Chapter 29

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

 

The doctor applies some pressure as she moves the transducer device along Dabin's abdomen. This is their second checkup with Doctor Kang after few weeks ago. Dabin has entered her second month as a mother. The young parents hear a noisy sound and Yixing swears it is one of the touching moments he ever had. It is totally a different sound from their previous checkup. This sound is louder.

"Can you hear the noisy sound ?" Doctor Kang asks as she looks at the overwhelmed couple earning nods from them. She looks back on the screen and smiles before speaking. She knows. She guessed it right when seeing this couple entered her room a few minutes ago. 

"That's the hearbeat of your babies.." 

"Babies ?"

"What do you mean babies ?"

Doctor Kang seriously wants to laugh over this young parents of not getting her clue. She points at the screen making Yixing and Dabin's eyes followed to the screen. 

"Can you see these two dots ? They are your babies.." 

"Babies ? Twins ?" Yixing asks and looks at his wife who has tears forming in her eyes with a smile written on her face. She feels blessed of getting pregnant at such a young age and now she was surprised with two babies. Dabin nods her head as she releases their locked hands and cups Yixing's face that is getting wet with his tears. He then takes Dabin's hand and brings it closer to his lips before he kisses it.

"We did not notice you are carrying twin babies when we had our last checkup.. Seems like they want to surprise you.." She says as she looks at the couple and turns back to the screen to give the couple spaces. They must feel overwhelmed over this news.  

"Since you are in 8 weeks, the size of your babies are as big as raspberry and probably weigh about 0.04 ounces with measure about 0.63 inches.." Doctor Kang continues to explain as she stops moving the transducer around Dabin's tummy.

"It's small.." Yixing suddenly muffles as he keeps looking at the screen where their doctor showing the babies.

"Don't worry.. Your babies are growing about a millimeter each day.." 

"During this time, your babies might have their tiny arms and legs.. Can you see ?"

"I can't see anything.. My babies look like peanuts.." Yixing's spontaneously answer makes their doctor laugh as the young father is clueless.

"These are actually their arms and their legs are starting to form.. It's not completely developed yet.. Also their faces.. They are starting to take shape and their internal organs are forming.."

"Their heartbeat are already beating just like we are hearing now.. They are actually moving quite a bit already.."

"Moving ? I cannot feel the movement.." Dabin says making Doctor Kang nods.

"Yes.. They are actually moving but it takes a while for you to feel the movement.. Probably around 18 to 20 weeks.." 

Doctor Kang seriously a good doctor and Dabin already likes the doctor. She explains in detail since it's Yixing and Dabin's first time and she gives her a few tips regarding her pregnancy.

"You’re now entering your second month of pregnancy.. You might have pregnancy cramps where your abdomen are stretching.. Don't worry.. It is normal as your uterus starts to expand for the babies. But if your cramping is severe or you’re worried in any way, you can come to the hospital.." She explains and writes the notes on her paper while Yixing makes sure he does not forget and he even takes some notes in his handphone so that he will not forget.

"I actually have a question.." Dabin says making the doctor looks at her with a smile.

"Yes.."

"Is it okay if I use stretch mark cream on my belly ?" Dabin asks and takes the cream from her handbag to show it to their doctor. Yixing bought 3 bottles after his wife is confirmed pregnant with their baby. She even had a long face when her husband showed these creams to her but then Yixing claimed he asked his female co-workers and they suggested these creams.

"Yes.. You should start applying stretch mark cream now.. It can prevent you from having the marks on your belly.. I totally recommend this brand.."

"See.. I told you.. It's good.." Yixing says and smirks making Dabin slaps him on his lap. 

 

**************

 

"You should gain some weight, baby.." Yixing says as he puts a spoonful of chicken in his wife's bowl. They are having dinner after Yixing fetched her from office. Dabin stops eating and glares at her husband. 

"Why ?" He asks Dabin when seeing she stops eating and she puts down her spoon. 

"I am going to be a whale.. No.. I don't want to eat.." Dabin exclaims pushing her meals to her husband.

"What whale ? Nonsense.. Remember Doctor Kang said you need to gain some weight for our next checkup ?" 

"I don't want.. You eat.. I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter