Parallel

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Give me one reason as to why I shouldn't fire you right now!" I spat in Minho's face with a fistful of his used to be wrinkle free suit in my hand. "Because of you, I thought all of this absolutely amazing happened last night... but it didn't. You ruined everything! I thought I finally had her!" As soon as I say that, I let go of him and my eyes go wide.

He brushes off his suit and looks back up at me with a raised eyebrow. He motions to the couch, I reluctantly take a seat as my face and ears burn red. I don't make the effort to meet his eyes after my little confession as I sit there, twiddling my thumbs and playing with the zipper on my jacket, waiting for him to say something so that it's not as awkward anymore. 

"Oh, Miss Hirai," he lets out this sigh that replicates the smug plastered on his face right now. "Do you understand that you can land you and your family in some serious trouble by having feelings or being romantically or ually involved with a try?" 

I roll my eyes. "No, I can't. It's look down upon, yeah, but I can't get in trouble for it happening. Plus we have the money and lawyers on standby in case they want to take it to court. I will dogfight my way to get her in any way, shape, or form." I didn't realized I said the last part through gritted teeth and I get an unexpected rub on my head from Minho. 

Smiling, he sits down on the coffee table in front of the couch I'm seated on. He takes an index finger and places it under my chin to make me look at him. "I'm glad you've finally come terms with your feelings for Mina, Miss Hirai." He chuckles lowly at my eyes narrowing at him. 

I slap his hand away. "What's that supposed to mean? You probably had no clue until I said something about it just a few minutes ago." I cross my arms against my chest and lean back into the couch.

The thought that Mina might be around someplace where she can hear us talking dawns on me for a quick second but my rage towards Minho shoos the thought away in the same instant. 

"Miss Hirai, I know you as well, if not better, than your own father and mother do. I pardon myself for speaking about your father in that way but it's the truth. I knew you had developed feelings for her months about by the way your eyes lingered on her for more than usual and, of course, the one day where the boys came over and you locked them out of your room for making inappropriate remarks about her. You're not that much of a secretive person, you know." I wave him off. 

"That still doesn't explain why you would drug me. After all these years, you decided to sabotage me and stab me in the back like that. I thought I could trust you... you liar."

Minho shakes his head and laughs, actually laughs at me. "Do you hear yourself right now, Miss Hirai? I did not lie to you about anything, you can still and always trust me. I haven't gone off and told Mina about your feelings for her. I drugged you for a reason. You've come to understand what it is you want truly, right?" 

I grumble to myself in Ti‐um as he furrows his eyebrows. "Yes, I do understand. Still, I don't get why you needed to do all that. From the get go, I knew that I wanted her. From the minute I laid eyes on her, I knew I wanted her. Everything was crystal clear from the start." 

Shaking his head, he stands and walks over to the fireplace to light it since we tend to get weird cold spells here in Cavna during August. I can see in the way he looks over at me, closes his eyes for a bit too long.

"Answer this question, you didn't, for a second, rethink the point of you having feelings for Mina? You mean to tell me that you never questioned why it was that you continued to chase after her? You, in no way, wondered why it had to be a try that you fell in love with?" I don't say anything and he shrugs, that damn smug look is on his face again.

I exhaled loudly and exaggeratedly as he brings my outstretched arm a snack. "Fine," I tell him and I take a big bite of the red apple he handed me. "You were right, I understand your reasoning for doing it, but that doesn't mean I can't be happy about it. I sorted my feelings, realized what I wanted, but now what?" He winks at me and begin to move towards the back of the house where he sleeps and relaxes when he's not working. 

"You already know what it is you have to do, Miss Hirai. I will be awaiting the moment where you two finally realized you're meant to be," he says before I hear the lock to his bedroom door click into place.

Where you two finally realized you're meant to be, I repeat in my head as my eyes fixate on the core of the apple I have in my hand. 

I didn't even expect to be at this party and yet, here I am. I feel a little too dressed up as I watch all these girls enter Jeongyeon's house with their asses barely covered and their s nearly popping out the v‐cut of their shirts. The guys aren't doing any better themselves with some of them not even b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter