Chapter 18

My Wacky Life

So, ~~~~, would you like to, I don't know, get something to eat with me later?" Neil asked as you and him were walking from school. You were going to help Neil with his math. Everyone knew he was the smartest kid in school so why he would need tutoring is beyond you. "Oh, uh, yeah. Sure. That'd be cool." You reply smoothly. "Great! I mean, I, uh, don't like you like that anymore 'cause you know, I'm seeing someone else," He said pretending to adjust his sleeve. You looked at him. "Oh? You are? Who is she? Have the guys met her yet? Can I meet her? What does she look like? Is she pretty? Where does she live? What's her name?" Neil put a hand over your mouth. "Please. Be. Quiet. You talk too much and too fast and you're giving me a headache. So, please. Shut. Up." You blinked your eyes. You've never seen Neil tell anyone to shut up before. He slowly removed his Hans from your mouth. "Afre you going to be quiet now?" you nodded. "Good. Now, I'm going to let go and you're not going to talk for the rest of the walk to my house. Do you understand?" You nodded once more. He finally moved his hand and you kept quiet. He smiled. You smirked and opened your mouth and said, "I LOVE TEEN TOP!" Neil shot a look at you and you closed your mouth. 

For the rest of the 20 minute walk you kept your mouth shut for fear that Neil was going to put you in a head lock or duct tape your mouth shut. When you finally got to Neil's house, it was already half past four. "Wow. It's that late already?" You ask glancing at your cell phone. "Yeah. My house is pretty far from the school." "I can see that/" You said walking to his front door. You stood by the door, waiting for Neil. You weren't sure whether you should just go in or wait for him, so you waited. "It's such a nice day out. Why don't we study outside?" Neil asked unlocking the door. You shook you head. "No. It's too cold for me today. Let's just stay inside. Is that okay? I mean we can study outside if you want." He laughed. "No, no. It's fine. If you want to stay inside then I want to stay inside."

You smiled and walked to his bedroom. You remeber the last time you were in Neil's room. It was such a sad time then. But, you two have patched it up between each other. You go and sit on his bed. "Neil? Where are you?" You asked when he didn't come after a few minutes. Then you heard footsteps outside in the hallway. "Hey. Sorry I had to something really quick." You let out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding. "It's fine. Should we get started?" "Hm? Oh, yeah. Sure." You pull out you math notebook and binder. "So, how are you and L.Joe doing?" He asked, doodling on his paper. "Uh, we're doing fine. Thanks for asking." You shuffled papers uncomfortably. "I'm sorry for making it awkward. I was just trying to make..." You just stopped listening. You could still hear his beautiful voice but couldn't make out any words. His eyes are so beautiful, you thought. He suddenly stopped talking. You suddenly wonder if you said that out loud. "~~~~?" "Did I say that out loud?" You whispered. Neil just nodded. Closing your eyes, you just sigh. You sat in silence for a few minutes. Finally, Neil spoke. "You really think my eyes are beautiful?" You picked you head up and looked at him. "I really do." You whispered. "You're not mad that I said it?" He laughed. "Why would I be? It's a compliment." "Oh, well I just thought that if I told you, you would get mad because you could think that I like you but I said that I didn't and-" He cut you off by clasping his lips onto yours. Out of shock you just sat there. Then, as if you've been craving his kiss your whole life, you felt complete. You felt the need to complete the kiss. Afterall, you can't have a one sided kiss. Your lips soon started to move in unison with his. Your eyes closed as you enjoyed the moment.