KangminBread

TRIPLE A ARCHIVE [REVIEWS]
 

recalclating ip
..
.
...
access confirmed

#entry {
   pick-up:review;
   analyzer:agent0721;
   date:30-03-2016;
       }


#summary{
Some wait a lifetime to find love. Others wait for the next to live it.Werewolf/hunter romance AU starring Sungmin and Kangin of Super Junior }

 

beast et beauty by kangminbread

TITLE (7/10)
       In the application, you told me to not pay attention to the correlation with Beauty and the Beast, which I think made it a much easier read than constantly comparing it as a spin-off. You also implied that there was a meaning behind this title, but honestly I did not find it. Youngwoon was the beast/werewolf, but the beauty part lost me with Sungmin. Though he may be handsome, it was not an emphasized factor in his personality. Maybe his later role as a Hunter could be an alternative? However, it still does draw attention from the beginning because it sounds like the original fairytale but it’s different as well. If you were to change the title, I think Black Rose would also be neat because it had a significant meaning in the story.

 

FOREWORD & DESCRIPTION (8/15)
       First, I like your layout as it gave off a very medieval kind of aura but showed that you had put work into this story. I’m very impressed at how you’ve revised it so much and have had so many reviews. It shows your hard work at improving stories a lot! The first time I looked at your foreword, I was a bit overwhelmed. The font is too big for me and the whole foreword does seem a bit long and cliche. When I read the description after reading the story, it instantly makes a lot more sense after reading the whole story especially the lines: Some wait a lifetime to find love. Others wait for the next to live it. I think it does imply a bit of foreshadowing to draw the reader in, but doesn’t give away too much either.
      For the foreword, because you’re using Sungmin’s name, it’s pretty confusing when you start the first chapter and read about Sungmin. Because I was trying to fit the foreword into the modern day, at first it was hard for me to understand why Sungmin didn’t know this wolf was when he had saved it and etc. I’d say to use ‘he’ instead of Sungmin in the foreword so that the identity is mysterious, but reveals itself through the story. However, either way it adds a good amount of suspense and curiosity into your story which is to be applauded.

 

CHARACTERIZATION (20/20)
      You didn’t have many characters in your story, which makes it easier to bring out the two main character’s emotions and thoughts. In the last few chapters, though, there is an overwhelming amount of introductions which makes it feel a bit rushed. However, by the end of the story, I could see how Sungmin’s character development had changed over the story because of Youngwoon. Youngwoon personality was mellow and gentle which contrasted nicely of Sungmin’s, maybe, naivety in the beginning? It was sort of funny in the end where Sungmin was the older one instead of Youngwoon being like 400 years older.

 

PLOT (28/30)

    I really enjoyed in your story how everything, from beginning to end, tied together. There were no inconsistencies I caught and, as a whole, the plot is very appealing. It’s simple in a way, with a werewolf x human plot, but also the backstory of Youngwoon past gives it an extra spice. I also thought you ended it very nicely by not making them together instantly, but having a bit of hardship until they were able to be together. That said, I did think there could have been more scenes between the time that Youngwoon became a werewolf and found out who Sungmin really was and them ending up together. I thought the last chapter could’ve been split into two to make it very thorough and tied up. Still, it was satisfying end for me as a reader.

       

FLOW (8/10)
     I’ve mentioned this in some other categories, but at times your story seemed rushed. For example, while Sungmin was training, I thought it would be nice to have maybe a chapter from his view of how life was for him, who he met, etc. I’d like to see a bit more of action scenes to balance out with how descriptive it was. What’s good is that I was never confused about what was happening :)

 

WRITING STYLE (5/5)

      There were very few mistakes in grammar in your story, which makes it much, much easier for readers when going through your story. Occasionally, there were compound sentences with no comma that were confusing. Also, there are a lot of sentences that could be combined to move the story along and give variety to sentence structure. If you wanted to improve your story even more, just adding in a more advanced vocabulary could really help with imagery or tone. Apart from dialogue, I would stay away from words like ‘really’, ‘just’, or ‘like’.

 

GRAPHIC (3/5)

      I’m not a graphic designer, so I will give my review in this category based on a first impression. It sort of looks cheesy, as if no effort was put in except to add a png of a sword and few roses here and there. There’s no author, characters, quote to bring interest for the reader when they’re just browsing through. I think this is unfair, seeing that you have put in a lot of work for this fic based on the four editions it has gone through. It definitely ties in though, with the Black Rose sword and roses. There’s no implication of a beast or werewolf except for the title, though. I think it’d be good for you to get a new graphic for this story ^-^ (*cough* our Agency *cough*)

 

OVERALL ENJOYMENT (5/5)
   In conclusion, I enjoyed this story a lot more than I thought I would. There was romance, action, a bit of fluff and angst - genres that have to be balanced well in order to create a beautiful story which you did. I could clearly see the chapters in my head, showing that the descriptions you wrote paid off and the ending was very well thought out as well. I look forward to reading your upcoming stories :D

 #note

Hope you enjoyed this review ~ I really liked reading your story as I have never read a Kangmin fic :) Good luck for your stories in the future :D

Remember to credit properly and always leave credits on your foreword or description as long as AAA is active and running. use credit badge from the "credit aaa link. on the badge apply a redirectable link back to the agency. 

Do not change review score or alter the reviewer's words in anyway. This notion is strictly prohibited by any client. it is disrespectful and dishonest towards your readers and the aff community. reminder that a score from aaa is simply an analysts opinion. analysts review unbiasedly, truthfully and purposefully for authors to improve the shortcomings of their works. 

loading links.. ...... 34%

total:88/100