Daggers

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, Minho!" I kick the door open and allow my party of six to follow close behind me. "Fire up those leftovers! We've got company!" 

Minho rushes to the arch leading into the dining room, once he sees me and the group of hooligans I have on my heels, he cracks a big smile and returns to the kitchen. He begins giving Mina instructions on what to do. It's been so long since I've had more than four people over so I'm a bit lost on what to do to keep them entertained. 

Everyone is chatting amongst themselves but I hastily hush them and stand on the fifth stair from the tile floor to give an announcement.

"Leave your shoes off at the door because I don't want you guys dirtying up my floor. If you get dirt anywhere, I'm making you get on your hands and knees to clean it up. Understood?" I see them gulp with wide eyes, they slowly nod and quickly removed their shoes, placing them at the door. 

Once all of their shoes are out of sight and there's no dirt or grass tracked onto the tile whatsoever, I lead them downstairs into the basement. I nearly cry out of nostalgia when I see all my worn down treasure chests and boxes of toys from when I was younger; it's been so long since I've been down here that I forgot what I had stored away. 

"What are you guys up for?" I start, went speechless once I see my breath form in front of me. It's really not that cold down here but apparently, the process of cellular respiration seems to tell a different tale. 

"I'm up for anything," Jeongin says first. "We could just do it the old‐fashioned way and start it off with a pillow fight... or paintball guns if you have those." I paused, rubbing the bottom of my chin for a second, deciphering if I actually do. After rummaging through a few bins, moving this there and that over here, I find exactly eight paintball guns which is one more than we need so we're good. 

I return to the group and hold up the paintball guns with a huge grin on my face. I can see Tiffany and Jeongyeon's blood draining from their face. Han nudges the latter in the arm as he passes her to take the weapon of destruction from me. "Don't tell me you're gonna wuss out." 

She swallows hard. "I'm not one for pain," she admits as she shyly combs her hair using her fingers. 

The boys laugh as they begin strapping on the face masks. "You've got to be kidding me," Felix butts in. "I can assure you that being excluded by the one and only Hirai Momo is worse than getting hit with a solid ball of paint on the arm. I know that for sure."

Jeongyeon's mumbling something under her breath as she takes the WOD from me and straps on the mask. Tiffany is hesitant to take hers but she eventually does and soon enough, we're all standing outside in the dead of night with potential murder weapons. The night has practically gone silent, the tension is steadily building up the more we stand here in a circle with our guns pointed at each other. 

"I guess I'll be the first one to go then," I spew, Han goes down with a cry of pain.

After muttering a string of curse words, he returns to his feet and attempts to get me in the shoulder but I dodge his shot just in time, hearing it went past my ear. Everyone scrambles but there's literally nowhere to hide since our only cover are the tall blades of grass and the darkness of the night. 

Breathing can be heard nearby and I can feel someone's presence near me, so without warning and an idea as to where they are, I shot in front of me. Felix cries in pain and begins to shoot wildly while saying something about finding the rascal that shot him. Boy do I want to laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter