sonnet_sartori

TRIPLE A ARCHIVE [REVIEWS]
 

recalclating ip
..
.
...
access confirmed

#entry {
   pick-up:review;
   analyzer:agent0307;
   date:22-03-2016;
       }


#summary{
Kibum is synaesthesiac. His brain processes sounds as colours. Every sound he hears, each vibration that his ultra-sensitive ears pick up, makes him see light- flashes, ribbons, patterns, spots. His condition may sound beautiful, but Kibum would rather be blind- he would rather be deaf. Enter Jonghyun. The man with a voice of gold. The man who makes Kibum fall for the beauty of his colours. The man who falls for Kibum. }

 

< The Colour of Music by sonnet_sartori >

TITLE (7/10)
       You did a good job in creating a connection between the plotline and the title, but I wonder why you chose “music” rather than “sound”, or something like that. It seems as if sound in general has more of an impact on the story than “music”, or perhaps you just chose that title in reference to Jonghyun’s song?

 

FOREWORD & DESCRIPTION (8/10)
       It adequately sets the reader up with enough knowledge to know what they’re going to read, and the way you wrote it leaves room for the unknown. The only issue I found was that there was no mention of an antagonist, or any sort of issue that might arise. Typically, even in romance stories, there’s always that what if factor that hints at a bigger picture than what is initially shown, but, although the description is nice, it seemed to lack a certain touch of impending doom.

 

CHARACTERIZATION (11/15)
      Authors tend to have a lot of trouble with making characters three dimensional, and you, even if you’re close to doing it, share the same issue. For future reference, to make a character seem truly alive, you need to include the whole package; you need to make them relatable. Jonghyun and Kibum both seemed pretty believable, but there wasn’t enough information to close the gap between fictional and real.

 

PLOT (25/30)

    I thought the plot had a very intriguing center, with the whole synesthesia concept, however it felt as if the and resolution was a little bit too rushed. It would have been nice if the antagonist were introduced a little bit earlier on, so that readers can grow accustomed to his presence. The way he’s just tossed into the mix in the last few chapters doesn’t really give enough time for the stress of Kibum’s well-being to kick-in, and rather than being on the edge of my seat throughout their fight, I was rather…bemused as to why things suddenly started happening so quickly.

       

FLOW (7/10)
     You established a steady rhythm which stayed pretty consistent throughout the duration of the story, and I found it interesting how sometimes, the way things were written and put together, it was like reading one of those poems that don’t actually rhyme? I’m saying that in a good way though. It’s not often that you find a story that just sinks in, where it’s almost as if you aren’t actually reading it, rather your body is absorbing the words. However, due to your writing style, there are some spots that are choppy, since you do not really give any setting, detail, or extra piece of information that allows readers to immerse themselves in the story. It was really all up to the reader to imagine everything, and although in certain cases that isn’t a bad thing, when a whole story is written in such a manner, the story loses its charm.

 

WRITING STYLE (3/5)

      There wasn’t anything particularly fancy about your writing style, and even though it’s rather comforting not having fancy words or descriptions everywhere, sometimes the text became empty.

 

OVERALL ENJOYMENT (3/5)
   As I said, very nice concept, and for the most part, but still the plot seemed a bit rushed at the end, and even if the story was usually smooth, the absence of detail removed enjoyment from the overall experience

 #note

none.

Remember to credit properly and always leave credits on your foreword or description as long as AAA is active and running. use credit badge from the "credit aaa link. on the badge apply a redirectable link back to the agency. 

Do not change review score or alter the reviewer's words in anyway. This notion is strictly prohibited by any client. it is disrespectful and dishonest towards your readers and the aff community. reminder that a score from aaa is simply an analysts opinion. analysts review unbiasedly, truthfully and purposefully for authors to improve the shortcomings of their works. 

loading links.. ...... 34%

total:79/100