Handshake

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My legs are no longer sore when I sit up. As I try to stretch, I get a throbbing pain in my and I nearly fall back onto my pillows, rolling right out of bed and onto the floor.

I don't remember taking it up the rear lately so I don't get why out of all places, my is the only thing that's hurting. 

I half-heartedly brush my teeth and put my hair up into a very sad looking bun with my freehand. I'm kind of disappointed that I don't get any outlandish breakfast this morning but I'm also kind of glad because I wouldn't be able to enjoy it fully with me constantly and groaning from my sore muscles being pulled this way and that reaching for stuff. Ha, good call. 

"Mina, come with me to the store," I say as I make my way to the door all the while I'm pulling on one of my hoodies.

Checking the time on my phone, I make sure to remember to pay my friend, Tiffany, a visit down at the jail she's locked up in in Askew. I always make sure to check up with her from time to time because she's one of my older friends and most of the time, my dumb self is over here doing things I shouldn't be, plus I need a bit of advice on what to do about Mina and my little crush.

After sorting the mail and putting something in a bowl away in the fridge, we head out to the car.

"You look nice," I say casually, she gazed at me up and down. "Yeah I know." 

See, I didn't want to look cute today so I just threw on a hoodie and left the house in my slippers. I'm the daughter of most powerful couple so who the hell cares? Mina did her hair different today and I noticed immediately since I can actually see the whole of her face, her eyes weren't covered by her red hair.

Even though my focus is on the road and my eyes are practically glued to the freeway, I can feel her eyes on me. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her staring at me. I smiled to myself and try not to think about it too hard.

When we pull up to the grocery store, a gust of cold wind hits me once I open up the door to get out. I shiver a bit walking in as Mina stares at my legs.

I make a face and cross my arms. "Jeez, for someone that doesn't talk, you sure are vocal." I laugh to myself and if Mina could laugh, she would be too because that was funny; I'm funny and she knows it, everyone knows it. 

As I scan over each product in the aisle, I don't even remember what I came here for. I was thinking of buying a thing of Bengay for my muscles but since I'm all better, I see no use, I end up adding it to the basket anyway. I take a couple things; Oreos, popcorn, chocolate and anything seen as junk food. By the time I finished, I am surprised the basket isn't overflowing or the things falling out, scattering all over the floor. 

"Long time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter