Chapter 28

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

 

"The nurse will let me go inside right, baby ?" Yixing asks for the nth time making Dabin rolls her eyes. He has been asking the same question since they left their house for her monthly checkup. It's his first time and he is about to see their baby. It's actually marked as their first checkup. 

The last time Dabin had her tummy being scanned was when she was hospitalized two weeks ago. Nothing changed and it's just her baby bump is visible now. Her husband cannot stop playing with her tummy and cannot stop kissing her baby bump. 

Yixing also does not forget to take a bunch of pictures of his wife's baby bump every day. He even makes a scrap book of Dabin's pregnancy journey. 

"Bei.. Of course.. Calm down okay ?" Dabin tells him as she tightens her grip on holding her husband's hand. She does not understand why he looks so nervous. It's not like she is going to give birth now. 

"Mrs. Zhang.."

 


*****


"How are you feeling, Mrs. Zhang ?" Doctor Kang asks as soon as she was greeted by the couple. She looks so lovely and looks like Dabin's mother. Deep in Yixing's heart, he is glad that their doctor is a woman doctor. 

"I am totally fine and successfully gained some weight.." Dabin says with a laugh making the middle age doctor laugh too. She could tell she has gained some weight even though her husband said she looks the same. Well. She knows her body well okay. Besides, she knows Yixing just wants to make her not to think too much about weight gaining.

"Is this your husband ?" The doctor asks as she looks at Yixing to which Dabin nods with a smile while Yixing introduces himself. The doctor told Dabin that the first checkup might be longer since she needs to take a few tests. She also explained what are the tests that need to be done clearly.

"Do you take any medicine and do you have any allergies ?" 

"Hmm.. Nope.. I do not have any allergies.. But I couldn't eat raw sushi.." Dabin says and turns around when her husband speaks.

"She really hates medicine.." Yixing says making the doctor laughs.

"Ohh.. But she takes folic acid few months ago.." Yixing suddenly remembers that his wife took folic acid few months ago. 

"Folic acid is good, Mr. Zhang.. Folic acid actually is a man-made form of a B vitamin called folate. Folate plays an important role in the production of red blood cells. It's recommended to take folic acid before and during pregnancy which can help prevent birth defects of your baby's brain and spinal cord.." The doctor explains it clearly. 

"Is this your first baby and have you had miscarriage before this ?"  Doctor Kang asks trying to dig into Dabin's history. It is essential to be asked these questions since it may provide clues to possible complications. The same questions were asked by the doctor to Yixing.

"Have you experienced morning sickness ?" 

"I did not feel anything but I'm quite sensitive with perfumes.. Other than that, it was fine.." Dabin tells her doctor and Doctor Kang nods as she writes it on a piece of paper. It takes such a long time for their first checkup. Dabin was being tested to detect current problems in her and her baby. Their first checkup can be divided into three parts which are her history, various testing and the physical examination. 

"I am sure you guys cannot wait to greet your baby.." The doctor says after she has done with the physical examination with the help of a nurse. She was young too a few years ago and had been pregnant. She knows the couple in front of her is excited and is happy. 

"He is so nervous and excited at the same time.." Dabin says making the doctor and the nurse laugh. First baby is amazing.

"Let's go to the bed.." Doctor Kang says as she stands up and leads the couple to the bed. The couple follows their doctor and Yixing sits next to his wife while holding her hand. He is too excited since it's his frist time seeing his baby. Their baby.  

A nurse helps Dabin by covering her lower with a blanket and by pulling her dress up revealing her growing belly. Her baby bump is growing day by day and is visible right now. For Dabin, the process is not painful at all. Doctor Kang smears a clear gel on Dabin's skin of her abdomen. It is cold which gives her a chilly sensation. The reason of smearing a clear gel is to help the device pass smoothly over the skin and is to improve transmission of the sound wave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter