Chapter 17

That one thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both settled on the couch in the living room it was the first time after the sudden hug in the office that he let her go again. He felt weak, everything went wrong ever since he had found out the truth. But seeing the woman who had raised him and loved him dearly with that broken and sad expression in her eyes had destroyed him. He couldn't resist holding her, his mother, his gaze was fixed on her again and he knew what Jiyong had talked about, all of a sudden Seungri seemed to understand.

 

“It was a lot. The amount of information about my life buried me. I felt suffocated.” Seungri admitted. “I know, dear. And your father and I really wanted to tell you but we never found the right moment. I feared that you would be mad and not accept me anymore.” His mother explained. “Mom, I love you.. it was dumb of me to act that way and I'm so sorry for hurting you.” He moved next to her on the couch to hug her again. “I originally came here to find out information about my birth mother..”, he stopped his words to look at the woman in his arms, she bit her lips and Seungri knew that it must be a topic she doesn't feel that comfortable talking about, “.. but.. maybe Jiyong was right, she abandoned me while you filled my childhood with love. Who knows what would have happened if you didn't adopt me back then.” A light sigh, more of a breath, left his lips. It might be better not to look for her, he thought. He had a family that took care of him, the most lovely mother, it was not fair to push them away just because they didn't share the same genes.

 

“She was really young, only seventeen, her boyfriend, your biological father, had left her after finding out about you and she was desperate because she couldn't keep you because of her family and studies. Her parents never found out about you since she stayed with out after she had been pregnant for three months. Your father had send a letter to her parents giving her a scholarship for an American High School. It was fake of course but this way they didn't find out and she had us to take care of her. It might sound like a weird situation to you but we lived that way for half a year with her protecting both of you. We told her that she could visit you as often as she wanted, of course we had feared that she would take you away again, that she would regret giving you to us. We aren't cruel and the time we spent with her made us feel like she had been a part of our family through you. But after we had taken you home from the hospital we had never seen or heard of her again. I'm really sorry, dear. She was young and couldn't deal with the situation but I am sure that she still thinks of you and still loves you as much as we do.”

 

Seungri had listened carefully to everything his mother had said. “So my life is an accident after all..” He whispered. “No, sweetie, you aren't an accident, not at all. You are the most precious present that we ever received. We wished for you for so long and somehow you must have heard our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter