019

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st January 2015

Beijing Metropiltan Police Department Building

Jaebum's mini conference room

 

"Happy new year Sir , Nattasha.." Min wishes as she handed the two can of beers. She squints her eyes before sitting down. 'It still feels weird calling her that..' They thank her and open their respective cans. Nat starts pulling up her hair into a ponytail after she put a file on the table. "I need the two of you to see this.." Jaebum opens the file and Min pulls her chair closer to him. "Is this the report for the CCTV footage of your apartment entrance?" Jaebum scans the file content after Nat nods her head. He pulls out a disc from an envelope and handed it to Min. "Play this.." He instructs. Min insert the disc into the player. The projector shows the suspicious truck entering the premise.

"Min and I obtained the truck registration number and we already tried to track it for almost a week. It's a fake number." Nattasha start.

"Well, why am I not surprised.." Jaebum sighs. "But.." Nattasha suddenly continues as she look at Min. Min clears . "We found a report on a missing truck exactly two days before this case and the delivery company name is the same too. I asked the jurisdiction authority for CCTV clips from that company but nothing suspicious happened there. We assume the truck was not stolen while being parked there."

Jaebum rest his chin on his fist as he continue to observe the footage. Nattasha has changed the disc to multiple footage nearby Mark's unit. "I believe I explained my theory on why Mark is targetted right?" Nattasha eyes the two of them before playing the video. They nod. "We do not have any other logic explaining why they attack Mark instead of you directly except for that theory." Jaebum sense the guilt in her eyes again. He exchange glance with Min. "Mark was exposed when he secretly chase you during the Blacjack case but they still does not know who you are.." Min adds. "But it is not your fault Nattasha, nobody predicted this." She add again.

Nattasha mumble a soft thanks to both of them with a forced smile. She plays the video. "As we can see here, our suspect height estimation is around 175 cm and according to the guard he is light skinned but his face is well covered with the cap."

"Any fingerprint on the box?" Jaebum interrupts. "No Sir. There are few gloves fibre stuck on it but that is about it." Nat answers. Jaebum massage his head as he lean back on his chair. He the slightly turn hid head to Min. "Futile,huh. How about the victims?" Min picks up a file and distribute the content to the other two. "My division had investigated the two officers mobile phone, credit card usage and their car movement." They continue flipping the pages. "The date where a large amount of money is deposited into their account is suspicious." Nat brings up. "And they are several private number incoming call on both records too." Jaebum adds.

"Yes, we took notice of that and yes, it is safe to assume the two victims received bribe for disclosing information and they began ditching work around that time too but--" Min took a deep breath before continuing. "--in the end they were killed to completely shut them up." 

"So do we have other lead that this murder is connected to Yang's organization except for the letter?" Jaebum asks. Min and Nattasha look at each other. "The two have been staying in a hotel near Second Heaven before their death and Min's division had shown me the CCTV footage they obtained. A female that fits Mary description as I've seen her before was there. Here is the elevator CCTV clip screenshot. An elegant woman in a short flowy dress, knee length boots and long straight hair holding her coat can be seen on the projector.

Min hissed. "The snow was still thick by then, weren't she cold?" Jaebum chuckles before turning to Nattasha. "Can we get something from this?"

Nattasha resolve shows through her expression. "Without fail, Sir."

 

.

 

Beijing Hospital Park

 

"So what did the doctor said about your leg?" Ask Yen as she begin arranging the food containers on the picnic mat. Youngjae is helping her while Jackson sits beside Mark. "Well, the cast is off so he said It's better now. I can walk without the crutches but he advised me not to force it too much yet. Another two weeks and I will be fine." He happily remarks after finally removing the cast on his left leg. Jackson congratulate him with a fist bump and he jokingly thank him by punching his shoulder. "Where did Jinyoung and Yugyeom went?" Jackson realized they still haven't went back to them.

"They went to accompany my nephew and niece to the toilet. It's quite far, I think." Youngjae replies as he stand up and stretch his limbs. "That reminds me, how did Mui's entrance exam goes?" Yen is now putting the plate around for everyone. Everyone turn to look at Youngjae. He clears his throat. "She didn't say anything.."

"You didn't ask?" Mark look at him weirdly.

"Mui got mad at Uncle!!" A cherry voice suddenly joins them. "Shut up Jaeyong.." Jaewon said boringly in Korean. Jaeyong stick her tongue out to him and continue to run . Youngjae is already smiling bitterly because he would never dare stop the child. "Uncle said to Mui that she should focus on her study after this and she doesn't have to take care of us anymore.." Everyone look at Youngjae judgingly, including the two boys that just got there.

"You s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter