Chapter 18

That one thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday. Jiyong packed the last clothes into his luggage. It felt suffocating to stay, he just couldn't anymore. He hadn't seen Seungri for three days, he also hadn't dared to reach out to his biological father. He did not care anymore. He just wanted to get back home to his mother who seemed like the only person he could still trust. The only person who had always loved him unconditionally.

 

He had called Seunghyun and Youngbae to meet him at the platform from where the train would take him back home. Jiyong had to say goodbye to them at least since he would not return. He had made that decision because Seungri hadn't come back home. His so-called boyfriend did not care about him and his situation. Yes, he had found his father and brother and that had been his mission, he had never intended to stay with them. It was better this way. Maybe he would eventually get over all of this.

 

After everything was packed into his suitcase and backpack he walked towards the entry door. He turned around one last time to look at the living room. The furniture was just like before because he had rented it with the apartment. He would send the key to the landlord in one month. He still had to pay for that one. Also Seungri still had the other key but he did not care. He didn't care about anything anymore. He just wanted to get away from this .

 

Their picture still lay on the coffee table and Jiyong wasn't sure if he should take it or leave it. Somehow it felt like if he would leave it in this apartment where their whole love story took place it would really be over. If he took it then part of it was still in his heart. It ached. He was frustrated with the outcome of this all. Never had he imagined this. A year full of discoveries. He had found love and he had lost love. He had found family and he had lost family. Had it even been worth it that he had lived here in the first place? Maybe life would have been easier if he didn't look for anyone and had just stayed home.

 

Jiyong sighed. He decided to take the picture. He wasn't able to let go yet. He at least wanted to be able to cherish the memory. He hadn't even written a letter. Though Seungri might not even return to the apartment. Who knows if he had actually found and read it. A letter seemed like a harsh goodbye. A 'it is over forever now'. Maybe he still wanted to keep that tiny spark of hope to have Seungri back, to have everything normal and loving again.

 

A few minutes later he closed the apartment door and locked it. His year was over. It was time to return home. He took the elevator and was soon hit by the refreshing air outside. Spring blossomed fully. The warm sun tingled on his skin. The cab that he had called to pick him up arrived soon. It was the easiest way to get to station.

 

Seungri had been home with his parents the last three days. He did not care about school at all at the moment. They had talked about so m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter