018

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Years Before

Thailand Police Academy

 

“Chi !!”

The male turn his head towards the owner of the voice. He beam his infamous eye smile as he excitedly wave towards his friend.

“Mario, you are late!” He punch his friend’s shoulder playfully. The latter giggle and mumble a sorry with his palm meeting each other. The two chatter as they walk towards the academy, excited and proud as they have passed the qualification test to work for the police. All new trainees gathered in a massive hall for welcoming ceremony and it is a given that the two best friend sit next to each other.

Mario look around and notice the amount of females around him. It doesn’t seem to exceed the males number but he can’t help but admire the girls who wish to be policewomen. “I didn’t expect to see so many girls too..” Chi notice Mario’s amazed expression. Everyone is now seated and the two manage to make friends with a guy who sits beside Mario because they sit at the end of the row.

A sudden sound of mic being tapped silence everyone.

“Hello everyone, the ceremony will begin shortly and I hope everyone is here. Before the Chief of Police come in I would like to invite the names that I will call to sit at the second row of reserved sit according to your names.”

The emcee start calling for names one by one and now 18 out of 20 names have gone through.

A familiar name is being called.

 “Chi it’s you.” Mario nudge Chi who is busy with his phone. He look up with a confused face but move forward nevertheless.

“I’ve heard that the 20 names that would be called is usually the top scorers..” Nichkun whispers to Mario. Mario nods with an amused face as he crane his neck towards the called trainee at the second row.

“And usually the later your name is called the higher your score..” Nickhun adds, slightly whispering because that’s what everyone is doing. Mario lift his brow at Nickhun. ‘Of course Chi did well.’

“Nattasha Nauljam Bhuwakul..” The last name is called and everyone seems to turn their head. Chi blinks at the sudden silence and turn his head away from his phone to see what everyone is focusing at. She gracefully step towards her designated seat beside Chi clad in black fitted slack and dark blue button up. Chi gulps as she sits down.

 

~

 

26th December (Present)

 

Bambam, Yugyeom and Jinyoung push the back door open. As they reach the café’s main space, the closed curtains and presence of some unknown people facing Yen, Jackson and Youngjae startled them. “Hello..?” Jinyoung awkwardly greets. The two unknown people acknowledge their presence and usher them to their seats.

“Why are we in the darkness and who are they?” Yugyeom couldn’t hold back his curiosity but his tone come off as kind of rude so Bambam nudge his stomach. Yugyeom hiss in pain and threaten to hit him back but Yen glares at him before he could do so. Yugyeom cowers and pouts causing Youngjae and Jackson to bit back their laughter.

Min clears .

“I’m sorry to gather you all here today. I’ve introduced myself to Michelle when I ask her to contact all of you but I think you guys should know who I am too..” She scan everyone’s faces to make sure they are all listening to her then she continues. “I’m Shin Min and I’m a detective from the MPD. I came regarding what happened to Mark Tuan recently.”

“The accident?” Jackson interrupt. Min turns to her colleague in confusion. The male whispers something to her ear as she nod in understanding.

“Not regarding his casted leg, this is regarding what happened two days ago.”

Everyone in the room murmurs while asking each other whether they know what happened to Mark except for the two officers. “I think you already know but Mark is my elder brother, what happened to him?” Yen folds her arm and set her gaze on Min warily. Min sighs before explaining the occurrence.

Gasp and curses can be heard in the room. Jackson quickly pull out his phone intending to check up on Mark when Min stop him by speaking up. “Mark is okay, your friend Nattasha is with him as of now.” She starts.

“Where is he and who is Nattasha?” Jinyoung voice out. He does not recall having a friend named Nattasha. So does the others.

“Err.. or should I say, Lim Fei?” Min eye everyone in the room.

Confusion is clear on every faces in the room who does not know the truth.

Bambam tense at the mention of that name. His intense glare caught Min’s attention. She slowly walk towards him as she flips through the file that contain their identities.

“I reckon you are Nattasha’s younger brother?”

He nods and look around him. The others who does not know of his sister identity gives him a questioning look. “I thought your sister is in Thailand?” Yugyeom fold his arm as he questions Bambam. Bambam sighs. The look in the others eye clearly deem for an explanation. He heaves a deep sigh as he look at Min. “Do I explain or do you explain?”

Min ruffles his hair. “Leave that to me cutie pie, it’s my job.”

 

~

 

-Mark’s apartment unit-

 

“So where exactly is this ‘Country Witness Protection House’?” Mark question as Nat open Mark’s luggage. He sits down on his bed watching her doing the deed. “I don’t know and can’t tell even if I know actually.. The security are super tight and you might have to stay there until the case is solved.” She answered while showing Mark clothes choices for her to pack.

Mark nods at every clothes she choose which eventually irritates her. “Might as well bring your whole closet, Mark Tuan.” She look at him annoyed while putting her left hand on her waist. Mark hold back his smile. “You were the one who ask me to choose, of course I like all of my clothes.” He retorts while leaning his back towards his bed with his arm propped on it. A smug look on his face.

“Then how about we rent a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter