Realize

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up with a major hangover and an unfathomable pain behind my eyes. When I sit up, all the blood comes rushing to my head that I had to get a good grip on my bedside table to steady myself and not topple over the side of my bed.

I have soccer practice. I mentally scold myself for letting Jihyo take me out in a club and do tequila shots; she knows I don't say no to a challenge and I did win but of course, that doesn't come without consequences. 

I'm rubbing my temples with my left hand while I read through the messages Jihyo left me after I got home. However, I did manage to do that when I don't even remember if she stayed the night or not. 

 

8:55 AM [Jihyo]: Hey babe, I wish I could've stayed with you this morning since you were so drunk last night but I had work early. Don't worry, I got you home safely and made sure your two tries were there to make sure you got to bed safely. Surprising enough, you're the quiet good drunk. I'll text you later to check up on you. 

 

Damn, I think to myself. She's such a good girlfriend. I groan and moan out of pain and soreness as I stand and continue to stretch on my way to the door and down the stairs to look for Minho.

Suddenly remembering the time, I scrabble to get back upstairs to take a bathe and get my soccer stuff ready to go when I heard Minho.

"There is no soccer practice today, Miss Hirai." I sigh a breath of relief and let the things I had bunched up in my arms fall to the ground.

"What happened? Was it because I overslept?" I'm heading back downstairs and Minho is already getting food for me ready. I feel like a complete , my head is killing me, and school starts in about three weeks; I am not looking forward to dealing with any of the underclassmen or having the guys and gals chasing after me, telling me how 'great of an honor it would be to be their girlfriend.' 

"You seemed to have crashed quick hard last night. I'm grateful Jihyo decided to drop you off and help you inside. I didn't know you resumed contact with her?" He places the plate of freshly warmed food in front of me and pours me a glass of water with two or three pills of some sort of medicine in it to help with the hangover. 

I shrug and take a bite of toast although it is half past three and it is far from breakfast time. "Things happened. She's my girlfriend now," I trail and Minho snorts. I pause in the middle of my eating to look up at him with an awestruck expression, he quickly gets to apologizing. 

"My sincere apology, Miss Hirai. I did not mean to offend you—" 

"You know something I don't. Tell me." 

He stares at me for a few seconds, tapping his foot and messing with the towel draped over his arm. I know he's going to say something I really don't want to hear at this moment in time. "I simply don't understand why you're dating her." He takes a seat diagonal to my place and gestures to take a drink of the medicated water. 

"Why not? Jihyo is nice, you saw it by yourself. She took good care of me last night when I was drunk off my last night." I resume eating, my headache slowly begins to go away. He laughs and shakes his head, eyes closed before he opens them again and looks at me like I was just born. "Because you are in love with Mina." 

"I am not! If I was, would I be going out with Jihyo? Mina doesn't even speak for God's sake!" I yell out of frustration. Minho is not phased in the slightest and he continues to look at me with this smug grin and a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, I did like her but I'm not in love with her. Whoa, Minho. Let's face the facts and be rational here, shall we?" Another sip of water.

"Miss Hirai, Mina not communicating has not stopped you from advancing on her. You should also know that I am completely reasonable and rational. And yes, you would be going out with Jihyo because you have probably convinced yourself that your feelings for her are unrequited. You always forget that I have watched you grow and took care of you from your day of birth. I know you well enough to know your own personal feelings, even if you do not." 

I was right... he told me something I really wasn't in the mood to hear.

As much as I hate to admit it, he was totally spot on about everything. I'm frustrated to the point where I want to stop liking her and get on with my life because I'm spending too much of my life and mental capability thinking about her, dreaming about her, wishing I could kiss her and spoil her like the love of my life she's supposed to be. 

If I can't have her, I don't want her filling up my mind with images of her. It's only going to take some more time for me to get over Mina, and with Jihyo being my girlfriend, it should be an easy task.

Jihyo is beautiful, charming, nice and considerate, I'm lucky to have her as a girlfriend. She takes care of me and is an independent woman which is always a plus turn‐on for me. Me and her can definitely make it work, that's what I was planning on doing since the day I asked her out on that date with me. 

The conversation between me and Minho doesn't carry on any longer. He refills my glass before taking my empty plate and allowing me to go back upstairs.

I later call Felix and Han over to hang out, I don't want to feel like crap for the rest of the day. I haven't talked to them in a while even during practice. Minho lets them in when they show up, and soon enough they're invading my room, hopping on my bed to play Xbox and go off at the mouth about some drama involving Dahyun and Changbin. 

"So what's new with you, Mo?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter