Chapter 19

My Wacky Life

"Neil?" "Yes?" replied the most beautiful voice in the world. "Do you love me?" He laughed. "I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you." You smiled slightly. "Do YOU love me?" He asked quietly. You shifted you wieght uncomfortably. "I. . .love L.Joe. But I-I also love you," you mumbled under your breath. "I really do love L.Joe. I love him with a burning passion but, I also, atleast I think, I love you. I can't stay away from either of you. Does that make sense?" You looked up to find Neil playing with you hair. "It's okay. You're confused. I get it." "You do? You do know that I love you right?" "Yes, I know that," he smiled.

"You know we're supposed to be studying right?" You said. Neil laughed. "Yeah. I know. I just always get caught up in how beautiful you are." You giggled. "Thank you." He leaned in slowly, as if unsure, to kiss you cheek. His lips lingered on you cheekbone; you closed your eyes and lean into it.

Suddenly the doorbell startles you both out of your trances. "I'll get it," he whispered and got up to answer the door.

Neil's POV

I walked over to the front door-which is at the other end of the house from where I was. The doorbell rang again and again. "Alright! Alright! I'm comin'." I mumbled as I opened the door. I expected it to be the mailman but when I opened it I froze. Standing in front of me was my ex-girlfriend, Jessica. The one that broke up with me a couple weeks ago. "Hi Niel. Do you have a minute? I'd like to talk to you." I blinked. "Look, Jess, I can't talk right now. Wait. Why are you even here? You broke up with me." She took one step closer to me. "Oh, Neil. I was young back then. I was stupid. But I've realized now that you're the man for me." She had her arms wounding their way around my neck. "Listen, Jessica. I don't like you anymore. You left me. Now I"ve found someone new." Her eyes grew round. "What? You found another girl? Who?" I grabbed her shoulders and directed her towards the door. "Oh, no. I'm not leaving. She's here isn't she? I want to meet her. I'm not leaving until I meet her." She started to walk towards my room. "Jessica! Leave me alone!"

Your POV

You wonder what's taking Neil so long to get back from answering the door. You were sitting on the floor in front of the bed, playing with your hair. All of sudden you hear footsteps and Neil yelling, "Jessica! Leave me alone!" You stand up and get closer to the door. When you get right in front of it it flies open, the doorknob hitting you in the stomach. The blow sends you to the floor. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" You hear a female voice say to you. "~~~~~?! Are you okay?!" Neil was shaking you and trying to get you to sit up. You finally find your voice a few minutes later. "Neil...I'm fine. Help me up." He helps you onto his bed. The girl who must've opened the door was standing over you. "Are you okay? I didn't know you were that close to the door. I'm really sorry." Neil looked over to the girl. "Jess, give it a rest will you?" The girl shut . "~~~~, are you okay?" Niel asked you. "Yes. I'll just have a major bruise."  

"Okay, good. Oh, and ~~~~~ this is Jessica. She's the one who hit you with the door." He gestured to the girl standing next to him. "She's also my ex-girlfriend." You sat up. "The one that made you really sad when I first met you?" Neil coughed and scratched his head. "Uh, maybe you should lie down for a while." "I don't want to. I thought we were going to study." You whined. "Well, Jessica. Are you happy now? You've met her and you hurt her. You can go now." Jessica looked down and was playing with the hem of her mini skirt. "I'm sorry I hit your girlfriend with a door." She mumbled and shuffled out the door. "What? You told her I was your girlfriend?" He looked down. "Oh, yeah. About that..." You put a finger up to his mouth. "Save it. Right now you can help me get to your kitchen. I'm hungry and my side hurts." He laughed and helped you off the bed.