008

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nattasha straighten the case papers and inserts it back to the envelope. 'That was the last one.' She smiles victoriously. She stretch her limbs and stands up before landing her body on the couch. She grab her notebook that contains her conclusions and findings.

 

Jaebum new info provided her with another persona identified. She is glad the officer decided to report to Jaebum and it is going exactly as she has expected. The ring will try to find the CCTV source and tries to figure out the traitors. They will never find one because the paid intels destroys every evidence after a task is done. However, Nat is quite upset when Jaebum informs him about an enemy within the police.

 

‘Filthy human..’

 

She push her glasses up her nose as she read through the pages. "Mary, Yang, Yuan and the 'Madam'.."

 

She still doesn't have info on the said Madam and Yuan. Those 4 people are byfar the ones she manage to figure out from the case ring. She had drawn out the organization chart and their duty in the ring for Jaebum. Based on her findings and the odd cases happening around Mary’s properties, she had figured out Mary’s tactic and pattern in avoiding the police.

 

It is mostly thank to Mui that she manage to conclude stuffs. She still remember that drunk lady who is also one of Mary's staff in her third club. She is the one who slipped out many infos while being drunk. For safety precaution, Nat drugged her drink right before leaving her there. A special drug that will cleanse her memory of talking to her that night. She left her beside the buffet table after she passed out.

 

 

~

 

 

The sniping day,

Blackjack Casino.

 

"That woman is a sly .." Mui mutters as she pour herself another shot. Natasha gives her a questioning look. This Mui lady approach her because she needs a drinking companion, seeing that she is wandering around alone. Luck is on Natasha's side that night because the right person approach her first.

 

"Aren't you gonna drink?" She ask Nat seeing her glass still full. "This is my third fill, wanna take it slow." She swiftly lied. "Why do say that? Isn't she your boss?" Nattasha ask. Pretending to take a small sip from her glass.

 

"She wasn't. That goes her way up by flirting with our late boss." She continues before downing another shot. "She was just a cheap e until one day, our boss who never get married got sick and give all his business for her to handle."

 

This is new for Nat so she nods. "Exactly, how rich is your late boss?" Nat notice she is not looking at her direction so she pour her drinks into a vase beside her chair. They are sitting at the lounge now. Less people there.

 

"He owned 3 private night club and this entertainment building. Mary got lucky and all of this are hers though." She massage her temple. "The mafias meeting in his clubs earns him a lot too. They never get caught in his premises."

 

"Some great luck." Nat adds. Mui shake her head. "Mary is the mastermind. She is good at avoiding police."

 

Nat nods as a small smirk appears on her face. "The boss loved her for that huh?" Mui rolls her eyes. "Can't deny that. Her plan never fails. You see that Thai man over there? The main guest?"

 

Nad nods again. "She got that business for Yuan."

 

"Business?" ‘Yuan...a he or a she??’ She mentally speaks.

 

" I don't know much but I do know that guy gives them a lot and a cocky one at that."

Nat pours Mui another shot. "Then why is he invited here as a main guest?" Mui shrugs. "Yuan requested this."

 

They continue chatting. No, it’s more to Nat continues to out information from Mui and the drunk and full of hatred lady obeys subconsciously. The women continues to chug down their drinks and the only difference is one into and the other one into the vase. Until that one moment, where an announcement about the main guest being called forward to the stage is made Nat secretly opens her purse and press a button on a device.

 

As soon as the confetti happens, Mary quickly grab the falling down Thai guy and reach for the mike he had used on the podium just now. “It seems like our main guest is too drunk, I will bring Mr. Waiyon to rest.” She announce wrapped a jacket around the guy.

 

‘That podium must had prevent the bullets from going forward.’ Nat shivers in anger. She really want to end them there and right then but she know she can’t..yet.

Mui snorts at the scene. “Is the going to flirt with another big mafia..” She downs another glass.

 

 

~

 

 

She fell asleep on the couch again. It's Saturday and she doesn't feel like going anyway until she finish linking all the info(s) and find out about the Thai guy, Waiyon and Madam and their connection with Yuan, Yang and Mary. These clues won’t leave her mind until she settles it. Sighing, Nat hope she can find more about this case soon because it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter