Expectation

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun is barely peeking out of the dark, star scattered sky when I decide to conjure up an escape plan to head over towards the cliff overlooking the lake. My fingers are extra nimble when it comes to ping my mahogany colored tent and stepping over.

Mina is curled up on a long pillow stationed outside of my tent. I pause momentarily to look at her sleeping soundly there near the crackling fire, watching over my well-being.

The thirty minute walk there is quiet and calming, it gives me some time to really think about what the it is I'm doing messing around with Mina.

All the signs point to me and her never having a legitimate chance together and throughout it all, I'm still here chasing her like a little lap dog with my heart on my sleeve for her.

Every week, I have this exact same linkage of thoughts all leading up to me saying that she doesn't like me or she's a try and I'm a price; it's all the same thing. 

The moon's full gaze on the lake below me has sparkles and small ripples of waves cursing through the water's medium. Spare counts of rocks and twigs fall over the edge of the cliff and land with a soft thud against the overgrown grasses climbing up the sides of the rock.

I let my legs swing down below me as a gentle breeze pushes stray strands of hair away from my eyes and out of my face. I sigh and lean back onto the dirt, at the same time that I do it is the same time I get up because I don't want grass stains on my white shirt. 

Everywhere I go, she's there clouding up my mind and invading every personal thought I want to have to myself. It's really starting to get to a point where I either distance myself from her or something where I make no contact with her at all.

It's agonizing having to walk around eyeing something I can't have. It's like I'm on a never ending walk through the candy aisle and I'm not allowed to touch, taste, or even think about asking to get a piece; my hands are in a permanent clasp with dogs at my heels every corner I turn. 

I bury my face in my hands. After resting there with my hot breath accumula

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter