Lightly

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know what time it is when I hear the light rap against the wood of my door. Clumsily, I smack my hand around on my bedside table for my phone but when I don't feel its rectangular form in my hand and hear a nice thump against the floor, I groan and roll back over to my side.

"C‐Come in," I sleepily stammer, attempting to go back to my slumber all the while someone's coming in to my room.

There's a gentle tap on my shoulder. I didn't bother to switch positions so I pretend I'm asleep and hope whoever it is goes away. There's the touch again, I reluctantly turn over to see Mina standing there, close to the edge of my bed with her fingers fidgeting and rubbing against her other fingers. 

"What's wrong?" My eyelids are starting to become extremely heavy, it's hard to even keep one eye open to look at her and at this point. I'm starting to think I'm dreaming.

She hesitantly reaches out for my hand, once she has me by my wrist, she places my open palm in the middle of her chest to feel the rapid thump of her heartbeat. We stay like that for a few seconds before I try and pull away but her grip tightens slightly. 

"Did you have a nightmare or something?" Although her eyes are wide and her expression mimics that of someone being startled, she starts to blush. "It's okay. I get them sometimes. You can sleep with me or something. Whatever you need to do until you feel safe again or... yeah." 

It's taking so much strength of me to just open my mouth and say a single word but I have to make sure she's okay. Eventually, she releases my hand but continues to stand there, looking down at my sleep‐deprived self.

She shifts her weight from leg to leg until she decides to occupy the remaining large space on my bed. I can feel her eyes on me.

"What?" She keeps on obeserving me. When I swing my arm over to rub the back of her hand, she flinches. "I would never hurt you, Mina," I mumble, feeling the drowsiness taking over me. I can barely remember what I'm saying to her anymore and if I do say something, it's most likely coming out slurred, mumbled, and quiet.

"You will always be safe with me," I tell her and once my eyes close, they close for good and I drift back off to sleep.

The first thing I noticed when I wake up is how untouched my bed looks and the fact that my phone is on the bedside table when it should have been on the floor under my bed because I heard it fall... I even saw Mina in my bed!

She was laying right beside me in my arms! And now it's like it didn't even happen. I let out a disappointed sigh as I swing my legs over and rub at the cold skin on my bicep. 

"But she was right there," I grumble to myself as I absentmindedly scroll through already read messages and pictures. "Goddamn it, I'm going crazy. Well, it's more like she's driving me crazy. , look at me—I'm ing talking to myself now. Momo, just shut up." Upon loudly exhaling, Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter