Possessive

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sit up and rub my face. The curtains were already drawn back as the sunlight shines through onto my bed, giving the room a warm ambience.

"Go see if she's awake, Mina," I hear my mother tell her.

I stare at the door frame until she comes into view. Once she sees that I'm up, she heads back downstairs without any sort of morning salutation. I actually was expecting something because all my other tries said 'Good morning' or 'Great, you're up!' or some dumb like that but she didn't do anything—not even a nod. 

It's only Saturday so I don't have school today, mainly schoolwork to do but I have soccer practice at one.

The season is starting back up again and I can already tell that I'm out of shape by how it hurts to even bend down and connect my hands to the floor. I haven't been stretching or exercising, so the practice today is going to be lethal. Preparing myself, I've made a mental note to have Mina get the ice ready, I know i'll be needing it.

"Miss Hirai," Minho calls to me. I'm already stretching and heading down the stairs.

The pleasant scents of bacon, eggs, toast, and everything that screams Sunday breakfast hit me. I'm practically floating the rest of the way down to the dining room. My mouth is starting to water as I drift my eyes to all the dishes sprawled on the table, my mouth slightly hanging

Minho smiles at me and pulls out a chair for me to sit on. "Good morning, Miss Hirai." 

"It sure is," I say, taking my fork and knife in my hands. "Did you made all of this?" 

"Partially," he answers, pouring a glass of orange juice. "Mina helped me with most of it, and your father also."

Minho is our oldest and longest serving try, not to mention, a long time friend of my dad's. He definitely did strike out when my family found him.

In Cavna, there are about eight different provinces, he just so happened to live in the most dangerous one, which was Knoll. He was a highly regarded criminal on the run but my father gave him a choice: you either serve me or you get executed. Fortunately, Minho was reasonable.

I was on edge the first few months we had him here but his criminal exterior was so different to his actual personality. He treats all of us like old friends and whenever I'm having a tough time, I always seek him out for advice. He is only 27, so he doesn't have that much experience and wisdom but I'll take it. 

"Did you remember your soccer practice at one?" He brings out my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter