Boy who cried wolf

Let's play pretend

"Want to come over tomorrow?"

Jihoon choked on his noodles. The two Directors were having dinner together in a small restaurant near their office. Jihoon was unwilling to stop working on his unfinished proposal, but Soonyoung had insisted. He refused to leave the office unless Jihoon had dinner with him, belting out random SHINee songs every five seconds. Jihoon was annoyed as hell, but now he was ever so grateful as he gulped the warm soup. He hadn't realised how hungry he was. 

"What?!" Jihoon gasped, cheeks burning red.

Soonyoung chuckled at Jihoon's response, "What are you thinking about Lee? I meant want to come over and watch a movie? You can stay the night if it gets too late. I have a spare room."

Clearing his throat, Jihoon fought to stop the blush creeping all the way to his ears. "Yeah that sounds nice."

"Besides, next week is my hell week. So I won't have time to meet you and stuff."

Shrugging his shoulders, Jihoon swallowed the noodles he was chewing, together with the disappointment forming at the back of his throat. 

Jihoon and Soonyoung had been spending the last few days together. Other than the times they were working in their separate offices, they would be found together. After the big apology on Monday, the two men somehow grew closer, enjoying each other's presence while it lasted. 

"I bet you would love to do something more." Soonyoung teased, smirking arrogantly. 

Jihoon groaned, flipping him the middle finger. 

~

Jihoon stepped out of his bathroom, wrapped only in a towel around his waist. Opening his wardrobe, he quickly pulled out some boxers and shorts before stuffing them into a backpack lying on his bed. He packed some toiletries, not forgetting to bring along some snacks that he had bought before coming home earlier. He pulled on a loose t-shirt and a pair of shorts before checking his phone that was left on the table.

I'll be arriving in 10.

Sure, I'll meet you downstairs.

Jihoon's heart fluttered as he locked up his apartment. 

Technically, this would be his first time spending a night together with Soonyoung. Sober. He felt like a little girl going to her first slumber party, but he quickly pushed the thought out of his head, wiping the grin off his face. 
~
"Your apartment is ing huge Kwon." Jihoon muttered under his breath as he stepped into Soonyoung's apartment which was located in the wealthy side of the neighborhood. He was expecting it to be grand (considering how large his mansion was), but was caught by surprise by how bare it was. It was very simply furnished with a couch and a large HD flat-screen. A table rightfully placed in the dining room, but other than the bare necessities, there wasn't anything more. 

"Too huge for a single man like me." Soonyoung emerged from the kitchen, offering Jihoon a glass of red wine. 

They sat on the couch, The Proposal playing on the TV (Jihoon lost at rock paper scissors and Soonyoung won his right to choose the movie). Munching on chips while sipping on wine, Jihoon chuckled at how contradictory it was. 

"What's so funny?" Soonyoung questioned, a scene of someone crying on the screen. 

"Nothing, I just feel so posh you know, sipping red wine and eating garbage." Jihoon smiled, eyes curving upwards. 

Soonyoung felt his breath catch in his throat. Jihoon was gorgeous and right there beside him. Soonyoung scooted closer, turning his body to rest his head on Jihoon's lap, legs hanging off the ends of the sofa. Soonyoung's action caught Jihoon by surprise, hands stuck up in midair, as if afraid to touch Soonyoung. But upon feeling the other snuggle into his lap, he smiled and allowed himself to indulge in the moment, fingers deftly finding its way to Soonyoung's hair, playing with it between his fingertips. Soonyoung grinned. Although his face was turned towards the movie, the only thing he could process was the feeling of Jihoon's fingers in his hair and the warmth emanating from his lap. 


The movie had long ended, some random television programme playing on the flat-screen. Somewhere along the way, Jihoon's body slid down the soft couch, such that he was almost lying down. Soonyoung too had relocated. His head was nuzzled against Jihoon's tummy (dangerously close to body parts Jihoon did not want to mention), fingers drawing lazy patterns into the smaller's thigh. Jihoon had his glass of wine in his hand, eyes trained to the back of the older's head. It was around 2 in the morning and the two men just laid on the couch, unmoving. Soonyoung rubbed the back of his head against Jihoon, like a dog demanding a pat from its owner. 

Giggling, Jihoon slightly nudged him, "It's ticklish Kwon. Stop it."

Jihoon's warning fell on deaf ears as Soonyoung continued his ministrations. Intentionally rubbing his head more vigorously and deeper into his tummy. 

"Soonyoung!" Jihoon's hand reflexly shot up towards his body, throwing the glass of wine all over his body and Soonyoung's face in the process. 

The whole room fell into silence. Slowly, Soonyoung started giggling, a full blown laugh following soon after. Jihoon started chuckling as well, chest heaving up and down.  

"That was fun." Soonyoung managed to voice out in between his laughter. 

Jihoon pushed Soonyoung off him, hands covering his mouth as he laughed even louder now. "I'm bloody sticky."

"C'mon," Soonyoung jumped to his feet, pulling Jihoon by his hands to his room. Setting Jihoon on his bed, Soonyoung tore off his shirt and turned his toned body towards a blushing Jihoon. "I'll jump in for a shower. You can wait here in the meantime." 

Jihoon nodded dumbly, frowning at the smug look on Soonyoung's face. He never knew the taller worked out. 

As Soonyoung was in the bathroom, Jihoon rummaged through his bag when realisation struck him. He didn't pack another shirt. As if on cue, Soonyoung emerged from the bathroom, hair dripping water. 

"Soonyoung, I forgot to bring a shirt."

"Oh did you now?" He teased. 

"Well, I never would have predicted that I would pour wine all over myself."

Reaching into his wardrobe, Soonyoung pulled out one of his shirts and handed them to Jihoon, along with a towel. "Help yourself to the bathroom."

Mumbling a thanks, Jihoon hobbled into the aforementioned room, ridding himself of the stickiness on his body. After fifteen minutes, Jihoon stepped out of the bathroom blushing self consciously. Soonyoung's shirt was definitely too darn big for him, extending down to his milky thighs. The shorts he had on was a tad shorter than usual (since it was his sleeping shorts), and the shirt covered it entirely, making it seem like he wasn't wearing anything below. Soonyoung who had been lying on his bed playing on his phone looked up when he heard Jihoon coming out. He paused. It was like as if the whole world moved in slow motion. He could see the blush creep up the smaller's face, eyes averting Soonyoung. Naturally (for any hormonal male), Soonyoung's eyes gave Jihoon's body a once over and he subconsciously his lips. Jihoon looked delicious. 

"It's pretty late, I'll just head to your guest room. Where is it again?" Jihoon shyly mumbled as he made his way out of Soonyoung's room. 

At lighting speed, Soonyoung grabbed onto Jihoon's wrist, turning his body to face him. He gulped. "Stay. Stay here with me tonight."

Jihoon made no move against Soonyoung's hands. Slowly, his strong grip turned gentle as he guided Jihoon towards his bed, Jihoon willingly climbing on. Both of them laid down facing each other. The scene that played out was absolutely adorable to say the least. Both of them were embarrassed, red all the way to their ears, yet neither wanted to turn away, hands intertwined with each other under the duvet. 

That night, Jihoon had the best sleep in the past week. 

~

Jihoon woke up against a clothed chest, sun gleaming through the windows. This time, he knew where he was and was hyper aware of the arm wrapped around his waist. His legs were tangled with Soonyoung's, who was snoring softly. Jihoon smiled, but quickly tore it off his face. This whole situation was extremely domestic and Jihoon knew that this was something he should not get used to. As tempted as he was to lean up and kiss Kwon Soonyoung till he woke up, Jihoon still had some shreds of self discipline preventing him from doing so. 

"Morning Jihoonie." 

Jihoon feels the chest under him vibrate as the arms around his waist tightens. 

"Morning Soonyoung. Except it isn't morning. It's like twelve."

Soonyoung chuckles and leans his face into the crook of Jihoon's neck. "Mmm... Let's stay like this a little longer okay?" And he promptly falls asleep again. 

Jihoon sighs, but complies anyway. He could never say no, especially when he was tucked so perfectly in Soonyoung's arms. 

Soonyoung felt like he was home. Jihoon was asleep in his arms, face calm and peaceful. Their legs was tangled and he couldn't care less about the itch that was starting to annoy him on the sole of his feet. There was no way he would risk waking Jihoon up and spoiling this perfect picture in front of him. He brought one hand up and traced the contours of Jihoon's face delicately with his fingers, ghosting over Jihoon's eyes, nose, and finally resting on his lips. Those plump, red lips. Soonyoung was thirsty, so very thirsty for Jihoon. He wanted to kiss the day lights out of Jihoon, and that was exactly what he did. He leaned down as quietly as he could and inched closer and closer to the sleeping boy. Soonyoung puckered his lips and slowly pressed feather kisses into the other's lips as delicately as he could so as to not wake Jihoon. He knew what he was doing wasn't exactly right. He was literally taking advantage of Jihoon who was in his most vulnerable state. But Soonyoung was not a logical man, and this time, he listened to his heart (which was practically screaming to kiss Jihoon). He could not stop the warmth that exploded within his chest as Jihoon snuggled even closer to Soonyoung's chest (if that was even possible). Soonyoung felt complete and whole. This whole situation felt right and he didn't want to wake up anymore unless he woke up to Jihoon's face. He remembers Seokmin's words. Listen to your heart. He thought his heart stopped feeling anything, but maybe he was denying it all this time. 

"Jihoon. Jihoon? Babe?"

"Mmm..."

"Wake up," Soonyoung whispers against the smaller's ears. Giggling internally as he watched the other curl away from his hot, ticklish breath. "it's three in the afternoon. Time to get up. Let's grab some food."

"Shhh Youngie... Sleep..."

Soonyoung raises his eyebrows at the nickname. Jihoon is seriously dead to the world when he sleeps. Being the merciless Director that he was, he detached himself from Jihoon and climbed off the bed. He picked Jihoon up bridal style, whose eyes flew wide open in shock, hands wrapping tightly around Soonyoung's neck. "The ?!"

"Good. Now you're up. Time to freshen up."


"You could have woken me up like any normal person would." Jihoon mumbled from the couch, still in Soonyoung's oversized tee. 

The said male was in the kitchen, pouring milk into two bowls of cereal, remarking casually as he re-emerged to hand the bowl of sugar to Jihoon. "I tried. Someone wasn't being very cooperative."

Jihoon could only roll his eyes as he forced the spoon of cereal into his mouth. He was never one for sweets. Soonyoung on the other hand worshipped sugar. Soonyoung who was already done with his bowl, laid on the sofa, hugging Jihoon's waist. The two had become very handsy with each other, but neither could complain when they wanted this just as much as the other did. 

Soonyoung swallowed the ball of anxiety at the back of this throat. He was done acting like he doesn't care. Waking up to Jihoon's body tucked in his was like a wake up call. He dreamed of this day almost every night and reality was so much sweeter than he could ever imagine. He didn't want to lose Jihoon. Soonyoung decided that he would tell the man what was on his mind all this time. It was now or never. 

"Jihoon... Don't panic but I think I love you."

He feels Jihoon freeze up, and he sits up, staring worriedly at him, afraid of his response. What if Jihoon didn't feel the same way for him. Jihoon stands up, picking up Soonyoung's bowl on the table. He walks towards the kitchen, walking backwards for the first few steps as he smiles at Soonyoung. "Soonyoung, I'm pretty sure we don't have to practice saying 'I love yous' to each other. I can say if just fine now. I love you too darling. See?" Jihoon quickly turned his body away from Soonyoung, trying to hide the bitter expression on his face, missing the way Soonyoung's face contorted into something that could only be pain and disappointment. 

Soonyoung's heart ached but all he could do was to scoff at himself. He only had himself to blame. He had been trying so hard to not fall in love with Jihoon and to push him away, claiming that everything he did was an act. So here he was, sincere and vulnerable, wearing his heart on his sleeves. But Jihoon still thought he was pretending and it was all his fault. 

Authors note:

It was absolutely hell trying to type the whole thing on my phone but that's the only way I can update since I won't have my laptop at all. 
The part when Soonyoung confesses and gets totally played down by Jihoon was planned out maybe a month back. It was really fun trying to write it out. Hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter!