Nothing happened

Let's play pretend

The BBQ restaurant was packed with people. Every single person of every department was present. This was no surprise really. Who could say no to free meat and soju. So here was Jihoon, sitting together with the rest of his colleagues from the creative content department. In the background, he could hear the president drone on. Didn't he say the same thing again last year? 

"Thank you everyone for coming. Kwon advertising is able to celebrate its 20th year anniversary all because of your efforts. And I am very pleased to say that our image has remained immaculate and I believe it will continue to be. We will continue to be one of the biggest advertising companies in Korea and I ask of your continuous hard work. But for now, we feast!"

Soonyoung sits at the far end of the table. He rolls his eyes. His dad can be so dramatic at times. 

Sitting opposite him is creative director Lee Jihoon, and Soonyoung catches his eye in what appears to be a blinding smile that could melt all the ladies. A pity it was Jihoon on the receiving end, he glares and frowns, unceremoniously gagging to add to the effect. Soonyoung chuckles but looks up when he hears a voice, "Soonyoung, aren't you going to start eating? Meat waits for no man you know!" Seokmin mutters as he stuffs pork into his mouth. 

"Don't eat all the pork you jerk!" He grabs his chopsticks the same time Jihoon reaches for his own.

Jihoon notices Soonyoung scarfing down stacks of pork belly and he rolls his eyes, a small smile gracing his lips. That idiot.  

2 hours into the night and Soonyoung feels buzzed. Heck, he may even be drunk. The 5 bottles of soju did not help at all. my head is pounding so bad. It was at that moment when Soonyoung looked up that he noticed Jihoon clambering up from his seat, making his way towards the exit, body teetering left and right. Without leaving himself any time to regret, Soonyoung gets up from his seat and follows Jihoon out. Or at least tried to. 

Jihoon slumped on the table, hand clutching his head. The noise was drilling a hole through his head. Damn, Seungkwan is really making the most of this free soju. "Guys, I you out. Can't do this. See you. Tomorrow haha yeah." Jihoon slurred and tried to get up, effectively knocking soju all over himself. Ergh . Where is the exit again? 

It was a miracle really. Jihoon made it out of the restaurant in one piece. Vision blurry and legs weak, he stumbled towards the main road, arms held out, hoping for a cab to notice him. Taking his first 10 steps was no easy task and he was just about to take his next step when he out. He felt himself falling, felt his consciousness slip past his fingertips, expected the pain from hitting the ground but it never came. 

~

Jihoon tossed and what seemed to be soft sheets. Ah, Seungcheol must have gotten me home. Again. What can I ever do withou- wait. Eh? Jihoon opened his eyes and came face to face with a bare chest. No, it was not just any chest, it was Creative Director Kwon's chest. 

"! What is this! What did we do!" Jihoon screeched as he pushed Soonyoung away.  

Soonyoung opened an eye, yawned and peered at Jihoon. "Morning director Lee. Ever so energetic aren't we."

Jihoon panicked. He looked down the covers and he froze. . No clothes. . Calm down. Handle this like a man. He in a breath, a weak attempt at taming his racing heart and mind.  "Director Kwon, I am going to get up and take a shower. This did not happen at all. Last night never did happen. We will meet at work just as we do every other day." 

"Of course nothing happened. Me waking up next to you is completely normal, Director Lee."

"Enough with the sarcasm. It's too early for this . I am going to get up now. Don't you dare look."

Soonyoung laughed,"Go on, I won't peek. I've seen it all anyway."

"Shut up." Jihoon squeaked out. So much for taking this like a man. 

Jihoon hastily picked his clothes up from the floor and ran to the hotel bathroom. Soonyoung looked anyway despite the warning. 

Waking up next to a strangers face was not something new for Soonyoung. But waking up to the face he had to see again in an hour, now that was novelty. He sighed, arm placed over his eyes. Today's definitely going to be a long day. 

~


It was currently 10am, two hours after he had gotten up. Next to Director Kwon that is. Jihoon loved his job. He really did. He planned  to look past what happened last night. He did not work his off the past three years to blow it all in one night. Jihoon was proud of his job. He worked his way up to where he was now from the absolute bottom. He was the epitome of rags to riches. Long nights spent on brainstorming ideas, even longer nights planning and executing them. Everything was worth it when he had his name plated in gold, Creative Director Lee Jihoon. He will definitely not lose it to the likes of Kwon Soonyoung. 

Creative Director Kwon was no small fry either. Wanting his name to be known from his own hard work, he too worked like a dog to get to where he was now. His charms and good looks definitely helped him, but it was no easy feat gaining recognition for himself, especially with the President being his father. People automatically assumed he was backed up by his daddy. 

Jihoon had the opportunity of working with Director Kwon on multiple projects in the past and they did not exactly click for most of the time. They were at absolute loggerheads but everything worked out. They could even be considered close. Close enough to be counted as acquaintances that is. They had exchanged numbers after their second project together and talked sometimes, once in a blue moon rather. These talks often lasted hours on end but no one needed to know that. But other than that, they were colleagues, not friends. Simply people who meet in the workplace. And that is what they will continue to be.