.. Promise.." She says and shakes her head few times. It's so hard to convince Yixing. 

 

"I don't like when you lie.." He muffles making Dabin gulps her saliva down feeling scared. She thinks another excuse to give to Yixing who's still staring at her. She takes Yixing's hand and holds it. 

 

"Maybe I'm just tired.. I worked overtime this week.. That's why.. Other than that, it's nothing hmmm ?" She tries to convince him while pressin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter