Regret

Fanfiction: The sequel

Ryeowook felt his head throbbing as he tried to block out the sounds of the library. The usual silent building seemed to be yelling today.

"Here, it will help." Rin whispered handing him the pills.

"Thanks." He replied. Rin looked over the railing of the floor to the area below. Sungmin had a line of people waiting for a job interview with Leeteuk.

"You dated Siwon." Ryeowook suddenly announced. Rin nodded her head.

"I dated a lot of people in my past before I met you." She replied. Ryeowook looked up at her, the beautiful insanity he had fallen for had not left. She was still radiant. A gift for him.

"Why did you date so many men?" He asked.

"Same reason anyone dates. To find the right guy or just because." She shrugged. Ryeowook hung his head again. Just like in the fic, he was trapped and unable to fully have her. She was on a higher pedestal than him.

"Do you even love me?" Ryeowook finally asked. A question he knew both hated to talk about. Rin was silent, her eyes fixed on the ground.

"I do, why ask me that?" She questioned. Ryeowook sighed as he stood up.

"Why are we so different?" He asked before leaving the room. Rin felt tears try and form, forcing them back, she moved on to another task. Anything to keep her mind away from the argument that had just taken place. The notebook she kept her fanfic ideas was by her side. Picking it up, she began to write her plans for the chapters ahead. Ryeowook was playing a Marter that was becoming real life.

"Gah, what are we doing?" She pondered.

Lunch was ending soon and her break would be over. The ring on her finger weighed so much.

"Hey." A voice called making Rin look up.

"It's been a while hot spot." Henry beamed as he hugged her. Rin smiled as she inhaled her exes scent.

"Henry, it's been too long. Are you here for a job?" Rin asked.

"Yeah, Siwon and I were hired earlier today. Along with this hottie named Zhou Mi, perhaps you know him?" Henry teased. Yes, she knew him. He was the man Henry had left her for. She had no regrets about it.

"You three will like it here." Rin told him as she gathered her things.

"Leaving?" Henry asked.

"I have work. Besides, if I stay here, things will just get worse." She stated trying to walk away. Henry blinked as he watched her wait for the elevator.

"Your upset." He called.

"I'm a woman, according to everyman out there, I'm always upset." She retorted. Henry's laugh brought back memories.

"You got married." He said appearing beside her and eyeing the ring on her left hand. Rin pocketed her hand and glared at the stalled number. She would kill whoever was holding the elevator.

"Did he make you upset?" Henry asked.

"No," Rin answered, but he had. Henry turned her gently, their bodies now facing the other as Henry lifted her chin gently making her look at him. Their eyes met, and the old feeling of his lips on hers took over. When they parted, the elevator doors opened revealing the eunhae couple. Rin parted from Henry and glared at the two.

"Kyuhyun is here." She stated as she entered the small cube and let the doors close all three men out. Her back hit the wall as she cursed. She had kissed another man. Her ex even.

"Ryeowook is going to kill me." She sniffled, her legs gave out sending her to the floor as tears rolled down her cheeks.

~

"Thanks for lunch Kyu, Ryeowook say thank you." Sungmin said happily as Ryeowook eyed the floor above him and Kyuhyun was busy kissing his boyfriend.

"I'm going back to work. Tell Leeteuk I'm taking tomorrow off." Ryeowook announced before heading to the elevator. As he waited for the lift to arrive, he thought back to his and Rin’s fanfic. It seemed the only thing that settled on them. In a way, they were using it to talk with each other.

“Ryeowook, is Rin taking a day off as well?” Sungmin asked. Ryeowook shook his head. He needed the time alone to think. Sungmin watched the younger enter the now open elevator before meeting his eyes as the doors closed.

Ryeowook smiled as he remembered the time he had first met Rin. The young girl had only been in her early twenties. Sungmin had gotten her the job here when Leeteuk had opened the now famous fanfiction floor.

/FLASHBACK\

“Ok, everyone, today we have a new worker with us.” Leeteuk called making Ryeowook glare up from behind his book as Sungmin smiled proudly.

“Everyone, this is Rin. She is going to run our Fanfiction section. Now, be nice and no fighting.” Leeteuk ordered. Sungmin dashed forward and picked up the girl, swinging her around before kissing her cheek.

“See, I told you you’d get the job.” he told her before looking at his workmate.

“Ryeowook, this is Rin.” he introduced. Rin smiled at him, the small upturn of lips and the subtle turn of the head making her look even younger than she seemed before.

“It’s nice to meet you Ryeowook.” she greeted.

“Same,” Ryeowook replied. Sungmin led her towards the elevator before motioning for Ryeowook to follow. As the elder explained Rin her job and the people around here, Ryeowook only tuned back in when Sungmin said something about killing someone.

“Well, I’ll leave you alone now.” Sungmin said as he entered the elevator. Rin nodded and sat at her desk. Ryeowook looked around, curious as to why he was up here as well.

“So, you work in the fiction section?” she asked as she gathered some books to put away. This was now her domain.

“Yeah, so, um, do you know what Fanfiction is?” he asked trying to spark a conversation. Rin made a noise making Ryeowook look over.

“I wrote the book.” she smiled before placing a book on the shelf and handing me another book. “Put it on that shelf.” she ordered. Ryeowook narrowed his eyes before doing as told. By lunch, he had decided he hated the girl.

“Why does she get the top of the building?” Ryeowook asked debating how to toss her off the building without being caught.

“Because Leeteuk gets a headache with her too close.” Sungmin replied. Rin was singing to herself, the song filling the building.

“Is she bipolar?” Ryeowook asked.

“Insane, though not clinically.” Sungmin replied casually. Ryeowook blinked before leaning closer to his friend.

“And how do you know her?” he asked. Sungmin smiled.

“We went to the same orphanage.” he replied before patting his friend’s shoulder. Ryeowook shook his head, they were both insane.

~End Flashback~

Rin let her head hit her arms as she pushed aside her work. Of course she would feel like this.

“I can’t believe he kissed me.” she moaned.

“Writing another story?” Ryeowook asked as he walked over and kissed her lips. Rin allowed the action before smiling.

“Yeah, so what are you doing here?” she asked.

“Is it my turn to write?” he asked. Rin nodded, still confused by his appearance. He took the ipad they were sharing and paused.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Rin nodded, her eyes still dull. Ryeowook sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“I love you Rin.” he whispered before walking out of the room. Her heart hurt more at the words as she buried her face in her arms and cried. Ryeowook was the best thing she had, but she had just ruined it.

~

Sungmin kissed Kyuhyun’s lips, their hands tangled together. Suddenly Donghae and Hyukjae appeared before them holding Henry between them.

“Kyu, your security is here.” Sungmin called as Kyuhyun nibbled the smaller man’s adam’s apple.

“We caught him kissing the girl from your work.” Donghae said proudly. Sungmin broke away from Kyuhyun and grabbed Donghae by the collar of his shirt.

“Repeat that.” Sungmin ordered. Henry whimpered at the sudden anger from the older.

“What is the big deal?” Henry asked, his fight instinct kicking in. Sungmin marched around his desk, Hyukjae and Donghae moving away wisely as Sungmin approached the Canadian.

“She is married.” Sungmin snarled. Kyuhyun watched from the side, his eyes glancing up at two floors above them.

“Hey she didn’t pull away!” Henry stated making Sungmin growl and raise a hand to hit him when another man grabbed his arm. This finely dressed male, had eyes piercing black.

“Let him go, Henry, stop causing trouble. If we are going to work here, then we must be friends with these people.” the man ordered.

“Zhou Mi, he started it.” Henry whined.