Chapter 11

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

"Aigoo.. This part should be changed.. It sounds so boring.." Lee Youngjin, the senior broadcast writer of KBS says as she highlights some part of the scripts with a pink highlighter.  Dabin who sits beside the woman just nods her head and writes the notes on her notebook for her to make the changes later. She bits her lips nervously when she notices the frowns on her senior's face. If she rejects this script, it means she needs to make the new one. Heol. One script takes a few hours to be written. 

 


"Okay.. Overall everything is okay.. You just need to change a few parts I've highlighted.. After that, this script can be submitted ne ?" Youngjin tells Dabin handing the script to Dabin who's smiling widely. 

 


"Ne sunbaenim.. Thank you.." She thanks her and marches towards her office. Thank God she doesn't need to change the whole script, if she does, she needs to stay over to finish it. 

 

Taking out her phone to message her boyfriend, Dabin smiles when she sees her boyfriend has sent her a message and sees 3 missed calls but her smiles turns into a frown after she reads the content.

 


From: My y Man


Baby.. Sorry.. I've to fly to Hong Kong now.. They told me last minute.. 

 

 

She types the message with her frown still on her face. They're supposed to meet tonight because the last two days he just came back from his business trip from Japan. And now he's going to Hong Kong ? Heol. 

 

 

To: My y Man


It's okay, Bei.. Take care.. Miss you..

 


To be honest, they haven't met yet. He arrived at 10 p.m. last night. Putting her phone aside, she takes her pen and starts writing the draft first before typing it using a laptop while lazily placing her palm under her chin. She knows she needs to understand Yixing before they enter marriage life. His work as a manager in marketing department requires to travel a lot and she needs to understand it. She takes a look at her phone when her phone lit up indicating there's a message. 

 


From: My y Man


Are you mad, baby ? I'm sorry.. It's urgent and last minute call.. Will call you as soon as I landed.. Love you..

 


To: My y Man


Ani.. It's okay Bei.. I understand.. Have a safe flight.. Take care.. Love you too..

 


Dabin then puts her phone inside the drawer and locks it before going out to toilet. After she's done with her business, she straightly goes to the pantry to make herself a cup of coffee. 

 

Carefully, she brings her coffee to her office and sighs in relief when there's nobody in the room. It means she has the room for herself. Dabin makes her way to her sit and sits down after placing her coffee on the table. Opening the drawer, she takes out her phone to check the reply from Yixing. She bits on her lips while reading his message. 

 


From: My y Man 

Thank you Baby.. We will meet after I come back.. You can punish me.. Love you very much..

 


Dabin giggles cutely when she reads the word "punish". Yixing really knows how to soften her heart and it makes her loves him more. 

 

 

 

 ***

 


Yixing smiles lovingly as he goes through his gallery seeing most of Dabin's pictures and their pictures taken during their date. He misses her so much. He cursed silently when he got a notice saying he needs to go back to Hong Kong because of some problems with the things he ordered for their new project. The worst, he needs to go there with Jihyun. He doesn't understand at all why he needs to go with this Jihyun girl. But wait, of course one of his assistants goes too. At least he feels safe that Chanyeol is here too. 

 


"Oppa ?"

 


Yixing immediately puts his phone inside his pocket when Jihyun suddenly pops out in front of him. The girl eyes him and furrows her eyebrows but she shrugs it off before sitting beside Yixing. The man moves a little bit when he feels Jihyun sits too near. 

 


"Miss Jeon.. I told you it's not proper to call me oppa.. Let's be formal.." Yixing carefully says not wanting to hurt her making Jihyun giggles as she puts the strand of her hair behind her ear. 

 


"We aren't at office.. So it's okay to call you oppa, right oppa ?" She tells Yixing making him looks at her before speaking. 

 

"President Jeon is my boss and I need to respect him.."

 


"It's okay.. Appa won't mind.. Trust me.."

 

Yixing just looks at her and heaves a sigh as he's too lazy to entertain Jihyun. He curses in his mind searching for Chanyeol who's buying coffee. That tall guy is taking too much time already. While waiting for Chanyeol, Yixing takes out his phone out from his pocket again to play with it to avoid from Jihyun. 

 


"Do you have a girlfriend, Oppa ?" Jihyun suddenly asks making Yixing stops scrolling his SNS. 

 


"It's my personal matter, Miss Jeon.. Why did you ask ?" He lazily asks back while looking at his phone back leaving the girl with frowns all over her face. 

 

"Aishhh.. So grumpy.. I was only asking you.."

 

 


***

 


"We are best friends in a few minutes.." Yixing blurts out while having his eyes keep on the road. One hand is holding Dabin's hand and one hand is on the steering. They are going for a gathering with their school mates. They suggest to play basketball at night and already rent a court near Shinsadong. 

 


"It's okay.. It's only for a few hours hmm ?" Dabin assures him by shaking their locking hands. In a few minutes, the two already arrive at the venue and Dabin suddenly holds Yixing's arm making the guy looks at her after he turns off the engine. 

 


"Good luck for the game.. Even though it's only a friendly match, I know you can be so y throwing the balls.." She says and leans down cupping Yixing's face before she kisses his cheek earning smiles from him. She really likes looking at Yixing whenever he plays sports. He looks so y as he sweats a lot and he looks more y when he pushes his bangs showing his forehead. 

 


"Here too.." He whines pointig at his lips making Dabin laughs but she follows anyway to give kisses on her boyfriend's lips. The two then finally get out of the car and walk to the place they're going to play later. 

 


"Gosh.. It's so awkward not to hold your hand, baby.." Yixing says as they walk together not holding hands like usual. 

 

 

"Dabin ah.. Do you have a boyfriend ?" Bona suddenly asks making Dabin looks at her nervously. The girls are on the bench watching the boys who are playing basketball. 

 


"Boyfriend ? No.." She confidently says and laughs. 

 

"Ani.. You and Yixing wear the same rings.. I was thinking that---"

 


"No!" Dabin quickly denies her friend before Bona could finish talking. 

 


"Ani.. What I'm gonna say is.. We are best friends and of course we wear the same rings.. It's our friendship rings.." She tells Bona and even shows her hand. Actually it's their couple rings that Yixing bought for their 3rd monthsary. 

 


"Didn't you guys wear the different kind of ring before this ? That simple one.." This time it's Nara's turn to ask her. 

 


"Yeah.. We upgrade to this.. Aish.. Guys.. Really.. We didn't dating.. He's not even my style.." Right after Dabin finishes talking, the boys come to the girls while panting. 

 

"Xing ah.. Dabin says you're not her style.." Both Nara and Bona says with laughs making Dabin gulps down her saliva looking at Yixing. She takes their bag and hands a towel for Yixing to wipe his sweats.

 


"Yah.. You two.. Stop.." Dabin tells her friends as they still laugh and even tell their other friends about Yixing and Dabin wearing the same rings. 

 


"Well.. It's not weird.. These two look like a couple.. So fishy.." Jongdae exclaims and takes his water from Bona who's distributing the water to the boys. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter