Chapter 23

My Wacky Life

 

When we pulled up to my house, ~~~~~ immediately jumped out of the truck and ran to my front door. It was unlocked so she ran inside so I lost sight of her. I took my time, however, getting to the door. When I did, I saw ~~~~ laying on my couch, fast asleep. I walked over to grab a blanket and cover her up with it. Then, I walked to my computer and turned it on. I never leave it on because that wastes energy. I'm trying to be green(Note the sarcasm). Anyway, I turned it on to check my e-mail. As always, it's filled with either junk, spam, or e-mails from over excited fans. As I clicked through it all I noticed one e-mail from Yukari. I opened and read it:

Chunji,

I just wanted you to know that I really like you. I've had a major crush on you since you came to our school. Since I'm off pursuing my career, I can only ask you this through e-mail. I'm asking if you wanted to meet me somewhere and get some coffee or something like that. If you don't e-mail me back then I know it's a no. Please don't think my e-mail is from a crazy fan. ^-^

Yukari

I clicked on it and immediately deleted it. I never liked her anyway. She's kind of strange. . . and hyper. By the time I got finished cleaning out my inbox, it was about time for lunch. My stomach was practically barking at me. I got up and went to my kitchen. I was never much of a cook so I just settled for some crackers and milk. Not much of a lunch but hey. I went to sit on my couch beside ~~~~~ and watch tv. I flipped through the channels while munching on my snack. After I had been watching tv for about two hours, ~~~~~ started talking in her sleep. ". . .Chunji. . .Neil. . . L.Joe. . ." I looked over and saw her sweating and tossing and turning around. I raised my eyebrows. Then suddenly she shot straight up, eyes wide open and panting. "~~~~? Are you okay?" I asked. She focused her eyes on my face and nodded. "Yeah. Just a bad dream." I rubbed her back, trying to comfort her. "You slept for a long time." I noted. She laughed. "Yeah. I've been very tired lately." She smiled that innocent little smile that I just realized I loved.

* * *

"Oh, by the way, your little friend e-mailed me yesterday. I just read it a couple hours ago." I said. ~~~~~ looked up from the noodles she made herself. "Yukari? She did? What did she say?" "You know, you have very soft skin. And very beautful hair." I said, trying to change the subject. I immediately regretted bringing up Yukari. "Thank you. Now please tell me what she said to you." "Fine. She asked me out on a date." She just sat there, staring out in space. "Hello? Are you in there?" I waved my hand in front of her face. "I'm a horrible friend." She mumbled. "What?" "I said, I'm a horrible friend." I was confused. "Why are you a horrible friend?" "Because! I completely forgot that Yukari is head over heels for you! Oh my gosh I'm so horrible. Just wait until she finds out! She's gonna kill me!" ~~~~~ got up and started pacing around my livingroom. "Hold on just a sec. Sit down. You're not a horrible friend. You can't help what feelings you have towards other people. It just happens. It's not your fault." I explained. "You always know what to say." She smiled. "I know. That's what you love about me isn't it." It wasn't a question. I knew she loved it. "But, seriously. What am I going to do when she finds out that we're together? What do I do?" I thought about that. "To be honest, I don't even know. That's never happened to me. I always give advice based on experience." "Ugh. Of course you do." She pouted. I poked her bottom lip. "Cheer up. It's not the end of the world. Say, do you wanna do something?" She looked up at me. "Like what?" I smiled. "Like snuggle in my bed?" She smiled that cute smile again. "Okay."

We spent pretty much the rest of the day like that. Just laying around the house but mostly in my bed all snuggled up close to each other. I haven't told her this but, it feels so right when I'm around her. Like nothing else matters. It's just me and her all the time. I really do love her. I just haven't told her yet.