020

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks later

Mark’s Apartment

 

             “I’m home..” Mark announce to practically nobody as he enter his house with Jackson and Yen trailing behind him with his luggage. “Can you please move aside, Sir? I, your chauffeur, need to put your luggage to your room.” Jackson jokingly hit his shoulder as he walk pass through him at the entrance.  Mark hiss at his sarcasm. “If I could I would carry all those by myself, you know.”

 

 

            “Yes, yes we know, Sir. Move aside please, won’t want me to break another leg do we?” Yen practically shove Mark to the wall as she walk pass him. Well, he is blocking the way.“You guys are carbon copies of each other, equally rude.”Mark walks slowly towards his couch, still not used to his healed legs yet.

 

 

            “Thank you for complimenting us,  brother-in-law!” Jackson dramatically lands himself beside Mark and rest his head on his shoulder. Mark pushes his head up with his shoulder. “It’s not a compliment, you .”

 

“Why is your house so clean? It freaks me out.” Yen touches the kitchen cabinet without getting dirt on her finger.

 

“Well, unlike some girl. I actually know how to clean my house.” Mark retorts back as a revenge for her pushing him just now. Yen stomps towards the couch he is sitting on and stops her feet right on top before it reaches Mark’s right knee. “Should I break this too?” She threatens him with her psychotic smile that Mark has always been scared of.

 

            Mark mumbles countless apologies as he lowers his head because he knows his sister. She’ll most probably do it. “That might be a good idea! We can ask Fei to take care of him here—oops..” Jackson realized he made a mistake as he recognize Mark’s solemn expression. Yen ended her threat and mouthed some words to Jackson. ‘That’s a taboo! You stupid!’

 

            Jackson scratches his chin while looking regretful for mentioning her name. Mark has been living at Jackson’s house before he finally decided to go home.  As the guys have been visiting him, they have noticed that any of Fei’s name, neither the fake or the real one, will affect Mark’s mood. They have decided that it is a taboo to mention her name while he is around.

 

            “Err, you need any help with anything around the house?” Yen tries to change the atmosphere. “No, you guys are good to go. Thanks for the help.” He briefly glance at them as he walk towards his room and lock himself inside.

 

            Yen’s and Jackson’s head follows until he closes the door and start whispering to each other while Yen continuously hits him for being insensitive through their walk out of Mark’s unit.

 

 

Second Heaven

 

            The dim light makes Ten feel much more gloomier. The girls surrounding him are not even up to his likings. ‘Scram, es.’ He wishes to say but he has an image to uphold here. A familiar figure is walking towards him. He sit up straight and stand up for a handshake as the guy reach his corner. “Yang, to what do I own this pleasure?” He shows him his usual fake smile.

 

            Yang does not like the guy. Why? Simple, the boss likes him more even when Yang is the one who has done a lot for her.  Just over his one mistake, she replaced her favorite lackey. “Wipe that grin off your ty face. You know I dislike you.” The girls start leaving one by one after sensing the tense atmosphere.

 

            “Aw, you scared the girls.” He pouts mockingly before making a serious face. “Straight forward as always, aren’t we?” Ten look straight into Yang’s eyes. Yang grits his teeth. ‘This scum, how dare he look at me like that, I am his superior.’ He clenches his fist. However, the way his boss are treating him right now is not in his favor.

 

            He still can think rationally of the consequences of making a ruckus here and hitting his boss new favorite lackey. “Madam wants you to kidnap some people.” He lean his back on the couch opposite of Ten. Ten lifts a brow. “That sounds like a lot of people, me alone?”

 

            “Just two, it’s a task for you and Mary.” Yang gulps his drink down as soon as the waitress hands it to him. Upon hearing Mary’s name, Ten’s face twitched a bit and it did not go unnoticed by Yang. He snickers. “I heard you bedded her.” Ten scoffs. “In your wildest dream, she’s not my style.”

 

“By the way,  why now?” Ten take a sip of his drink too.

 

“Seems to be much easier to be done since they are having their school field trip.” Yang replies and pulls a passing by waitress on his lap.

 

Ten nods and look away from the scene.

 

‘Field trip?’

 

 

 

 

 

2nd February 2015

Shidu, Beijing

 

 

 

            The clues lead Nattasha and Min to the scenic side of Beijing.  After weeks of investigation, they manage to get a lead on where the truck was headed. In hope of finding more evidence against Mary, Jaebum had stayed behind with a team of trusted detectives to pick up any movement from Mary’s organizati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter