015 (Christmas Special 2)

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour to midnight, a male slowly stop his truck at the security entrance. Faking the sweetest smile, he roll down his window. “Hello..” He greets the security as he lower his cap more. Covering his eyes from their view. The security weirdly look at the driver. Trying to take a proper look at his face but failed.

“We do not allow delivery trucks entrance at these hours.” He firmly informs as he scan his truck. The male sighs loudly. “Really? Ahh, it’s a pity then. I was from the countryside and the traffic was really bad..” He swiftly lies. The security eyes him suspiciously before talking to his colleague.

Another security guard appears. He also try to see his face properly but failed. He sighs. “I’ve been told you just arrive from the countryside. Are you driving back directly after this?” He ask. The male nods. “I’ll just drop the boxes infront of the recipient door and leave, I promise..” He fake a desperate voice.

The security guards seems to be discussing something before the other one jogs towards the truck’s passenger seat door. The other knocks his door. “I’ll have him follow you and you’ll leave after dropping it off understood? No funny businesses okay?” He warns him. His smile can be seen as he nods and unlocks the passenger seat door.

The guard enters and closes the door before the two of them reaches the parking lot entrance by the truck. As it parks on the trucks parking, the male lower his cap more before getting off the truck followed by the guard. He put down the trolley before putting both the brown boxes on it. They then walk together towards the elevator.

The male glare at the card the guard uses to scan on the elevator. “Which floor?” The guard ask him. “15-02”

 

He push the trolley along the corridor with the guard behind him.

“What is inside the boxes?” The guard ask. He didn’t see his smirk as he is walking infront of him.

“I don’t know, I only delivers..” His deep voice resonates through the empty corridor.

The guard stops walking. “It’s here.”

 

 

---

 

A plate of food appears infront of his face. He look up to see Nat smiling brightly at him. “Aren’t you hungry? You didn’t eat when we arrived. It’s almost 12 now.” Nat sit beside him at the bench. “I wasn’t hungry..” ‘Liar..’ He poke at the chicken with the fork and munch it. After Nat’s little show at the early evening, everyone applause and they proceed to the early dinner before the BBQ later that night.

 

 

Mark was too busy fighting with himself to even notice the buffet right beside the couch he was sitting on. Yen did offer to grab some food for him because Nat is helping the boys with the BBQ preparation. He refused and decided to do some self-reflect instead. They are now at the lawn waiting for the clock to strike 12.

Half of Yen’s lawn are below the roof so all the food are placed there and most of the guest sits under the roof too. Some other choose to sit indoor because the glass door are widely opened now. Everyone continues to eat while some of the guys does the BBQ on rotation. Everyone is dressed warmly because of the snow.

Luckily that night, the wind is not blowing so their activity and everything goes according to the plan. Mark turn his head to look at Nat who is also busy munching her food. She occasionally laugh when someone utters a joke and he could see the glances she stealthily does towards Bambam.

The said boy are with Yugyeom and a male staff of his since Jackson is with Yen, Jinyoung is with his girlfriend and Youngjae is with Mui and the kids. He can’t help but be jealous. Most of the guest are together with their loved ones tonight. He unknowingly let out a sigh.

“What’s wrong?” He turn to the girl. Nat blinks at him with chicken on her hand. He snorts. “You have something here..” He points at his own upper lips. Nat the said area. “Still there?” She ask. Mark grunts. “The other side, you messy eater..” Nat frowns but the other side. Now, the BBQ sauce spread to above her upper lips skin.

Mark scratch his head. “What do I do with you?” He glance at her hand that is already dirty from eating the chicken with her bare hand. Nat giggles and mumbles a sorry but her giggles quickly stop when Mark touched her upper lips. She gulps and Mark look away. “Eat..eat slowly..” He mutters. Nat nods and starts devouring the chicken again. Not looking at his direction anymore.

‘..’

‘Mark what have you done..’ His inner self got into conflict again. He quietly pokes the chicken and eat using the fork while his mind wanders everywhere. No, he wants it to think of anything other than Nat.

‘Why Mark?’

‘She lied to you.. she’s still lying to you..’

 

A sudden sneeze startled him. He realized he is done with the chicken now and call over one of his staff who happen to pass by him to help him throw the polystyrene plate. Nat sneezed again she mumbles ‘I’ll be back’ before standing up to throw her plate and grab wipes to clean her hand. She was about to walk ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter