Change

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's a lot more people here than I expected. When I make my way towards the field, I'm nearly knocked over by all the guys attacking me with a hug, complaining how bad they've felt ebout my injury. 

"She came!" Felix happily shouts with his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. I'm quite confused, I don't know why they're so happy to see me when they could've called or came over to my place for a round on Xbox; I've never seen the boys so affectionate before and while it is nice, it's weird as hell.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask. Jeongin scratches the back of his neck. 

"Everyone was convinced that you were going to quit and not show up. Coach knew you and Jeongyeon had misunderstanding, then you never once called to update him regarding your status on the team, so we all figured you'd quit." 

I nodded. That did make sense but what doesn't make sense is how I'm pretty sure that Han didn't mention about it when he came over to my house a few weeks ago. Me, Tiffany, and the boys all walk over to the bench where Coach is nervously tapping on a clipboard and fiddling with a pen. From what I can see, everyone is a nervous wreck, I'm proud to say because I'm not playing tonight. 

"Hirai!" Coach exclaims, setting down his clipboard and pen to take me in a big bear hug. "I thought we had seen the last of you." 

"Yeah, I heard. You sure do miss you had me on the team now, don't you?" I say nonchalantly and I begin to admire my nails very dramatically. " that one of my own teammate had to go and off me like that, don't you think?"

Coach's face is a deep shade of red, I can feel that he's torn on making a decision on something. He places a hand on my shoulder, the look in his eyes tell me that he's truly sorry for what happened.

"We all feel to blame."

The corners of my lips turned down to a frown, I pushed his hand off my shoulder. "All? You mean, that includes Jeongyeon?" 

He wipes at the small droplets of sweat already forming on his forehead, quickly glancing over at Jeongyeon who's staring at me and Tiffany. She's sitting on the far end of the bench and not to mention, she's the only one sitting on the bench. Everyone else is stretching or excitedly whispering about my return. 

"She never intended to hurt you, Momo." He leans forward and brings his voice to a quiet murmur. "I don't know what's been going on between you two but Jeongyeon has been out of it ever since you left. Every player I've got on this team is valuable, I can't afford to lose any of you. I'm not asking you to make up with her but I am asking that you at least get along with her for the sake of the team." 

Spitting on his face from holding back my laughter almost becomes a reality after he says that. Jeongyeon never liked me and I was actually okay with her, but insulting Mina and taking out my leg is an obvious sign that she's got something against me. I am not going to get along with her "for the sake of the team." We don't need her and I don't know how to make that any more clear. 

Me and Tiffany went our way back to the group of boys, they're very eager to talk to me.

"What's up with Jeongyeon?" My head jerks toward the bench. All the boys go quiet and avoid eye contact with me, Jeongin seems to be the only one willing to speak about her. 

"She feels really guilty. If all of our guilt were to be combined, it still wouldn't be able to beat how guilty she's feeling. I don't know if Coach told you but she's been acting really weird. I don't know how to describe it but there's something off about her." I nod and ruffle his hair. 

"Tiff?" I hear Chan's high voice call. Looking over at Tiffany, I see her whole face light up, the boy practically runs into her arms. "You're finally out! Oh, it's been forever since I've last seen y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter