srstaeny

TRIPLE A ARCHIVE [REVIEWS]
 

recalclating ip
..
.
...
access confirmed

#entry {
   pick-up:review;
   analyzer:agent0115;
   date:16-03-2016;
       }


#summary{
Taeyeon had secretly loved Tiffany, her best friend since their second year in university. But since she did not want to put their friendship at stake. She could only say and show her love on Valentine's day. She kept giving surprise gifts on every Valentine's day they spent together and wrote it in her journal for her to remember.        }

 

< OVER HEART by SRSTAeny >

TITLE (10/10)
       The title isn't very common and even with the title being apart of a song it is creative since the song is weaves into the fic later on and the plot of the story also follows the theme of the song. It tied in very nicely, very impressive. It was actually a surprise when the song lyrics popped up in the story later on and how the feelings of Taeyeon were synching up with the lyrics. It is a title that does grab people's attention and makes them wonder, even if the song is unknown to them. Fantastic choice.

 

FOREWORD & DESCRIPTION (7/10)
       There was only a minor error in grammar. "On" is not needed in either of the first two sentences. And while other than that, they are technically correct. If you want them to flow better you can leave off words such as 'gifts'. "What kind of best friend gives me surprises every Valentine's Day?" And this is just me being picky but if you take out that Tiffany said that, it will heighten curiosity. Leaving people with question of "who is saying this?" and the want to read further to see what the fic has in store.

    Other than the error of grammar the title is very good. The main theme of the story was determined and presented but not in a way that gives away the entire plot of the story, asked questions that left people wanting answers and kept it short. No one wants to read a long summary of the fic they are about to read.

 

SPELLING & GRAMMAR (8/20)
      So first, the term "Fany-ah" was used a lot. Sometimes incorrectly. You only use the term "ah" after someone's name if you are calling them or talking to them like "Fany-ah what are you doing?" but it shouldn't be used if you are talking about them like "I can't believe Fany-ah did that." As for the rest, I noticed that you had a beta for this story but were still several mistakes. Many words were misspelled; such as "caming" instead of "coming" and "anyeone" instead of "anyone". Make sure to keep an eye out on your preposition and determiner use, some of them were incorrect.

 

     You used a large amount of passive voice too such as "was heard" or "is adjusted" and also "will be accompanied." If you change it to active voice, the story will be clearer and easier to read.

An example of this would be...

Passive voice: This house was built by my father.

Active voice: My father built this house.

Other than the passive voice, word choice (strong adjectives are GOOD, very good) and punctuations were main problems. Whenever you did use commas and semicolons with your compound and complex sentences, there were several errors with punctuating them correctly.
 

CHARACTERIZATION (9/15)
    I didn't see much difference in how Tiffany and Taeyeon acted, there weren't any character quirks to set them apart. I couldn't pinpoint anything that made either one of them a definite character. For a two shot, characters have the time to be fleshed out, take your time and don't skimp on the character development and personality. They also didn't act the ages that they are supposed to be in the fic, the felt very young and not the women that they should be written as. Both at least had growth, even though it was similar, with realizing their feelings towards each other.

    Other than that, their personalities were a bit bland and because of the lack of character depth I couldn't connect with them; even with a scene that should have me feeling for one of them, I couldn't bring myself to. The scene where Tiffany was on a date and Taeyeon was singing was a pivotal point and should have held a lot of emotion, the only emotion I felt was from the song and not the characters that should have been feeling a great deal during that time, it should have been magical and the readers should be able to see that.

 

 

PLOT (19/30)


       Even if some of it was cliché, I did enjoy the fact that Taeyeon would express her feelings for Tiffany on Valentine's Day. I thought it was really cute and I haven't seen it done like that before. There was a beginning, conflict, resolution and an end. You didn't leave any loose strings open. All the questions were answered. But the where Tiffany confessed that she loved Taeyeon as well and had read her journal was a bit lacking. The end was generic but it surved it's purpose by tying up the conflict.

       

     With the second part, it was nice to see how Tiffany was feeling during the flashbacks in the previous chapter. It also gave anyone who was interested a look into Taeyeon and Tiffany's lives post confession. It was a cute idea to for Tiffany to mirror Taeyon's ideas of previous Valetine's Days. Overall, the chapters a bit lackluster and easily forgettable. The two parts that stood out to me was during Taeyeon's song since I found it interesting how it tied in with the title and Tiffany's peculiar present for Taeyeon because it was shocking.


FLOW (4/5)
     The main problem with the flow of the story is that it wasn't phone friendly and even on the computer, some times I forgot if I was reading a flashback from Taeyeon's journal or not. That could be easily fixed with italics or a change in tense. Because other than the confusion of that it flowed rather well.  The flashbacks were well placed and gives the reader information on a
previous Valentine's Day that you need for later on in the fic.

 

WRITING STYLE(2/5)

      There was a lot dialogue and I didn't feel like the descriptive paragraphs were too descriptive. The sentences were all rather similar and tended to start with "She" or one of the characters names or "there". Strong adjectives were scarce and the sentence structures were all rather simple. The writing style really brought the level of the story down. It could easily be fixed by googling synonyms for bland adjectives and combining sentences with conjunctions, commas and semi-colon's.

   Also rewording certain sentences so they don't begin with "there", I also have this problem as well so you aren't alone. It's so easy to use the word "there" to start sentences but it is also just as easy to reread your story and change it. There were a few times the sentences were too wordy.

 

OVERALL ENJOYMENT (2/5)
   I enjoyed how the title fit in with the story and found it very creative, there were some cute plot points that I found unique but it was overall rather forgetting. The writing style, grammar, spelling and characters also hit the story hard in terms of score.

 #note

Please, please get another beta! One that will help you with all of the things the one you had for this story didn't. This could really be a lovely fic with some changes.

Remember to credit properly and always leave credits on your foreword or description as long as AAA is active and running. use credit badge from the "credit aaa link. on the badge apply a redirectable link back to the agency. 

Do not change review score or alter the reviewer's words in anyway. This notion is strictly prohibited by any client. it is disrespectful and dishonest towards your readers and the aff community. reminder that a score from aaa is simply an analysts opinion. analysts review unbiasedly, truthfully and purposefully for authors to improve the shortcomings of their works. 

loading links.. ...... 34%

total:61/100