005 (Part 2: Suspicions)

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark is driving back to his apartment unit. The radio filling the car as he tap his finger to the song. He remember he have to pay the cafe's bills tomorrow since it’s the 17th of November and decided to drive back home later than usual. He type a text in his phone to tell his sister he's going to come in during lunch hour for tomorrow.

He rarely drive through this street late at night so he is a bit nervous. This area is known as the black area for Xidan where the entertainments at night turns wild. There is no heavy traffic here however he drives slowly through this long road while looking around. It's still 11 yet the blazing music and lights is already blasting throughout the atmosphere.

He was looking at the tall building where many expensive cars seems to enter. He notice a familiar red ponytail and long black trench coat about to enter the building. He squints his eyes making sure she is the right person. When the woman turn to face his direction, he is shocked by her appearance.

He pull off in front of a street lamp a bit far across from the building where she is standing.

"What is she doing there?" Mark wonder. He bit his lips as he scan through the contacts in his phone and dial her number. He could see her flinching before searching for her phone in her clutch purse. "Hello Mark?"

"Fei, can you clock in earlier than usual tomorrow? I'll have to pay bills and will arrive at the cafe only by lunch hour." He continue observing her.

"Understood, err Mark I'm afraid I'll have to end the call now. I'm a bit occupied right now." She tries to end the call.

"Are you outside at these hour?"

She bit her lips wanting to come up with another lie. "I'm getting ready to sleep."

"Okay, night." Mark ends the call.

"Why must you lie?" He questions as he look at her walking up the stairs with no difficulties in her heels and loose short black dress under the trench coat that she handed to someone along with something that seems like a card.

As she disappear from his sight, Mark lock his car and jogs toward the building entrance quickly ascending the few flight of stairs.

"Excuse me, may I know where that young lady just now is going?" He asks the guys who seems to be in charge of collecting invitations with a few other bulk guys behind him.

"She is a guest at a Casino Party at the top floor of this building." The guy simply replies. Mark nods and thank him, too afraid to stand longer there looking at the way the bulk guys stares at him. He walks back to his car and scan his eyes around the building.

He sees it at the top of the building. Blackjack Casino.

 

---

 

'The sniping incident 4 night ago was captured by a CCTV of Blackjack Building neighboring hotel, Xidan Hotel. However, no report has been made to the Beijing MPD regarding any death or any sniping incident. The police believe the one behind this case....'

The customers in the cafe and all the staffs are focusing on the 12 p.m news now showing on

TV. 

"Lord God that is so near.."

"How come no one from the casino reported the incident?"

"I'm glad Wangfujing is peaceful.." 

Many chatters could be heard as Fei maintain her poker face as she handed the change for a customer bill. The customers chatter dies down as the news changes the topic. Fei exhales in relief not realising she had been holding back her breath all this while.

Mark leans on a cabinet in the kitchen. Silently staring at Fei's reaction through the kitchen window behind the cashier counter. He knows she was there. He is glad she is not hurt but these days he begin to have his suspicion on her.

'She lied about her where about.' He continue observing her. Fei is currently taking orders from another customer given now is the peak hour. He furrows his brow and immediately relaxed when Jackson palm come to his view.

"Did I just caught you giving off your infamous murderous glare?" Jackson joked. Mark blatantly ignores him as he scan through the orders on the tablet screen. "Get Yen to come here for me. We got pile of orders going on."

 

---

­­­

 

A loud slap echoes in the room. Yang bit his lips before laying his gaze low in front of the woman. His cheek is red from the slap but he is not to complain unless he wants to get killed right then and there.

"How come you make this type of mistake??!!" The woman shouted in anger.

She combs her hair all to the back using her fingers before letting herself fall on the cushion. She lays flat on her back as she drab her arm over her forehead.

"What are the casualities out of the news?"

She had calmed down. She get up and sit straight before asking Yang to sit on the chair in front of her. 

Yang clears his throat lightly.

"The polic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter