006

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How was it?”

Yang has been monitoring the CCTV footage for that night and there was no suspicious people with cameras on any floor. His informant had told him it was not the job of a hotel insider because all the camera angle location is weird and they had check for suspicious people on the footage the whole day and nothing came up. However, Yang wanted to check for himself and decided to pay the hotel a visit.

Xidan hotel CCTV room is now guarded by Yang’s henchmen. The security officer in-charge for the night of sniping last week is having a gun directed to his brain. He gulps as he go through the records of the control room entry log. His hands are shaky but he have no choice but to do as told if he doesn’t want his brain spilled.

He notice a staff name on the day after that incident where that staff is supposed to be on an unofficial sick leave but choose to stay silent because he knows these bastards won’t know anyway.

“N-N-no suspicious names, Sir. “ He stutters.

Yang hissed and push the gun to his head harshly. “You are aware that if you lie you’ll die right now right?”

He nods and copies the entry log for that night only into a thumb drive and hand it to him. “Y-You can check the names on our staffs list and shift schedule, Sir.”

Yang takes the thumb drive and removes the gun from his head. He then walks to one of his henchmen, whispering an order to check on the entry log staff list with the hotel staff’s department. The henchman nods and exit the control room.

Yang then pull out his phone and play the video that was shown in the news about the sniping incident. The officer gulps. Yang read out his name on the tag. “Hou , can you tell from which floor of this hotel is this video being recorded from?”

Hou furrows his brows. “This must be from the 20th floor and above..” He honestly replied. Quite amazed with the precision of angle of the video. Everything happening in the casino can be seen clearly. Even the place where the bullet come from and tiny image of the sniper getting ready on top of a building just across it shows. Yang nods and spare a glare on him before letting out a threat.

“One word on this to the police, you and your family is dead..”

He left with his henchmen. Hou let out a big breath and he silently mutters. “Should I just go to the police and tell everything so those bastards can find my family for me? I wanna see my long lost family too” He silently chuckles as he glance at his watch. He decided to report everything to the police after his shift that day.

 

---

 

The first snow fell today on Beijing. Again today, Fei feels weak since she didn't get enough sleep last night. She was going through the case folders and fell asleep on the living room couch. She haven't finish reading the whole thing.

Yen and Jackson went out to greet the snow as they had dress warmly enough. Most of the customers are only having warm drinks because it is long past lunch hour. Fei sits at the cashier counter while Mark is staring at the back of her head from the kitchen window.

Fei had realized Mark's gaze on her since morning but she choose to brush it off because she's tired enough. However, Mark's gaze feels like it will bore hole to the back of her head this time around so she decided to turn around and face him.

Mark is a bit startled but didn't move his gaze. Fei squints her eyes as she tiredly scowl when Mark didn't seem to budge minutes later.

 

“Have I done anything wrong Mark?”

Mark blinks with nonchalant face.

“Is there anything on my face today?” She tries again.

Mark hold back an amused face. ‘Wow, I’m seeing her mad for the first time.’

"Do you find me pretty or something?" She abruptly ask.

Mark gap at her in disbelief. "Did you just compliment yourself Fei?"

Fei rolls her eyes as she stand up and slams her palms on the window pane lightly. Facing Mark directly. "Can you perhaps stop boring a hole at the back of my head, boss? I’m getting uncomfortable."

“Aren’t you too feisty to your boss?” Mark copy her action from the other side of the pane.

"How about I remind you of something?"

"Remind me what?" She shows a curious face.

"16th November 2014.." He hiss near her ear.

She gulped. "W­what about that date?"

Mark smirks. "Did you have fun that night?"

"Did you saw me at the party?" She unconsciously slipped out. When she realize her mistake, she bit her lips.

Mark feign an innocent face. "I didn't say anything about any party."

She grab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter