003

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man in black blazer handed an envelope to the lady in a tight red dress. She put away her nail polish on the marble table and signal the bonzer to walks out of her office. The blazing music from outside can be heard as the door creaked open upon the bonzer leaving.

Mary opens the envelope carefully not wanting to ruin her nails. She put the pages down as she decided to blow her nails so it dries faster. Another bonzer knocks and peek his head on the door. 

"Yang request immediate reply." He delivers the message. Mary grunts as she signals him to close the door. Her office is soundproof but once her door is opened her peacefulness is disrupt by the music that is drowning a lot of drunkards in the night club.

She owns the private night club and the place deals with a lot of big clients. Big clients are the underground bosses and mafias. Even those tainted official governors is a frequent visitor of her private night club.

Decided that her nail has dried enough, she flicks the pages with her finger. 

'Another top secret exchange huh'

She locks her door before reading through the details. As she is almost done, her phone rings.

"As usual Yang, money first." Mary voiced.

"Darling, you have to confirm me if its possible first." Yang's deep voice can be heard at the other end.

"Tomorrow night at 3 and.."

"and?" Yang sounding impatient.

"Patience, Darling." She emphasize.

"Boyle is recently raid because some petty rich kids did poor drug smuggling so not here. I can still smell police around." She explains.

"So? Where is safe?"

Mary rest her back on the chair and swivels around so she's now facing the club activities through her glass wall. She can see the drunkards outside but they can't see her.

"Second Heaven. Make sure money is paid after I hang up." She reminds.

"Of course, dear Mary."

The phone call ended.

Outside, a bonzer smirk as he click something on his watch. Transmitting the information he just heard to someone. He succeeded on tapping the room within the 10 seconds he walks in.

 

 

---

 

Mark warm his palm as he unlocks the café entrance. He flips the sign to open when his eyes caught the sight of a girl sitting on the window pane outside his café. He is about to call out and welcomes her inside thinking she’s a customer when the girl turns her head. ‘Oh, she’s the girl from yesterday.’

Fei stands up and scratch her head. “Where did you come in from?” She is genuinely bewildered by his sudden appearance. Mark maintain his serious face. “Yen didn’t tell you about the backdoor entrance?”

She shakes her head. They stays silent for a moment.

“Youngjae is already waiting for you inside.” He then left her standing outside alone.

Fei gaps . ‘Ain’t he gonna ask how long have I waited in the cold outside for? How gentlemen..’ Fei grunts as she push the glass door and enters the scene. She saw Mark talking to someone and she slowly walk towards them. She clears . “Where is this Youngjae person?”

The guy beside Mark chuckles and lift his hand for a handshake. “I assume you’re Fei?” Fei nodded. Mark pats Youngjae’s shoulder before leaving with a ‘Teach her well.’ mumble. Fei scrunch her nose. ‘Does this dude walks away rudely all the time..geez..’

Fei had long accepted the handshake and the guy had introduced himself as Youngjae. She shyly nods and mentally hits her head because she should have figured that out. Youngjae invites her to begin their round and she gladly accepts.

They went through almost everything and now Fei knows there’s a staff entrance and exit which is the backdoor and you need to clock-in and clock out every time. He explain how things goes in the café including the staff rotation.

“So in our cafe there will be 2 full-timer waiter who works by turn using clock shift daily and 2 part-time waiter consist of you and Yugyeom, you’ll meet him on Thursday. Also me, I’m the full-time barista but I’m off duty for weekends and only work in the morning for Thursday and Friday. Jinyoung is a part-time barista in my absence and waiter in my presence.” His long explanation mostly goes through Fei’s ear but she nods pretending to hear everything.

“For the kitchen staffs and chefs…” He starts another round of explanation as they walk inside the kitchen this time. Handshakes happens and Fei fakes her cherry expression to everyone wondering when would this boring tour will ends. Mark observes her from the side lines until the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter