Touch

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How are they doing?" I ask Minho as I watch over him and Mina have the food prepared. "I've wary of going out for my morning jogs ever since. I don't want to leave and then something happens while I'm not here. Hell, who knows what would've happened if I didn't show up when I did." He nods and continues to finely chop up pieces of pale pink chicken . 

"All I can do is thank you, Miss. Hirai." He looks up at me with a smile. "Surely, I will attempt to hold conversation with your father. Maybe a little separation from Mrs. Hirai is in order." He hands the pieces of chicken to Mina who places it in a foil container. 

While I'm talking to Minho, I can see her looking over at me. I mean, it's nothing weird for her to stare at me but she's been doing it more than usual.

After checking the time on my phone, I grab my jacket from a chair in the dining room. "I have soccer practice soon. I'm anticipating that food later on," I say with emphasis from my finger jabbing towards the foil container. Minho lets out a small chuckle and with one last wave, I'm on my way to the soccer field. 

As soon as I pull up and I set my bag down on the bench, Jeongyeon approaches me. 

"Hey," she starts and she's staring down at her fidgeting fingers. "I'm sorry about what happened the—" 

"I don't care." I cut her off, the look on her face truly reads that she's sorry.

Her regret has no effect on me because she shouldn't have been insulting me or Mina. Just because Mina is a try, doesn't give her the right to mock her like she's not even human. Even under the circumstances that she wasn't a person, that still wouldn't give her the right. I find it funny how she fails to realize that. 

"Momo, I'm trying to apologize." 

I scoff as I pull up my socks. "I don't need your apology. I don't want your apology. That's all I'm going to say about it."

Tears start to well in her eyes. Shaking my head, I proceeded to the center of the field.

Why is she crying?

She hasn't moved from her place at the bench, she currently has Changbin and a few other people trying to console her, rubbing her back while she cries in to her hands. 

"Don't you think you could have gone a bit easier on her?" Felix whispers to me during our ten minutes of stretching. "She's really sorry, Mo." He looks past me. Gritting my teeth as I hear her sniffles and the hushed voices of the people surrounding her.

I am literally the only one she's cried over and I'm quite positive that it's because I'm Hirai Momo. If it was Felix that yelled and threatened her, she would take whatever it is he said with a grain of salt. 

"We're talking about that , right?" Pointing at Jeongyeon, without a care if she sees me aiming at her or not.

"Momo." 

"I'm just clarifying." 

Felix sighs. "Yes, Mo, we're talking about her." 

I straighten up to stretch out my back. "Alright, just making sure because you have me ed up if you think I give a damn as to how she feels. You know, if I really wanted to make you cry, I could always bring up the fact that her family's worth had been decreased so much that she almost ended up in Tayvler, but with some help from their distant relatives, she was able to stay in Stacia. Now tell me I'm not being nice." Felix is quiet, his eyes have gone wide which means I win this argument. 

Coach blows his whistle and everyone makes their way over to him; I'm still stretching out my arms. "Next month we have a game against a team in Anem and although they are beneath us, they are one he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter