The fanfiction

Fanfiction: The sequel

Rin had been ten, when her family died in a car crash. She blamed herself for it of course, they had been on their way to her school to watch a performance she was in. That was the night she met Sungmin. He had taken her under his wing just hours after she had arrived at the orphanage. He became her brother. Now, she was grown up and though they were still like siblings, they now had their own lives.

Remembering back, Sungmin smiled. He had protected her from the boys who mistreated her, and in return, even in the future, she had protected him. Sungmin chuckled before looking over at his boyfriend. Kyuhyun was busy typing out his latest fanfiction. He had become a popular writer at the fanfiction library.

"Kyuhyun, you can not write that!" Sungmin yelped as he read over his lovers newest chapter.

"Why not, Rin does it?" He asked.

"She's insane and Ryeowook is an idiot for allowing it." Sungmin panicked. Kyuhyun smiled as he pulled his lover into his arms. Two years had passed since the events that brought he and Sungmin together. Shindong had not turned back up, and the ryeorin couple were now married. They say happily, but Sungmin says they still fight at the library.

"So, Rin and Ryeowook are thinking of having kids." Sungmin announced. Kyuhyun paused before laughing.

"They want to make more Psycho's?" He asked earning a glare from his lover.

"It's sweet that he could get his little viper to calm down for a kid." Sungmin explained, secretly feeling jealous of the couple. Kyuhyun sat to the side muttering about a low salary for a library worker.

"Kangin said he would send a car for you, didn't he?" Sungmin suddenly asked as he looked at his phone.

"Yeah, why?" He asked. Sungmin smiled as he hugged his lover.

“I was hoping you could give me a ride to work. I do not feel like getting d on the subway again.” the lover explained. Kyuhyun chuckled before nodding his head. Kyuhyun finished his chapter and closed his laptop, stating he would print out the chapter later. They rode the car to the library, dropping off Sungmin before the older watched Kyuhyun ride away for a meeting.

“Hey Min, did Kyuhyun drop you off?” Leeteuk asked as he unlocked the building.

“Yeah, he had a meeting at work, so we left early.” Sungmin replied as they entered the building. The two made it to the front desk Sungmin worked at, when the Ryeorin couple entered the building with clothes disheveled.

“We know what they have been doing.” Sungmin muttered as Leeteuk greeted them. Rin seemed distant, though Sungmin doubted anyone had picked up on it yet. When the two younger workers left for their floors, Sungmin turned to Leeteuk.

“Talk to Wook, Rin seems upset.” Sungmin stated. Leeteuk nodded before heading off. Sungmin took a seat at his desk and sighed. Kids had it easy, no troubles to swell their heads. Looking out from his desk, he had to smile. Fiction, his life seemed to always meet at this fake world. He sometimes wondered why Ryeowook was placed in charge of the nonfiction section, only to remember that it was Ryeowook who needed the truth when he lived in fiction everyday.

Working and writing, the time passed and people came and went. His concern for Rin grew when she left the building near lunch all alone. When lunch came and Leeteuk came to reprieve him, Sungmin sighed.

“We need more workers.” he whined.

“Already working on it.” the older beamed. Sungmin raised a brow in confusion.

“I will start having interviews here starting tomorrow.” Leeteuk continued happily. Shaking his head, Sungmin stood and wandered to the elevator to meet Ryeowook, maybe he could get some insight on Rin.

Heading up the floor, Sungmin smiled. More workers meant a vacation.

“Hyung?” Ryeowook asked as the doors opened and Ryeowook stood dumbfounded. Sungmin stepped out and smiled.

“What’s up?” the man asked. Ryeowook sighed as he followed the other back to his desk. His laptop rested safely beneath some books making Sungmin smirk and grab it.

“How’s that fanfic going?” he asked making Ryeowook growl and retrieve back his item.

“Hard, how do you and Rin do it? I mean Kyuhyun is among those I envy, but still.” Ryeowook whined.

“Just write what you feel.” Sungmin offered. Ryeowook typed his password revealing the first half of a first chapter.

“Only half? Man, you’ve been doing this a month now.” Sungmin said. Ryeowook glared before falling back in his seat.

“I’ve been busy. Besides, Rin said she would co-author with me.” Ryeowook explained. Sungmin nodded his head, he and Kyuhyun had done a co-author for his latest stuff.

“Speaking of the viper, where is she?” Sungmin asked despite knowing she left. Ryeowook sighed again, this time a look of exhaustion overcame him.

“She’s been distant since this whole kid thing began.” Ryeowook admitted. He had seen her withdrawal, and he had hoped this fanfiction thing would give him some insight. Though, the prompt and outline confused him more.

“Give it time. She will write what’s on her mind in due time. It takes a while for a fanfic to reveal things. It doesn’t happen in one chapter.” Sungmin assured.

“Thanks hyung.” Ryeowook smiled as the elevator doors opened and Rin appeared with food.

“Here, now get lost.” Rin teased handing Sungmin his food and then Ryeowook before sitting down with her own laptop and eating her food.

“By the way, Leeteuk’s hiring new staff.” Sungmin announced making Rin look up.

“My fanfiction section. I am the pride of this library. Who dares think they can take it over?” Rin asked, anger rising in her as both boys tried to calm her down.

“Hunny, work on the fanfic, it will make you feel better.” Ryeowook said, he had already sent her the email to continue.

/Ryeowook’s fanfic Rin’s part\

~

Noodles, her favourite food, prepared by her second favourite animal. And ears. Long fluffy white ears.

"Bunny~" Rin called, her voice a high one as she tried to be cute. Sungmin's ears twitched at the call but he didn't make a move.

"Just one bite." She begged. Kyuhyun was watching in mild interest before the front door opened and Siwon and her grandfather entered.

"Is dinner ready yet?" Siwon asked. He hated to be kept waiting. Kyuhyun had learned at a very young age his father had a temper if kept waiting. He expected things done a certain way and done by the time he got here. Sungmin smiled as he began placing food on the table.

"Please sit down and enjoy." The rabbit said as he moved to stand at the wall. Hybrids, did not eat with humans. Rin eyed Sungmin, knowing Ryeowook would be there as well if he had come. Kyuhyun used Ryeowook at events like this to keep the elder company. Sungmin had raised Kyuhyun since his mother’s pregnancy. To the teen, Siwon was just another man, not his father.

As dinner discussion moved from school, to work, to random things. Rin and Kyuhyun finished and cleaned up before rushing to play another game. Sungmin's ears twitched at each sound the teens made, his hearing honed in on Kyuhyun as he expertly obeyed the adults.

"I hate him." Kyuhyun growled. Rin had heard the remark enough times to know who he meant.

"Sungmin looks good today." She replied as her friend signed.

"He was beat the other day." Kyuhyun countered. Rin looked over surprised. It was rare the hybrid got in trouble.

"What happened?" She asked keeping her voice low. Kyuhyun made a fist.

"He was protecting me." And that was the end of his conversation. Rin knew some of what hybrids did. She learned from watching the ones in the building, or listened at school when teachers explained their history. Hybrids were merely beast in human clothes. Animals not worth a human’s time.

"He loves you." Kyuhyun. Suddenly spoke drawing Rin from her thoughts.

"Who?" She asked confused. Kyuhyun gave her a look before smiling.

"Clueless," he laughed. Rin made a face before hearing her grandfather call her name to leave.

"See you tomorrow for school." She smiled before leaving the home.

Kyuhyun watched the two leave before glancing at Sungmin, the hybrid once more hovering over the sink as he cleaned.

"Kyuhyun, what is your rank at school?" Siwon called, his voice cold. Kyuhyun plastered a practiced smile on his face as he moved to stand before the elder.

"Top of my class sir." He replied. Siwon blamed him for his mother's death. Sungmin had been his mother's hybrid, stayed with her during her pregnancy with him. Siwon had not forgiven Sungmin for her death due to complication.

"Good, I refuse to pay for an idiot to attend such a school. If you were any lower, I would treat you as a beast." Siwon stated, not caring he was speaking to his own flesh and blood. Kyuhyun didn't care though. He was treated better by those beast than his own kind.

"Kyuhyun, go get ready for bed." Sungmin ordered as he finished in the kitchen and approached Siwon. With a last look, Kyuhyun obeyed.

"He is your son, please be a little nicer to him." Sungmin begged. The collar around his neck contracted as he gasped for breath. The remote in his master's hand blinking from use.

"Do not forget your place hybrid." Siwon ordered. Sungmin was quiet, but his anger was still there. He was responsible for Kyuhyun.

"I'm going to my house. I will be back tomorrow." And with that he was leaving. Sungmin hung his head, Siwon only had this falling apart apartment l because of his late wife. It was also why Sungmin was still here as well.

"Don't worry, I still have you." Kyuhyun smiled from the bathroom door. Sungmin's ears twitched as he glanced over at the still dry teen.

"I said take a bath." The hybrid ordered.

/End\

Rin sent the finished part back to her husband’s email. Hybrids had always fascinated her. Maybe by writing this with Ryeowook would help her with the decision she had on her mind now.