Communication

Unvoiced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Please bring forth the next try," The announcer calls through the microphone on his podium.

I obnoxiously yawn and lean back in my chair, feet crossing and resting on the top of another bidder's chair. My parents glare at me but continue to watch as the try walks forward and stands on the platform with her head down and hands neatly clasped together, lain against the top of her thighs.

I immediately lean forward and attempt to take in as much of her presence as I can. 

"I want her," I whisper. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my mom nudge my father and lean over to quietly discuss something. 

"Myoui Mina, 20, and female. She is known for her lack of spoken communication but is extremely obedient and complies to every command whether it be of sensual motive or orderly. The bidding will begin at $3,500." Once the announcer finishes his description of her, the bid mayor begins to rapidly call out the numbers of the increasing prices. 

"I want her," I say again and I glance over at my parents who are still talking over something. 

"Going once," the bid mayor calls out. "Twice!" 

"$500,000!" My mother shouts calmly with her paddle firmly raised.

With my mouth slightly agape, I look back and forth between the announcer, my mother, and the rest of the other bidders with shock written across their face. The announcer looks over the crowd before calling out 'Going once!'. 

"Myoui Mina, sold for half a million. You can take your place by their side." My eyes never leave her slim body as I watch her walk towards us, her head still down and her hands clasped together, with a blank mind and an open mouth.

She stands next to me. I can smell the scent of her shampoo emitting from her long, red hair. I want to say something, I want to hear her speak, I want her to like me. 

"You don't look 20," I state awkwardly and in response, I get a small nod.

She never bothered to look up at me, I wonder whether or not she's as nervous as I am. Hell, I didn't even know why I was nervous because she was to serve me, and me only. With the power I held over her, why the hell was I nervous?

See, we don't live in one of those worlds where the vampires or the supernaturals rule over society. We're all humans here but of high status. If you're born into royalty, you get the benefits of royalty.

All that vampire crap? Don't believe it. It's absolute bull and they don't even exist.

When I was younger, I would always go online and read those stories, until my 11th birthday, I thought that was how the world worked and why I was able to have all the lower pezs practically kiss the ground I walked on. In short, we're rich and powerful—that's all there is to it. 

The bidder closes the session and we stand to leave. My mother and father decide to let me and Mina ride home together. They left alone in the car they came in while we take the car they sent for us.

Mina immediately stopped me as I reach for the door handle, she opens it for me. I stare at her in awe as she closes it and make her way over to her side of the car. While I did expect to be treated for the status I have, that was just too much.

I'm quite capable of opening my own door, thanks, but it is a part of her job description of servitude so...

I can't stop staring at her and if it wasn't for the slight rise and fall of her chest, I would have thought she was frozen. She's so still and quiet, I don't know what the to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter